Author Topic: Dorian Yates - What a back  (Read 30712 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Dorian Yates - What a back
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
Joel Stubbs

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »
speaking of backs, voted #1 Back of all time by Flex magazine, with Dorian in his rightful spot at number 2 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
speaking of backs, voted #1 Back of all time by Flex magazine, with Dorian in his rightful spot at number 2 8)

Do you know that predictability is the most un-seductive trait known to mankind?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
Ronnie must have spent a shit load of money on cars.
thats just another black mans opiion,,

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
Do you know that predictability is the most un-seductive trait known to mankind?
With Fanaticism being second?

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:48 PM »
Aren't you the same guy who discredits Flex magazine any time they say something positive about Dorian?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
Re: dorian yates
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »
Wow, you mean he took steroids??  Kinda like Ronnie's gyno I guess

haha, you nuthuggers are so predictable. Wtf does gyno have to do with a thread about Dorian's back? ???

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »
Aren't you the same guy who discredits Flex magazine any time they say something positive about Dorian?

no, I discredit some of Peter McGough's comments (like that dorian precontest 93 was harder than ronnie ever was  ( ::)) because it is a ridiculous comment totally debunked by any visual media of any kind:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
what a back

Although I question whether Dorian was the GOAT, he was an incredible bodybuilder.  That's an awesome back!

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 09:19:39 PM »
no, I discredit some of Peter McGough's comments (like that dorian precontest 93 was harder than ronnie ever was  ( ::)) because it is a ridiculous comment totally debunked by any visual media of any kind:
Right....your visual media is much more convincing than the opinion of a long time bodybuilding expert who saw them both up close and in person. 

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
Can we not stick to the SUBJECT of BACKS?  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 11:32:26 PM »
Right....your visual media is much more convincing than the opinion of a long time bodybuilding expert who saw them both up close and in person.  

Actually McGough wrote that Coleman had the best back and best physique he'd ever seen, right there in Flex fairly recently. Read it myself. This was highly humiliating to ND who constantly referenced McGhough's opinion. ;D

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
Coleman- and especially Stubbs may have had somewhat bigger backs. But, Dorian had size, shape, density and bone dry cuts. He also had the calves to balance out his back shots- which the others on this thread so far lacked. From the front, he was beatable. From the back, he was number one.

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 12:34:51 AM »
Yates has nothing on this guy...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

yes. anyone can see that. and its not 'my' visual media.

its everyone's upon which this sport is based.

::)

ps Mcgough was also a close personal friend of Dorian's in case you didn't know..

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2009, 06:10:03 AM »
Actually McGough wrote that Coleman had the best back and best physique he'd ever seen, right there in Flex fairly recently. Read it myself. This was highly humiliating to ND who constantly referenced McGhough's opinion. ;D

Ha ha ha pumpster in another Yates thread mentioning MY name , I own you like it's 1840  ;)

See you're reduced to outright lying now because you can't come up with anything else

He did say 2001 Arnold Classic Ronnie was the best physique he's ever seen ON-STAGE  ;) and guess who was the best off-stage? Dorian Yates at 269 pounds here is the quote without lies

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

Ha ha ha owned pumpster  ;)

and talk about humiliation ( besides me pointing out you're a tranny aficionado ) how about Ronnie Coleman on the topic of Dorian's back?

Ronnie Coleman : DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: A close friend. Dorian is very intelligent, a great Mr. Olympia. He had the best side-chest pose and the thickest freakiest back I have ever seen.

and that was 2003 too boot  ;) owned again

and humiliation? how about this?  ;) this ended the truce thread and started a trend of puppies following me around trying to turn every thread into the truce thread

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

would you have smoked him? NO cased closed  ;D

FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so. 

Jim: you think so? Ronnie: I KNOW SO  ;)

case closed , thanks for attending humiliation 101 you have been schooled  ;D ;)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »
Ronnie was just being modest.

Peter Mcgough is a fat schmoe, take his words with a grain of salt.
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 06:19:56 AM »
Ronnie was just being modest.

Peter Mcgough is a fat schmoe, take his words with a grain of salt.

Oh so you're thinking for Ronnie now huh? your his proxy?

Okay when McGough says Ronnie has a better back I'll take that with a grain of salt and when he says the greatest physique he's seen onstage was Ronnie 2001  ;) gotcha

Mr Modest BTW

HOUGHTS ON LOSING TO SCHLIERKAMP AT THE 2002 GNC SHOW OF STRENGTH:

It was nothing more than a way to create interest in the sport. No reigning Mr. Olympia had lost a show like this before. The goal was to shake things up, set the stage for a three-way battle [with Cutler and Schlierkamp] at the 2003 Mr. Olympia. There was no way in the world that I should have lost the GNC. Just look at the photos. I was victimized by the system

Ronnie Coleman on Jay Cutler : He must be on crack to think he could ever beat me , he better be reborn with better genetics .

Ronnie Coleman on Jay beating him at the Olympia " being white sure helped Jay

Mr Modesty for sure  ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 06:22:49 AM »
Mcgough = English
Dorian = English

Have you ever met Dorian? Have you ever gone to an Olympia? How much would you be willing to pay for a used thong of Dorians?
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 06:26:27 AM »
Mcgough = English
Dorian = English

Have you ever met Dorian? Have you ever gone to an Olympia? How much would you be willing to pay for a used thong of Dorians?

Never met Yates , never been to an Olympia , never bought anyone's used items  ;)

Ronnie = American FYI

no matter what you ball-lickers type you can NEVER change these facts , Dorian always beat Ronnie year-in-year-out and even when he became Mr Olympia Ronnie himself maintained he could NOT beat Dorian even after the fact  ;) I know this sucks badly for you all but that shows how great Dorian was  ;D

Dorian owned your hero get over it

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 06:30:14 AM »
Ronnie has 8 titles.

Dorian only has 6.

It's alright though, the great white hope Dorian was quite good..........2nd best imo, right after Ronnie.
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 06:34:37 AM »
Ronnie has 8 titles.

Dorian only has 6.

It's alright though, the great white hope Dorian was quite good..........2nd best imo, right after Ronnie.

Ha ha ha ha Dorian retired due to injuries Ronnie HIMSELF said he wouldn't have 8 Sandows if Dorian didn't retire

Dorian 8 victories over Ronnie

Ronnie 0 victories over Dorian  ;)

Race has nothing to do with it

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
Ha ha ha ha Dorian retired due to injuries Ronnie HIMSELF said he wouldn't have 8 Sandows if Dorian didn't retire

Dorian 8 victories over Ronnie

Ronnie 0 victories over Dorian  ;)

Race has nothing to do with it
Right on! Dorian would still be winning today if injuries hadnt occured.  8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
Right on! Dorian would still be winning today if injuries hadnt occured.  8)

Ronnie seems to thing even with the injuries he would have kept beating him  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 06:54:11 AM »
Ronnie seems to thing even with the injuries he would have kept beating him  ;D
Dorian got into his mind and ruled him. 8)