Author Topic: Peter Schiff on Comedy Central -  (Read 3834 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Peter Schiff on Comedy Central -
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:57:28 AM »
The word is getting out. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Peter Schiff on Comedy Central -
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:33:40 AM »
He did a great job explaining things. Even getbiggers could understand.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
guy be da man!
I hate the State.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »
I just finished watching it a couple of hours ago. I was really impressed by this guy and how simple he explained things.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
damn you viacom!  ;D

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »

I liked Stewarts Poland joke. :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:24:33 AM »
Not one person has yet to be able to prove Schiff wrong on macro economics.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:31 AM »
Not one person has yet to be able to prove Schiff wrong on macro economics.   
No one has proven me wrong on astrophysics, philosophy, engineering....

Don't ask Schiff's clients if he's ever been proven wrong.  He predicts the market is going to tank for 7 years and when it does he's looked at as infallible?  He's a fucking broken clock.

Schiff is an anti-government, anti-tax libertarian nut like his old man.  They both carry a heavy chip on their shoulders.  That skews their perspective heavily and in my opinion, makes them ignorable. 

Let me help:  Markets operate perfectly.  Gov is inherently screwed up.  Gov. interference corrupts markets.

What truth, the crowd yells, that is!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 06:59:42 AM »

Don't ask Schiff's clients if he's ever been proven wrong.  He predicts the market is going to tank for 7 years and when it does he's looked at as infallible?  He's a fucking broken clock.

Schiff is an anti-government, anti-tax libertarian nut like his old man.  They both carry a heavy chip on their shoulders.  That skews their perspective heavily and in my opinion, makes them ignorable. 

Let me help:  Markets operate perfectly.  Gov is inherently screwed up.  Gov. interference corrupts markets.

What truth, the crowd yells, that is!

Ok.  Here we go again - Watch this video:

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 07:04:21 AM »
I stand corrected.

He's a genius.

facepalm.....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 07:06:12 AM »
I stand corrected.

He's a genius.

facepalm.....

He is not a genius, but he is honest, unlike the other fanboys, cheerleaders, and hacks. 

You dont want to accept reality, fine, thats your choice.  Keep living in 1951.

However, you still have not shown Schiff to be wrong on anything on macro economics.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 07:10:27 AM »
He is not a genius, but he is honest, unlike the other fanboys, cheerleaders, and hacks. 

You dont want to accept reality, fine, thats your choice.  Keep living in 1951.

However, you still have not shown Schiff to be wrong on anything on macro economics.   
He's honest?

Wow.  HOnesty about a warped perspective is great.  I mean he's not lying.

He says brokers push financial products to make a buck.  Jesus H Christ on a telephone pole, Pete Schiff speaks truth.

He's brilliant.

Now it's becoming clear.  B/c of truth like that, Schiff must be right that gov. interference in the market is the problem...Holy Cockdoodles, The man's brilliant!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:14:17 AM »
He's honest?

Wow.  HOnesty about a warped perspective is great.  I mean he's not lying.

He says brokers push financial products to make a buck.  Jesus H Christ on a telephone pole, Pete Schiff speaks truth.

He's brilliant.

Now it's becoming clear.  B/c of truth like that, Schiff must be right that gov. interference in the market is the problem...Holy Cockdoodles, The man's brilliant!

God forbid anyone prove that your beliefs may not hold true right???. 

Its time you be a little more open minded and challenge some of your views.   

BTW - did you watch the video???????

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 07:37:48 AM »

Have you talked to any of his clients recently, or are you just going by what was written in some blog back at the end of 08?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
Have you talked to any of his clients recently? Or are you just going by what was written in some blog?

Schiff has detailed over and over and over what happened with those few clients in his radio show. 

Closed minded people like Decker will never take the time to do actual research and would rather call names from the sidelines.

Schiff has been more accurate than any of the economists routinely touted as experts.   

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »
Schiff has detailed over and over and over what happened with those few clients in his radio show. 

Closed minded people like Decker will never take the time to do actual research and would rather call names from the sidelines.

Schiff has been more accurate than any of the economists routinely touted as experts.   

Shiff's clients were losing money at the end of 08 because of his investing strategy but things have changed. It's funny though no one mentions how Peter helped  make the majority of his clients  money leading up to that period or how his clients have recouped almost all of their losses at the present time.

Is Peter supposed to be right 100% of the time and be able to predict every trend correctly? Other very well known investors fuck up but you won't hear Decker mentioning those errors over and over again. But for some reason Decker hates it when anyone shows any dissent toward the government or the system.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »
I would like to feign my offense on behalf of Comedy Central viewers everywhere.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
God forbid anyone prove that your beliefs may not hold true right???. 

Its time you be a little more open minded and challenge some of your views.   

BTW - did you watch the video???????

I watched about 2 minutes of the video.  Same shit. 

He doesn't challenge my views any more than Pat Robertson does.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 12:40:07 PM »
I watched about 2 minutes of the video.  Same shit. 

He doesn't challenge my views any more than Pat Robertson does.

Fine, do me a favor - go to about 3:00 minutes in. 

What I think you dont get is that he goes after mostly the tradional GOP economists like Art Laffer and Ben Stein and others.   

He also attacked Bush mercilessly. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
....But for some reason Decker hates it when anyone shows any dissent toward the government or the system.
There is a concerted effort by the monied elite to diminish our representative government to the point where it can be drown in a bath tub.

I don't want that.

The US public is already at the mercy of corporate domination.  Let's not make it easy for them, ok?

That's my reason.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
Have you talked to any of his clients recently, or are you just going by what was written in some blog back at the end of 08?
Since I don't have access to Schiff's book of business, I'm going by what I can pull off the internet.

Here's what I found:  http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-ticker/2009/01/26/peter-schiff-right-on-the-crisis-wrong-on-investing.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/2009/1/peter-schiffs-clients-got-hosed-this-year-too

I don't like his hatred of our government.  I don't like his unsubstantiated allegations re government and economics.  I don't like his obvious blindness to the distinction between correlation and causation.  I don't like Peter Schiff.

His garbage is just about on par for today's libertarian i.e., a walking embarrassment to any reasonable human being.  I guess the cat is out of the bag on that one for me. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »
Since I don't have access to Schiff's book of business, I'm going by what I can pull off the internet.

Here's what I found:  http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-ticker/2009/01/26/peter-schiff-right-on-the-crisis-wrong-on-investing.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/2009/1/peter-schiffs-clients-got-hosed-this-year-too

I don't like his hatred of our government.  I don't like his unsubstantiated allegations re government and economics.  I don't like his obvious blindness to the distinction between correlation and causation.  I don't like Peter Schiff.

His garbage is just about on par for today's libertarian i.e., a walking embarrassment to any reasonable human being.  I guess the cat is out of the bag on that one for me. 

So libertairians are embarassments to human beings? 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:40 PM »
Fine, do me a favor - go to about 3:00 minutes in. 

What I think you dont get is that he goes after mostly the tradional GOP economists like Art Laffer and Ben Stein and others.   

He also attacked Bush mercilessly. 

He should go after Laffer and his eponymous curve.  Supply side nonsense is just as ridiculous today as it was in Reagan's time.

Schiff is the consummate snakeoil salesman.  He breaks the problem down into simple, easily digestable bits of opinion and fact which helps him close the deal with people who still think we have free markets that equate with our societal and personal freedoms.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
He should go after Laffer and his eponymous curve.  Supply side nonsense is just as ridiculous today as it was in Reagan's time.

Schiff is the consummate snakeoil salesman.  He breaks the problem down into simple, easily digestable bits of opinion and fact which helps him close the deal with people who still think we have free markets that equate with our societal and personal freedoms.

wrong, he is saying that with the Federal Reserves involvement in always increasing the money supply and other govt tax laws and regs, we have the opposite of a free market.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 01:00:01 PM »
So libertairians are embarassments to human beings? 

Today's version...yup.  Generally I see short-sighted, narrow-minded, unsympathetic and fairly green people swarming to the nonsense of Ayn Rand.

I think people should give up libertarianism when they hit 19-21.  It's a young person's philosophy.