Author Topic: What could be possible explanations for lifting discrepancies between bench  (Read 2126 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
press, deadlift, shoulder press and other 'heavy exercises'?

I have made decent improvements in everything since I started but my bench was always the worst and has always lagged behind. Could the reason be anatomical in nature? What could be the cause?

Cheers

Team Horrible Genetics approved
I hate the State.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
press, deadlift, shoulder press and other 'heavy exercises'?

I have made decent improvements in everything since I started but my bench was always the worst and has always lagged behind. Could the reason be anatomical in nature? What could be the cause?

Cheers

horrible genetics come to my mind   ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
keep training , sing while training
A

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

horrible genetics come to my mind   ;D

Of course, but the question is what sort of horrible genetic deficiency?

I hate the State.

io856

anatomical most likely

Red Hook

• Getbig V
maybe you need to spend more time actually benching and less time creating stupid threads  :-\
I

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Of course, but the question is what sort of horrible genetic deficiency?

I was also stuck with 90kg for quite some time. HST brought it up to 120kg.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
maybe you need to spend more time actually benching and less time creating stupid threads  :-\

::) Epically retarded comment. It is an honest question because my other lifts are reasonably good and I would like to know why there is such a huge difference between my bench and other excercises. It is certainly not for a lack of benching. ::)

I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I was also stuck with 90kg for quite some time. HST brought it up to 120kg.

Today I was struggling with 80kg for 10 reps. Could barely knock out the last one (embarassing) so someone had to help me lift the bar off my chest. :-\ ;D

I hate the State.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
::) Epically retarded comment. It is an honest question because my other lifts are reasonably good and I would like to know why there is such a huge difference between my bench and other excercises. It is certainly not for a lack of benching. ::)

horrible bench press and chest building the genetics..I am the exact opposite  :P
I

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
horrible bench press and chest building the genetics..I am the exact opposite  :P

That could well be the reason. I have read for example that where tendons attach, shoulder joints and such can have an enormous impact on the bench press, as a singular exercise.

Team Horribe Genetics approved
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
That could well be the reason. I have read for example that where tendons attach, shoulder joints and such can have an enormous impact on the bench press, as a singular exercise.

Team Horribe Genetics approved

I'm an ok bencher. Chest tomorrow, will see how i go.
No doubt about it...