Author Topic: Peter Schiff on Comedy Central -  (Read 3836 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Peter Schiff on Comedy Central -
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »
He should go after Laffer and his eponymous curve.  Supply side nonsense is just as ridiculous today as it was in Reagan's time.

Schiff is the consummate snakeoil salesman.  He breaks the problem down into simple, easily digestable bits of opinion and fact which helps him close the deal with people who still think we have free markets that equate with our societal and personal freedoms.

Another thing Decker. Schiff always says our biggest problem is not making things in America , manufacturing things in this country like we did for a lot of our history.

Isnt that what you preach yourself?  

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »
what is schiff's policy on Unions?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 01:02:47 PM »
wrong, he is saying that with the Federal Reserves involvement in always increasing the money supply and other govt tax laws and regs, we have the opposite of a free market.   
Thank you for proving my assertion.  The fed (gov) is interfering with the market.  Tax laws and regs interfere with the perfection that is the market.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
Thank you for proving my assertion.  The fed (gov) is interfering with the market.  Tax laws and regs interfere with the perfection that is the market.  

The Federal Reserve is not accountable to you the voter or Congress for that matter.     

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
The Federal Reserve is not accountable to you the voter or Congress for that matter.     
I'm not here to defend the fed.  I would have to disagree with you b/c the fed has both private and public aspects. 

However, the Congress can do whatever the hell it pleases.  If it wants to power down the Fed through regulatory action, it can happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »
I'm not here to defend the fed.  I would have to disagree with you b/c the fed has both private and public aspects. 

However, the Congress can do whatever the hell it pleases.  If it wants to power down the Fed through regulatory action, it can happen.

I think you should look into the fact that both Ron Paul and Kucinich are both rying to audit the Fed Reserves' books.  Do you know that the Fed Reserve has never been audited as to how much money they have actually printed and is in circulation???

Also, some lady who is the chief auditor of the Fed testified that she has no idea whatsoever where any of the TARP payments have gone and they have no record of anything?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »
I think you should look into the fact that both Ron Paul and Kucinich are both rying to audit the Fed Reserves' books.  Do you know that the Fed Reserve has never been audited as to how much money they have actually printed and is in circulation???

Also, some lady who is the chief auditor of the Fed testified that she has no idea whatsoever where any of the TARP payments have gone and they have no record of anything?
No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of tricky dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope

TRANSPARENCY is a good thing.  Regulatory oversight makes people and institutions more honest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of tricky dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope

TRANSPARENCY is a good thing.  Regulatory oversight makes people and institutions more honest.

10000%

But where you think its the corps. vs. the govt.  ,   i think it is more the govt and the multi national corps. working together against the taxpayers and small business people through tax laws, etc.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

10000%

But where you think its the corps. vs. the govt.  ,   i think it is more the govt and the multi national corps. working together against the taxpayers and small business people through tax laws, etc.
It's people like the Bush family that have corrupted our government.  Government used as a tool for business by monied elites have eroded the gov's oversight powers.

Look at the recent BS with Blackwater--earning billions for substandard unchecked work which coincidentally killed american soldiers.  They still got their money and the system of private exploitation of government lives on.

Back in FDR and Truman's day, the gov. was clean, run well and performed its duties in the interest of the people...all the people..

That can't be said today b/c of politicians like Reagan/Bush/ who claim that gov. is part of the problem.  Those are slimey bastards for sure.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 01:37:25 PM »
It's people like the Bush family that have corrupted our government.  Government used as a tool for business by monied elites have eroded the gov's oversight powers.

Look at the recent BS with Blackwater--earning billions for substandard unchecked work which coincidentally killed american soldiers.  They still got their money and the system of private exploitation of government lives on.

Back in FDR and Truman's day, the gov. was clean, run well and performed its duties in the interest of the people...all the people..

That can't be said today b/c of politicians like Reagan/Bush/ who claim that gov. is part of the problem.  Those are slimey bastards for sure.

Its both sides.  Do you think people like Dodd/Schumer/Feinstein/Pelosi are any different???

Just look into Feinsteins' husbands' dealing with the Chinese. 

And I agree with you about the military then and now.  Its disgraceful and criminal.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »
Its both sides.  Do you think people like Dodd/Schumer/Feinstein/Pelosi are any different???

Just look into Feinsteins' husbands' dealing with the Chinese. 

And I agree with you about the military then and now.  Its disgraceful and criminal.
Yeah I do think they differ.  There is an artistocratic segment of our population which thinks it owns the country.  Bush is part of that aristocracy.  I think the dems you mentioned are on the outside looking in.

This aristocracy has been trying to run and/or own this country since we started.  They almost got caught in 1934.  They don't give up.

These people did not just go away:  In 1934, Gen. Butler came forward and reported to the U.S. Congress that a group of wealthy pro-Fascist industrialists had been plotting to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in a military coup, and had approached him to lead the coup.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

The Business Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

This is a short worthwhile read:  http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

The monied elites are a major source of our problems...not our saviors.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
Yeah I do think they differ.  There is an artistocratic segment of our population which thinks it owns the country.  Bush is part of that aristocracy.  I think the dems you mentioned are on the outside looking in.

This aristocracy has been trying to run and/or own this country since we started.  They almost got caught in 1934.  They don't give up.

These people did not just go away:  In 1934, Gen. Butler came forward and reported to the U.S. Congress that a group of wealthy pro-Fascist industrialists had been plotting to overthrow the government of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in a military coup, and had approached him to lead the coup.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

The Business Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

This is a short worthwhile read:  http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

The monied elites are a major source of our problems...not our saviors.

Of course you think the Dems are the outside looking in, you're a retard. Hell, you actually think Pelosi can do no wrong. Just goes to show how skewed your idolatry of Dems is.

I'd vote for Schiff in a heartbeat. Hope he runs here.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Of course you think the Dems are the outside looking in, you're a retard. Hell, you actually think Pelosi can do no wrong. Just goes to show how skewed your idolatry of Dems is.
You are a lonely person.  Your 'tells' scream that.  You set up your straw arguments and then feebly knock 'em down while making no effort at civil discourse.  You're a sad little person.

Show me the historical evidence that Pelosi (my infallible god- Holy Cocksnot, you see right through me) has used the government for her own purposes instead of for what's best for the people.  I have tons of shit on how the Bush lineage has used our government like a fucking soup kitchen.

I'd vote for Schiff in a heartbeat. ....
You'd vote for Schiff in a heartbeat b/c you buy into his economic pablum.  That's the real pity.  Maybe when you're 57, you'll see the err of your ways.  Until then, you're a kid with a big mouth and a small understanding.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 01:13:36 AM »
Schiff is 100% correct.  The country has not had a true monetary policy in about 8 years.  Unreasonably low interest rates proped up the stock market, but it also created the real estate bubble.

Yes, millions refinanced.  And their home values went up and up.  And then it all went to hell when some reality hit home when hundreds of thousands of borrowers could not pay off their mortgages, even with very low interest.

The Federal Reserve has not done it's job, partly due to Greenspan, partly due to the Bush administration.