Author Topic: getbigers' liver contest: how many grams of protein is your max in one day?  (Read 1469 times)

Seijuro

• Getbig II

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: liver contest: how many grams of protein is your max in one day?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »
chicken liver is a very good source of protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, iron, phosphorus, copper and selenium and a good source of thiamin, zinc and manganese.

Chicken liver does not appeal to everyone. But if you do like it, You will surely love this dish.This curry goes well with rice and rotis

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: liver contest: how many grams of protein is your max in one day?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
chicken liver is a very good source of protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, iron, phosphorus, copper and selenium and a good source of thiamin, zinc and manganese.

Chicken liver does not appeal to everyone. But if you do like it, You will surely love this dish.This curry goes well with rice and rotis

Lookin good,

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
duck liver  :D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
i never counted protein.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
i never counted protein.
i never count anything

when adding size i eat as much protien and carbs as i can, then wait a few hours and do it again.

when dieting i eat a moderate sized piece of protien some veggies and a small portion of carbs, wait a few hours and do it again.

no need to count anything at all.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
i never count anything

when adding size i eat as much protien and carbs as i can, then wait a few hours and do it again.

when dieting i eat a moderate sized piece of protien some veggies and a small portion of carbs, wait a few hours and do it again.

What do you do for a living that allows you the time to eat every few hours?

io856

What do you do for a living that allows you the time to eat every few hours?
you have made excuses in the past for not eating right huh...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
I do not believe in protein.......
No doubt about it...

io856

I have been getting in  about 450grams of protein in a day over the past 6 or 7 months

500grams is prob the max I get it

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
1 gram per pound is easily more than enough. Despite what Jade the Gladiator says.

You don't realise it until you try it. Weider lies  ;)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
1 gram per pound is easily more than enough. Despite what Jade the Gladiator says.

You don't realise it until you try it. Weider lies  ;)

the periods i didnt ate protein rich meals havent had any visible effects on the muscle mass so i also think its overrated.

Seijuro

• Getbig II
1-2g per kg is enough I think, I just tried to eat as much as i could one day in order to compare it to carbs. I can take easily 800-1000g of carbs, but 450g of protein was really hard.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Liver is delicious. Very soft and tender.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
i never count anything

I find that if I don't count I don't eat enough.
I am a big baby

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

1 gram of protein per lb to maintain, 1.5-2 grams to build.  These days, I just want to be lean with a lil' 6 pack & a good glute/ham tie-in going on.  So far, it's working. ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
1 gram of protein per lb to maintain, 1.5-2 grams to build.  These days, I just want to be lean with a lil' 6 pack & a good glute/ham tie-in going on.  So far, it's working. ;)

Prooooooove it!!

:)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
We really need a getbig contest!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
I have been getting in  about 450grams of protein in a day over the past 6 or 7 months

500grams is prob the max I get it

daaamn i might have gone that high in one day but never on a consistent basis.

got any pics? you should make good progress if you eat like that and train hard.

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Never really go above 150 grams.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Was doing 200-250/day for a couple of months and I've just now worked up to 300g/day.  I was doing only 30-40/g per meal, but one of the old salts over at RXmuscle told me I can safely go to 50g/meal without having to be concerned about waste. 

The interesting/good thing is that, since increasing the protein, I am wanting to snack a lot less on the bullshit I was taking in most days (Payday, trail mix, etc).

I'll likely try to get to 350g/day in the next week or two.  I currently weigh 210 (up from 190 on May 1st).