Author Topic: 72 Year old Woman Tasered by Police!  (Read 19889 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: 72 Year old Woman Tasered by Police!
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »
As a Bouncer about 2yrs ago some dirty bitch put out a cigarette on my face and I sure as hell slapped her
Fuck it,if they want to act like men,they can be treated like men

i agree, these whores at any age are not equal to men.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
He was sane and rational...she was not...which is why she eventually got TASED

He attempted to control the situation without weapons, he was unsuccessful.

There should never have been a situation to begin with...GET IT?
Actually Chick, he was not sane and rational.  He acted like a kid having a temper tantrum.  You should recognize that now that you have a child.  He started screaming at her as soon as they were at the end of the vehicle and never stopped, not to mention threw his ticket pad down on the ground like a spoiled brat.  Yes, she was mouthing off but he never once kept his calm once she was out of the vehicle.  He screamed, shoved and tazered.  He never spoke nicely to her (not that she did to him, but HE is the one who is supposed to keep calm, cool and collective).  And I don't blame him one bit for being angry, not at all, I would too, but again, it is HIS job to keep things together.  Screaming at a 72 year old person, shoving them back and tazering them is NOT keeping things together.  Things may have been different if he explained to her that it was important for them to move to the passsenger side of the vehicle so they wouldn't get hurt.  He could have nicely put his arm around her and said "I know you're upset but lets move over to this side so we don't get hurt and I can explain to you what this signature means...." which is what he's SUPPOSED TO DO...keep everything/everybody calm & safe.  Instead he screams back at her like a little kid, shoves her like a bully and tazers her like an asshole.  The tazer is supposed to be used instead of drawing your gun when the officer feels threatened.  Not to contain an elderly person who wants to get in her car.  Like w8m8 said, all officers are trained to know how to use the wrist twist and subdue motion, he did not use it.  He did grab her wrist once...if a grandmother can pull away from him like she did, so easily, then he obviously didn't pay attention at the academy.

w8m8, you are correct regarding the uniform giving many a sense of supreme power.  I've seen it first hand several times over.  I bumped into (well got pulled over by) a kid I went to school/graduated with.  He was a class clown but in the geeky kind of way.  The "cool" kids didn't want to have anything to do with him, teased him and whatnot.  And the popular girls didn't give him the time of day.  I ws also one of the "geeky-less popular" kids in school and was friends with him.  Not close friends but we did talk in school a lot.  Anyway, several years after graduating I was pulled over for going 30 in a 25.  Steve walked over to my car like Mr. Macho Man and said "license & registration please".  I knew immediately that it was him and was like "omg, Steve, how are you? I didn't know you became a cop" as I was getting my license & reg out.  He then proceeded with "do you know you were going 30 in a 25 mile zone?"  I said that I hadn't realized.  Didn't argue because I didn't really know, just thought I was keeping up with the rest of the cars.  He walked away to his car and called my plate in, came back and said "I'm giving you a warning.  Please maintain the correct speed that's posted.  Thank you." ...and walked away.  I was like ???   I also noticed it with my ex-husband.  He walked around like his shit didn't stink when in uniform, chewed on a tooth pick or gum with such arrogance.  Even my dad acted differently when on the job.  I remember him coming over to my car, squatting down to talk to me (I was in the driver's seat and my girlfriend was in the passenger seat).  A car drove by, wasn't going fast or anything and he stopped talking and whipped his head around to the direction of the car and whispered the plate number, then turned back towards us and continued talking.  It was a weird thing and I am sure he was trying to show off in front of my girlfriend.  I grew up knowing all his friends in the department and watched them do the same kind of stupid shit.  I don't even think they know they are doing it.  They just put on the uniform and morph, lol.
:D Weee

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2009, 09:58:41 AM »
Actually Chick, he was not sane and rational.  He acted like a kid having a temper tantrum.  You should recognize that now that you have a child.  He started screaming at her as soon as they were at the end of the vehicle and never stopped, not to mention threw his ticket pad down on the ground like a spoiled brat.  Yes, she was mouthing off but he never once kept his calm once she was out of the vehicle.  He screamed, shoved and tazered.  He never spoke nicely to her (not that she did to him, but HE is the one who is supposed to keep calm, cool and collective).  And I don't blame him one bit for being angry, not at all, I would too, but again, it is HIS job to keep things together.  Screaming at a 72 year old person, shoving them back and tazering them is NOT keeping things together.  Things may have been different if he explained to her that it was important for them to move to the passsenger side of the vehicle so they wouldn't get hurt.  He could have nicely put his arm around her and said "I know you're upset but lets move over to this side so we don't get hurt and I can explain to you what this signature means...." which is what he's SUPPOSED TO DO...keep everything/everybody calm & safe.  Instead he screams back at her like a little kid, shoves her like a bully and tazers her like an asshole.  The tazer is supposed to be used instead of drawing your gun when the officer feels threatened.  Not to contain an elderly person who wants to get in her car.  Like w8m8 said, all officers are trained to know how to use the wrist twist and subdue motion, he did not use it.  He did grab her wrist once...if a grandmother can pull away from him like she did, so easily, then he obviously didn't pay attention at the academy.

w8m8, you are correct regarding the uniform giving many a sense of supreme power.  I've seen it first hand several times over.  I bumped into (well got pulled over by) a kid I went to school/graduated with.  He was a class clown but in the geeky kind of way.  The "cool" kids didn't want to have anything to do with him, teased him and whatnot.  And the popular girls didn't give him the time of day.  I ws also one of the "geeky-less popular" kids in school and was friends with him.  Not close friends but we did talk in school a lot.  Anyway, several years after graduating I was pulled over for going 30 in a 25.  Steve walked over to my car like Mr. Macho Man and said "license & registration please".  I knew immediately that it was him and was like "omg, Steve, how are you? I didn't know you became a cop" as I was getting my license & reg out.  He then proceeded with "do you know you were going 30 in a 25 mile zone?"  I said that I hadn't realized.  Didn't argue because I didn't really know, just thought I was keeping up with the rest of the cars.  He walked away to his car and called my plate in, came back and said "I'm giving you a warning.  Please maintain the correct speed that's posted.  Thank you." ...and walked away.  I was like ???   I also noticed it with my ex-husband.  He walked around like his shit didn't stink when in uniform, chewed on a tooth pick or gum with such arrogance.  Even my dad acted differently when on the job.  I remember him coming over to my car, squatting down to talk to me (I was in the driver's seat and my girlfriend was in the passenger seat).  A car drove by, wasn't going fast or anything and he stopped talking and whipped his head around to the direction of the car and whispered the plate number, then turned back towards us and continued talking.  It was a weird thing and I am sure he was trying to show off in front of my girlfriend.  I grew up knowing all his friends in the department and watched them do the same kind of stupid shit.  I don't even think they know they are doing it.  They just put on the uniform and morph, lol.

He was clearly upset about his poor genetics. Understandable.

Team Horrible Genetics approved
I hate the State.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »

Once again...you are talking about a PORTION of a video...how do you know the officer didn't try ALL of the things you mentioned BEFORE the part you DO see? I can all but guarantee that the officer followed the same procedure he has with every other person he pulled over that day.  Highly doubtful he approached a 72 year old lady with any type of attitude initially.

SHE was the one speeding....SHE was the one with the attitude...SHE was the one being dificult and failing to obey the commands given.

Did he HAVE to use the taser?  No. 

He cant win either way....if he treats her with kid gloves, he gets the classic "Oh sure, just because she's old, she gets preferential treatment.."...Had he wristlocked her, he gets shit for manhandling an old lady...

I'm not even sure why she's out of the car in the first place....he could have ordered her out, she could have gotten out on her own despite being told to stay in te car (which is common)....

No matter how many ways you slice it...she's in the wrong from the start

I put it in the same context as the "illegal alien" who is treated poorly or unfairly.....THEY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Makes everything that happens afterwards subject to interpretation

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »

Any Elvis books?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »
She brought the action on herself by not following th command of the officer...it was by the book 100%

And youre a cop to know the laws/rules on what constitutes excessive force?  Please.

He clearly used excessive force on her as he EASILY couldn've put her down on the ground WITHOUT the use of the taser as excessive force. 
I'm a lawyer and ex cop.  Clearly excessive use of force.

If she were unable to be brought down, THEN taser MAY have been an option.  But you can't justify NOT being able to subdue a woman of this age with empty hands. 

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2009, 10:37:31 AM »

Once again...you are talking about a PORTION of a video...how do you know the officer didn't try ALL of the things you mentioned BEFORE the part you DO see? I can all but guarantee that the officer followed the same procedure he has with every other person he pulled over that day.  Highly doubtful he approached a 72 year old lady with any type of attitude initially.

SHE was the one speeding....SHE was the one with the attitude...SHE was the one being dificult and failing to obey the commands given.

Did he HAVE to use the taser?  No. 

He cant win either way....if he treats her with kid gloves, he gets the classic "Oh sure, just because she's old, she gets preferential treatment.."...Had he wristlocked her, he gets shit for manhandling an old lady...

I'm not even sure why she's out of the car in the first place....he could have ordered her out, she could have gotten out on her own despite being told to stay in te car (which is common)....

No matter how many ways you slice it...she's in the wrong from the start

I put it in the same context as the "illegal alien" who is treated poorly or unfairly.....THEY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Makes everything that happens afterwards subject to interpretation

Statements like these make us, policy makers end legislators of the IFBB, proud to have you on board dear fellow.

Carry on son, you'll go far.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
And your a cop to know the laws/rules on this?  Please.

He clearly used excessive force on her as he EASILY couldn've put her down on the ground WITHOUT the use of the taser as excessive force. 
I'm a lawyer and ex cop.  Clearly excessive use of force.

If she were unable to be brought down, THEN taser MAY have been an option.  But you can't justify NOT being able to subdue a woman of this age with empty hands. 

I'm a former Deputy Sheriff, so yes, I feel qualified to comment.....and putting her to the ground could be construed as "excessive force" just as easily, counselor...one would think a former cop and lawyer would know that.

It's not "clearly" anything

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
I'm a former Deputy Sheriff, so yes, I feel qualified to comment.....and putting her to the ground could be construed as "excessive force" just as easily, counselor...one would think a former cop and lawyer would know that.

Um, you're actually agreeing with his point here, Chick.  ???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »

Team Daniel Hannan approved
I hate the State.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
Look,any cop is fucked automatically facing such a situation
If he cuffed her there wud be headlines,if he let her walk out in front of the traffic there wud be headlines
Fuck her,she wont disrespect a cop again in a hurry
Playing the poor old lady card is like something a black does when he has a bit of hassle with cops

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »

As a deputy sheriff wouldn't you have learned the "Force Continuum" and discovered that putting her to the ground would have been a lesser force than using a taser?  

You learned (or should have learn, as I did in the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Academy years ago) that you can only move up one level of force with that of what your suspect is giving.  

End result is that he should had tried to subdue the woman by bringing her down and cuffing her before resorting to tasing.  This is CLEARLY what should have happened.  I'd LOVE to have you on the stand Chick.  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2009, 10:48:54 AM »
WTF has happened to getbig?  The whole argument boils down to a. she was old and b. she was unattractive.  Therefore, since she wasn't hitable material, the cop did everybody a favor.  Besides, the old hag sounded like she was having her first orgasm in 30+ years, so everybody wins.

hahahahahahaha!!!

that fucking funny  ;D :) :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »

Um...actually I'm not....read it again

He's implying that putting her to the ground would NOT have been deemed excessive use of force....

I'm saying that putting her to the ground could very WELL have been deemed as excessive force as well...

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
Putting her to the ground could be deemed excessive by the public, yes, but not by police protocol.  It's what should've been done.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »
Um...actually I'm not....read it again

He's implying that putting her to the ground would NOT have been deemed excessive use of force....

I'm saying that putting her to the ground could very WELL have been deemed as excessive force as well...
Right you are, Chick. BTW, the local lads on the force call guys like this 'hammers' as they just go round looking for nails to pound.  ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »
As a deputy sheriff wouldn't you have learned the "Force Continuum" and discovered that putting her to the ground would have been a lesser force than using a taser?  

You learned (or should have learn, as I did in the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Academy years ago) that you can only move up one level of force with that of what your suspect is giving.  

End result is that he should had tried to subdue the woman by bringing her down and cuffing her prior to tasing.  This is CLEARLY what should have happened.  I'd LOVE to have you on the stand Chick.  ;D

Please....putting her to the ground would have been looked at just the same...

What I learned in the Monroe County Sheriff's dept years ago, was that you can use whatever force is deemed necessary to remedy the situation with the least amount of altercation taking place...

And please....spare me the "I'd love to have you on the stand bullshit, Perry Mason..."

End result was your client was choosing to disobey a direct command given (numerous times), was aggravating the situation, and putting the safety of herself as well as the officer in jeopardy.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
Please....putting her to the ground would have been looked at just the same...

What I learned in the Monroe County Sheriff's dept years ago, was that you can use whatever force is deemed necessary to remedy the situation with the least amount of altercation taking place...
And please....spare me the "I'd love to have you on the stand bullshit, Perry Mason..."

End result was your client was choosing to disobey a direct command given (numerous times), was aggravating the situation, and putting the safety of herself as well as the officer in jeopardy.

Well then by your logic, genius, why don't cops just shoot every suspect?    This would provide for no altercation.

Before you post, read what you wrote, and think... "do i make sense here?"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
Well then by your logic, genius, why don't cops just shoot every suspect?    This would provide for no altercation.

Before you post, read what you wrote, and think... "do i make sense here?"

And your analogy IS making sense?  You just made a compete fool of yourself

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
Without bashing each other personally, Chick, look up the following:

Force Continuum

Officer's are supposed to meet force given to them with an elevation of one level of force to combat the suspect with.

Here, she was verbally yelling and not following his orders.  The level above "verbal" command is hand tactics, like wrestling to the ground.  Above the wrestling (empty hand tactics) you then get into the tasers..then sprays.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
CHick, you said  that cops can use whatever force necessary that provides the least altercation. 

THis would mean that it's ok to shoot a petty thief bc it provides zero altercation.   

You're really making this too easy for me.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2009, 11:11:31 AM »
CHick, you said  that cops can use whatever force necessary that provides the least altercation. 

THis would mean that it's ok to shoot a petty thief bc it provides zero altercation.   

You're really making this too easy for me.

Too stupid to even warrent a response

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2009, 11:12:03 AM »
Without bashing each other personally, Chick, look up the following:

Force Continuum

Officer's are supposed to meet force given to them with an elevation of one level of force to combat the suspect with.

Here, she was verbally yelling and not following his orders.  The level above "verbal" command is hand tactics, like wrestling to the ground.  Above the wrestling (empty hand tactics) you then get into the tasers..then sprays.

muppet,

the level of force is what can be justified at the time based on perception and what is happening.

in the heat of the moment its not always easy to get the rule book out
T

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
Too stupid to even warrent a response

:)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
muppet,

the level of force is what can be justified at the time based on perception and what is happening.

in the heat of the moment its not always easy to get the rule book out

Idiot:

that's why you go to a police academy and learn the force continuum.  It's very basic.