Author Topic: Joe Scarborough - 2012 Repub candidate?  (Read 509 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Joe Scarborough - 2012 Repub candidate?
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »
He's on hardball talking about it, and hocking his new book.

He's also refusing to answer specific Qs on gay marriage, abortion.  The guy has a big enough audience, and libs like him (MSNBC viewers).  if he can sell himself as a 'true' republican to the FOX viewers, who knows.  Maybe he'd get the nod. 

He fits the bill as far-right rebound candidate that wins following a lib.  He's looking skinnier too...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Joe Scarborough - 2012 Repub candidate?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
he was on streets signs today as well..

honest opinion: Senate run. He won't stand a chance running for president. He's at a disadvantage being a t.v. personality, the media will be quick to write him off as a loon. Basically no one will take him serious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »
he's not a handsome man, and I think that would work against him.

he could be a 'safe' VP pick to win the south.

Is he gonna run against Crist for senate?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:24 PM »
He's on hardball talking about it, and hocking his new book.

He's also refusing to answer specific Qs on gay marriage, abortion.  The guy has a big enough audience, and libs like him (MSNBC viewers).  if he can sell himself as a 'true' republican to the FOX viewers, who knows.  Maybe he'd get the nod. 

He fits the bill as far-right rebound candidate that wins following a lib.  He's looking skinnier too...

I was kind of tuning in and out of Hardball today while I was cooking in the kitchen. I remember Chris Matthews pressing him alot on the abortion issue and thought it was a little odd. Didn't know they were talking about a potential presidential run but Scarborough did make some interesting remarks about settling more of these bullshit issues on a state by state basis which I totally agree with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
I was kind of tuning in and out of Hardball today while I was cooking in the kitchen. I remember Chris Matthews pressing him alot on the abortion issue and thought it was a little odd. Didn't know they were talking about a potential presidential run but Scarborough did make some interesting remarks about settling more of these bullshit issues on a state by state basis which I totally agree with.

hahah yes... he said it was okay in vermont, but wouldn't answer if it was right in FL... lol.. maybe it is a FL job he's looking for!

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
No no, this would not be good for the Republican Party. Right now Mitt Romney looks the best person for 2012. Unfortunately he is not as supply side as I would prefer, but he has a history of solving problems. I just wish the Republicans could find a true supply side leader. They have not had a supply side candidate since Ronald Reagan.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Bush waited until after the 1998 mid-term elections to poke his head out.  he was still fresh and exciting to R voters in 2000.

Maybe guys like pawlenty and jindal and barbour - being very quiet right now - have the right idea.  Stay quiet and come out with a lot of good ideas right before 2012 elections.

Right now, there are 3 repubs we hear about every day on the news - Newt, palin, and Rush - definitely not the shining groups repubs want to sell to the public in 2012, when there are many candidate with so much more potential.