Author Topic: If steroids were made legal tomorrow...  (Read 3351 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If steroids were made legal tomorrow...
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
Would the supplement industry completely collapse?

or would popular bodybuilding sites all start selling gear with all their other stuff?

Would any kid pay $80 for a supplement if he could get testosterone for much less?

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
Re: If steroids were made legal tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:05 PM »
if they get away with charging 80 bones for shit they are going to charge a lot more for something that works

i imagine all the supplement companys woudl just start putting stuff that works in thier boxes and just jack up the price
Odilly

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »
if they didnt have side effects, then yea.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »
Many people would never use gear even if it was legal because they could not pin themselves.
I am a big baby

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
Didn't Know they were Illegal Ooooooooooooooops could be I read somewhere on this site that some old IFBB Pro come Rep says Nobody cares.Tell that to the DEA.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »
if they get away with charging 80 bones for shit they are going to charge a lot more for something that works

i imagine all the supplement companys woudl just start putting stuff that works in thier boxes and just jack up the price
Competition brings prices down.
I am a big baby

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:43:58 PM »
I remember when I was 16 my uncle told me all I needed supplement-wise was some protein,amino acids and a sold work ethic and the muscles would come ....I didn't listen and I wasted 100's of dollars on worthless crap over the years. (except protein powder, of course).

I was lucky in that regard, having a older responsible male to influence me in the right way. Unfortunately you got thousands of clueless teenagers  that would shove a needle in their backside if they knew that their arms would grow a few inches within weeks....and they could very well fuck their lives up in the process, no doubt about it.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:44:39 PM »
Many people would never use gear even if it was legal because they could not pin themselves.

seriously?

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:58 PM »
Competition brings prices down.

it could, i am very uneducated on the matter but how many labs are there that would mass produce and sell and be approved for sale in north America. i for real don't have a clue as to how many pharmaceutical company's there are the would be allowed to sell. i imagine its like most things, a handfull of rich guys pulling the strings on 6 or 8 major company's....it would actually be interesting to know...although this is getbig so i imagine someone will post a link on how lizard people control the whole pharmaceutical racket
Odilly

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
seriously?

imo, yes, although it is not an issue for me.
I am a big baby

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
Alot of jacked dudes. Then what will be the point when everyone is huge

dustin

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
seriously?

Of course, people are fucking pussies nowadays. I've had so many people ask me if they can just take steroid pills and avoid pinning all together. I know tons of guy's who've been juicing for years and still get friends and girlfriends pin them every other day because they're too pussy.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »
Switznegger, You add nothing to an intelligent conversation. Why don't you just sit back and listen for a while!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »
Nice thread idea.  I think the supp industry would disappear.  People would finally have access to something legal that works. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »
then supplements might actually work?  :o
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 10:15:59 PM »
personally, i think with their supply chain, forum membership, aaccess to signed athletes, and loyal buyers, they'd just start selling gear.  They already have the infrastructure in place.

Granted, almost nobody would still buy the fancy designer supplements they buy today.  Protein would still sell, but aside from that?  I dunno...

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »
Nice thread idea.  I think the supp industry would disappear.  People would finally have access to something legal that works. 
The supplement industry would not disappear imo, steroids are drugs and drugs do have side effects and many people would still not use them if they were legal.
I am a big baby

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 10:18:07 PM »
The supplement industry would not disappear imo, steroids are drugs and drugs do have side effects and many people would still not use them if they were legal.
Ha!  That's funny. 

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 11:33:42 PM »
you would still have some that were cautious because they were just illegal.

and then you would have guys scared to pin themselves eating dinnabol in arnoldeque proportions!

i also imagine supp companies would just run their version of it and begin to water it down.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 01:24:33 AM »
I'd stick to training "won hundra purcen nachural". Roids being illegal is just one of the reasons I don't care for them. To me, using drugs is like cheating. That body you built on them, is just an illusion....would you cheat your way through College? If you didn't work for it, is it really worth anything?

I have limits, and I'm okay with that. Some people are bigger and stronger (drugs or not), some are smarter. We all have something...

Most Steroid users I've known were weak (mentally and  sometimes physically). They used cause they didn't have the work ethic, or they just couldn't hack it. So they took the shortcut.

If nothing else, I get the satisfaction of knowing that at my gym, I outwork most of the users there. I'm nothing special, but I bust my ass. Sadly, these guys have no heart. I earned everything I have......whatever that may be.

I'm trying to lead by example....how can I (a grown man) tell my kids not to do this or that (drug wise) if I used? And for vanity's sake of all things?

HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 01:25:54 AM »
I don't believe the sup companies would go under. As long as there is advertising and naive people....they will prevail (to some degree).
HAHA, RON.....

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 01:26:31 AM »
They would come up with supplements that would work. (mixing it with steroid powder for instance)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 02:26:48 AM »
True,some people are afraid to use creatine even

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 02:56:21 AM »
if they didnt have side effects, then yea.

Under a good sports doctor's direction, steroid sides can be controlled.

i imagine all the supplement company's would just start putting stuff that works in their boxes and just jack up the price

They would be manufactured by pharmaceutical companies, sold in licensed pharmacies.
You would need a prescription...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 02:57:31 AM »
Goodrum would still look like shit.