Author Topic: Holocaust Shooter targeted Conservative Magazine (Weekly Standard)  (Read 2081 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Source: Politico

FBI agents visited the offices of the conservative Weekly Standard magazine yesterday after a shooting at the Holocaust Memorial Museum and told employees they'd found the magazine's address. A senior Standard staffer confirmed the visit but declined to discuss it in detail. An FBI spokeswoman, Katherine Schweit, also declined to comment on the investigation.

Two other sources said two FBI agents arrived shortly after 5:00 p.m. Thursday at the 17th Street offices of the magazine. They told staffers that they had found the address of the magazine on a piece of paper associated with the shooter, James von Brunn, and asked whether the Standard had received any threats. The magazine is about a mile north of the Holocaust Museum, and there's no other indication that von Brunn had targeted it. Von Brunn's published rants included attacks on "neocons," and the Standard has been at the heart of the neoconservative movement.

The suggestion that the Standard may have been a target complicates any view of the racist shooter in contemporary left-right terms. Von Brunn's white supremacist roots put him under the rubric of a "right-wing extremist," but the substance of his views -- which included everything from believing that President Bush may have been in on the September 11 attacks to denying that President Obama is an American citizen -- are too far on the fringe to fit into conventional political classification.

The focus on the Standard, though, appears to be of a piece with his central motivation: Anti-Semitism. In one essay, Von Brunn attacked "JEWS-NEOCONS-BILL O’REILLY," and the suggestion that neoconservatism is a specifically Jewish conspiracy is common on the racist fringe.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0609/Weekly_Stan...

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____________

I know, the details get in the weay of a good story by the MSM. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Holocaust Shooter targeted Conservative Magazine (Weekly Standard)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:57:29 AM »
The only ones on THIS site who deny Obama`s birth certificate and who are Truthers happen to be Right Wingers like Brunn.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »
The only ones on THIS site who deny Obama`s birth certificate and who are Truthers happen to be Right Wingers like Brunn.

Amazing, the FBI says he targeted a conservative maghazine and that is the best you can do????

By the way, who pushes the 9/11 CT the most????   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
Amazing, the FBI says he targeted a conservative maghazine and that is the best you can do????

By the way, who pushes the 9/11 CT the most????   
Alex Jones, Libertarian types.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:05:42 AM »
Alex Jones, Libertarian types.

Go over to DU and Daily Kos and you tell me that they dont push this garbage as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:06:32 AM »
Go over to DU and Daily Kos and you tell me that they dont push this garbage as well.
I am registered on both.  They don`t.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
I am registered on both.  They don`t.

Ha ha.  Come on TA, you are not dealing with some idiot poster, you know I know my stuff as you do, some of the time.  ;D

DU and Daily KOS pushed all sorts of 9/11 CT theories while Bush was in power and you know it.  Do you really want me embarass you on this???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »
Ha ha.  Come on TA, you are not dealing with some idiot poster, you know I know my stuff as you do, some of the time.  ;D

DU and Daily KOS pushed all sorts of 9/11 CT theories while Bush was in power and you know it.  Do you really want me embarass you on this???

There are people on this site who champion 9/11 CT theories and a whole host of nonsense such as the Obama Birth Certificate.  Does that make GETBIG a site that pushes these theories?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
There are people on this site who champion 9/11 CT theories and a whole host of nonsense such as the Obama Birth Certificate.  Does that make GETBIG a site that pushes these theories?

Not the point at all. 

The biggest CT 9/11 guy around here praises Obama like a messiah and we all know who that is.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »
Not the point at all. 

The biggest CT 9/11 guy around here praises Obama like a messiah and we all know who that is.   
He also happens to be a Republican who did not vote for Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »
He also happens to be a Republican who did not vote for Obama.

is 240 a crazy RW nut????

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 11:28:38 AM »

I just know he considers himself a Republican/Conservative who did not vote for Obama.  He voted for the Libertarian candidate, Bob Barr.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
I just know he considers himself a Republican/Conservative who did not vote for Obama.  He voted for the Libertarian candidate, Bob Barr.

Fine, which means that people are not always pigeon holed as easily as you want them to be. 

This guy cannot be said to have all right wing views and some of his garbage is identical to what is pushed by the left wing in this country as well.   

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »
Yeah, seems like this shooter doesn't fit in a nicely wrapped right wing package.  We have to stop labeling people so much.  This dude is an anti-government, anti-semite...and he is wacked out.  He can't be a traditional right winger but hate neo-cons.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »
He's a nut, pure and simple. The guy hated Tom Clancy..u don't get more pro republican, pro Israel then that.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:48 AM »
He's a nut, pure and simple. The guy hated Tom Clancy..u don't get more pro republican, pro Israel then that.
I love playing his games on xbox 360.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
Yeah, seems like this shooter doesn't fit in a nicely wrapped right wing package.  We have to stop labeling people so much.  This dude is an anti-government, anti-semite...and he is wacked out.  He can't be a traditional right winger but hate neo-cons.

Your post most likely won't even be responded to by those who can't think without some news outlet labeling these people for them.

Your post will most likely cause a lot of heads to explode and keyboards to be smashed, though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »

333366 is one of those Right Wingers who hates Neo-Cons.  The Right-Wing is pretty expansive for sure.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
333366 is one of those Right Wingers who hates Neo-Cons.  The Right-Wing is pretty expansive for sure.
::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »

I dont hate Jewish conservatives since that is that pejorative usually used. 

What I do find disgusting are marxist leftists destroying this country by saddling it with nonsensical programs and costs and funding it with a  printing press at the Federal Reserve backed up by nothing other than paper and ink and a promise to pay.     

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 12:20:08 PM »

Yes, he can. A traditional conservative and a neocon AREN'T the same thing. As a matter of fact, one could argue he hates neocons precisely because he believes he IS a traditional conservative. The whole anti-Semitic thing falls right in line with those ideals since foreign intervention in Israel is one of the most notable points of the neocon movement.

Regardless of whether or not you believe this guy is representative of the right, pretty much everything revealed about this guy- right down to his hatred of NEOCONS -exemplifies right-wing extremism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:26 PM »

you can suck me, dude.

YOU are the one screaming about all your guns, how you got this rife and that rifle, and you can fight like a badass.  YOU are the one starting 20 threads a day about how much you hate obama.

I'm a libertarian who enjoys my 2nd amendment rights but doesn't have a dck measuring contest about it all day like you do.

You come across as the insecure, hateful one.  I'm a guy who follows the law and understands there's gonna be crap outta DC, all you can do is vote for who you think the better candidate is, and plan your own life around the garbage they deliver to us.

And just like the two co-chairs of the 911 commission, sarah palin, and the father of reagan's star wars program, and the majority of polled americans, and the families of the victims, I support a second investigation of 911.

As much as anyone here hates my position on things, I'm not the angry hate-filled person you see in cats like Billy minmaugh.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
240 - IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DID NOT SLEEP TOO WELL LAST NIGHT. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
240 - you missed my point.  You are not a RW nut but people have been saying that because this guy believed in 9/11 CT that he must have been a RW nut.

I guess you did not get that. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »
you can suck me, dude.

YOU are the one screaming about all your guns, how you got this rife and that rifle, and you can fight like a badass.  YOU are the one starting 20 threads a day about how much you hate obama.

I'm a libertarian who enjoys my 2nd amendment rights but doesn't have a dck measuring contest about it all day like you do.

You come across as the insecure, hateful one.  I'm a guy who follows the law and understands there's gonna be crap outta DC, all you can do is vote for who you think the better candidate is, and plan your own life around the garbage they deliver to us.

Ain't THAT the truth!

And just like the two co-chairs of the 911 commission, sarah palin, and the father of reagan's star wars program, and the majority of polled americans, and the families of the victims, I support a second investigation of 911.

As much as anyone here hates my position on things, I'm not the angry hate-filled person you see in cats like Billy minmaugh.

{giggle} Isn't it amazing how quickly fatherhood can change a man?  :P
w