Author Topic: The great training advice thread.  (Read 4608 times)

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
Re: The great training advice thread.
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »
Oh wikipedia! Is that only training "theory" on that site?

FYI. Sports performance training and maximum muscle building training are not the same thing.
No shit Sherlock. Where did you confuse two in my post?

Here is that quote again: Periodization is an organized approach to training that involves progressive cycling of various aspects of a training program during a specific period of time...
Just like a golfer would not use the same training concepts as a bodybuilder but I'm sure you can find a golfer "scientifically proven" theroy on there too.

So, you think that a natural bodybuilder can give their max effort in the gym 7 days a week, for 12 months in a year & make nothing but gains in size & strength.

On the other hand, I would say they need to cycle the poundages/volume & take 7-10 days off every 6-8 weeks. That's periodisation.

Read more carefully next time.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 08:51:25 PM »
No shit Sherlock. Where did you confuse two in my post?

Here is that quote again: Periodization is an organized approach to training that involves progressive cycling of various aspects of a training program during a specific period of time...

So, you think that a natural bodybuilder can give their max effort in the gym 7 days a week, for 12 months in a year & make nothing but gains in size & strength.

On the other hand, I would say they need to cycle the poundages/volume & take 7-10 days off every 6-8 weeks. That's periodisation.

Read more carefully next time.

So tell me. What exactly does cycling your poundage do to build muscle? Now, be sure that you don't tell me what it does NOT do (sore joints or injuries).

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »
The fact that you had to clarify to a training board mod what 'cycling weights' means shows the level of fundamental exercise ignorance here on getbig.

Seriously you do in fact have anger-management issues in addition to being a pompous jackass. Your naivete in suggesting that your problems couldn't possibly be obvious on a message board indicates a distinct lack of self-awareness. I mean you're just spewing the venom every which way thanx to your baggage lol

Cycling is not the correct term, it's periodization. Grow some balls and show up on the training board, otherwise STFU you beligerent POS.

Hope this helps. ;)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »
Seriously you do in fact have anger-management issues in addition to being a pompous jackass. Your naivete in suggesting that your problems couldn't possibly be obvious on a message board indicates a distinct lack of self-awareness. I mean you're just spewing the venom every which way thanx to your baggage lol

Cycling is not the correct term, it's periodization. Grow some balls and show up on the training board, otherwise STFU you beligerent POS.

Hope this helps. ;)
+1, cycling  ??? ::)
I am a big baby

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 09:56:48 PM »
+1, cycling  ??? ::)

They're not interchangable like our genius jackass is claiming in fact that's a nice way to confuse the issue you twit.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 09:58:26 PM »
pumpster is one of the few guys here i would take training advice from.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
pumpster is one of the few guys here i would take training advice from.
Yes, the picture he posted of himself ripped and massive is enough for anyone to seek out his advice.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »
where is arthur jones for the natural,,,you guys talk like your all on hormones  ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
Yes, the picture he posted of himself ripped and massive is enough for anyone to seek out his advice.
don't worry, your on the list too. :-* ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »
don't worry, your on the list too. :-* ;D
8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »
Just a few things that work for me. Be progressive-increase weights and/or reps as much as possible, whether its 40 lbs or just 1 rep. Both are progress. Stay intense. The harder I train, the better I gain. Use intensity variables- forced reps, negatives, statics, rest pause, omni contractions frequently, but not on every single working set and cycle these. Rest. 3 days a week is enough if I'm busting ass. (Getting definition is different, like now, I'm as active as I can do it- 10+ hours of cardio a week plus training+ posing, etc). Eat well- right now I'm rolling keto. I have to make sure my protein is up when doing this, or I start losing muscle. That's my experiences for the recent past.  I fully realize eveyone will respond differently to these protocols, just putting them out there.

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »
Seriously you do in fact have anger-management issues in addition to being a pompous jackass.
Err.. now just who has the anger management issues here?
They're not interchangable like our genius jackass is claiming in fact that's a nice way to confuse the issue you twit.

Grow some balls and show up on the training board, otherwise STFU you beligerent POS.

Hope this helps. ;)
Self-appointed, fundamentally ignorant, so-called expert meltdown.

And as for thinking I'd bother posting on a board where a irrational, power-tripping moderator can delete anything that shows him up for Weider-educated parrot he is ... ::)

Cycling is not the correct term, it's periodization.
Right, because that's the definition given in the in the glossary section of your 4 page photocopied Bowflex manual?  Or perhaps you thought that the word of Pumpster was good enough? Your arrogance is shining through here.

Here for the third time in this thread I'll quote: Periodization is an organized approach to training that involves progressive cycling of various aspects of a training program during a specific period of time...

Your naivete in suggesting that your problems couldn't possibly be obvious on a message board indicates a distinct lack of self-awareness. I mean you're just spewing the venom every which way thanx to your baggage lol
If the above is in response to this:
you're insane & a piss-poor pop psychologist. If not, you'll need explain yourself better.

Hint:You'll look more intelligent if you show your reasoning.

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2009, 12:46:32 AM »
I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts

Looks like the kind of guy who masterbates in public.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2009, 01:02:08 AM »
ouch, here the new vince godrum....
asstropin

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »
Looks like the kind of guy who masterbates in public.

and no one dares to say a fucking word.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 11:09:53 AM »
and no one dares to say a fucking word.
X2

Big dorky looking muthafucka.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »
Ursus is a cool bro who knows his shit about training.

Everyone who disagrees with him is a cock

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts