Author Topic: Celebrate cultural diversity!  (Read 2439 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Celebrate cultural diversity!
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

Some GREAT statistics in there. 8)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Celebrate cultural diversity!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:49:11 AM »

Some GREAT statistics in there. 8)

That wasn't a video celebrating cultural diversity. That was a video devoted to spreading hatred against muslims.

If the info with which I am familiar, is any indicator, I'm inclined towards skepticism concerning the rest of the stats.

The theory that Aqsa Parvez's death was the result of an honour killing was a fabrication, based on nothing more than the speculative rumours, gossip, & innuendo of 16 yr. old schoolgirls, the denigration of muslim culture that was far too fashionable at the time, a slow news day, and the lack of factual information surrounding the case at the time.

The truth is Aqsa's death was NOT an honour killing, but was the result of domestic violence. Like many teens, Aqsa had disagreements with her parents. She had moved out of her family home to live with friends a few blocks away. Yes, her father I'm informed prefered she wear the hijab, but it was NOT a requirement for her, or any of the other female members of her family. Just because her father preferred her to wear a hijab doesn't mean that was why she died. Most any men on this board or elsewhere, ...especially those with daughters know they have their own personal preference when it comes to the attire of their daughters.

Yes, her brother was charged with obstruction of police. There are many here who advocate not speaking with the police in even such trivial conversations that take place when pulled over for routine traffic stops. How much more adamant would you be about maintaining silence, ...especially prior to getting legal counsel, and vigilant would you be about engaging in idle chatter with those seeking to put you or your family member away for a very long time. How many here would choose to keep their mouths shut until their family member had legal counsel, so as not to inadvertently or accidently or be manipulated into providing your family member's adversary with the ammunition they need to destroy your family further?  Why do we expect a certain standard for ourselves, ...but deny those to others?

And for the record, ...within hours of her death, no less than 20 Muslim Groups came out condemning her death, and Urged 'Zero Tolerance' for Domestic Violence. through the following press release:

(Ottawa, Canada - December 11, 2007) - The Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-CAN), the Islamic Social Services Association (ISSA) and the Islamic Society of Toronto, along with 17 other national and regional organizations (see endorsers below), today urged "zero tolerance" for violence against women and domestic abuse. The Muslim groups are calling on Canadians of all faiths to address the realities of domestic violence.

The groups extend their heartfelt condolences to the family for their loss. They also asking for the strongest possible prosecution in the strangulation death of 16-year-old Aqsa Parvez, a Mississauga teen allegedly attacked by her father.

"There should be zero tolerance for violence of any kind against women or girls," said ISSA President Shahina Siddiqui. "The strangulation death of Ms. Parvez was the result of domestic violence, a problem that cuts across Canadian society and is blind to colour or creed."

"Muslims and Canadians of all faiths need to reflect on the realities of domestic abuse and take concrete steps to eliminate violence against women," said CAIR-CAN Board Member Selma Djukic. "Our heartfelt condolences go out to the Parvez family for their tragic loss."

"We call for the strongest possible prosecution of Ms. Parvez's alleged attacker," said CAIR-CAN Legal Counsel Faisal Kutty.

CONTACT: ISSA President Shahina Siddiqui, (204) 781-7993; CAIR-CAN Spokeswoman Selma Djukic, (416) 726-4992; CAIR-CAN Communications Coordinator Sameer Zuberi, (613) 254-9704 or (613) 795-2012.

Endorsed by:

Canadian Council of Muslim Theologians (CCMT)
Canadian Council of Imams
Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-CAN)
Canadian Muslim Civil Liberties Association (CMCLA)
Canadian Muslim Forum (CMF)
Canadian Islamic Centre - Al Rahsid Mosque, Edmonton
Canadian Islamic Congress (CIC)
DawaNet Canada
Islamic Circle of North America Canada (ICNA Canada)
Islamic Information Foundation
Islamic Social Services Association (ISSA)
Islamic Society of Kingston
Islamic Society of Toronto
Muslim Association of Canada (MAC)
Muslim Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
Muslim Community Council of Ottawa-Gatineau (MCCOG)
Muslim Council of Calgary (MCC)
North American Spiritual Revival
Ottawa Muslim Association (OMA)
South-Western Ontario Muslim Students' Association (SWOMSA)
United Muslims
Young Muslims Canada

ISNA - The Islamic Society of North America (Canadian chapter) also condemned her murder   http://www.isna.ca/pressrelease/Condolence.html
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:09:13 AM »
Jag, you come from a country that doesnt even have freedom of speech or the press. Who cares what you think?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:57:40 AM »
Jag, you come from a country that doesnt even have freedom of speech or the press. Who cares what you think?

Those who're obviously compelled to comment on my remarks. The ones who hope that by repeating "I don't care what you think" often enough, ...they may eventually reach a point when that might actually be the case.  :P
w

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:06 AM »

I do.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 06:25:09 AM »
That wasn't a video celebrating cultural diversity. That was a video devoted to spreading hatred against muslims.

Judi...BitchFury is one stone throw away from walking into a mosque with a gun...

Do you think he is on a FBI watchlist?
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 07:05:28 AM »
Judi...BitchFury is one stone throw away from walking into a mosque with a gun...

Do you think he is on a FBI watchlist?

I wouldn't stoop so low as to inflicting violence on others. That's something Muslims do. Well documented. Like you advocating the beheading of Getbiggers, katwa.  ;)

I don't think I've ever called for violence against Muslims. All I do is post news and statistics from the Muslim world. The fact that you and the other Muslim worshippers flip your shit every time I do proves that your assault on free speech is alive and well.  ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »
I wouldn't stoop so low as to inflicting violence on others.

o dont worry...you wont...i'm gonna see to it...i figure if i mention it enough times and throw it key words...you're gonna be eventually "watched" :)

i feel it my civic duty to protect Americans from nutjobs
carpe` vaginum!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 10:13:35 AM »
Well, your equally braindead sargent at arms/ kung fu military technology expert would naturally care what you have to say. You both possess a stunning knowledge of history and an equally impressive and logically coherent worldview. With him, you doubled the amount of people that care about your posts lol. Congrats
  :-X

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »
Well, your equally braindead sargent at arms/ kung fu military technology expert would naturally care what you have to say. You both possess a stunning knowledge of history and an equally impressive and logically coherent worldview. With him, you doubled the amount of people that care about your posts lol. Congrats
  :-X

Oh, man. You did it now. Expect him to follow you around for three years telling you how much better he is. Because, after all, a 33 year old man who still lives at home with his parents and has spent the last decade in and out of rehab for drug and alcohol problems IS better than you. His opinion really matters. Truly, it does!  :D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »
Oh, man. You did it now. Expect him to follow you around for three years telling you how much better he is. Because, after all, a 33 year old man who still lives at home with his parents and has spent the last decade in and out of rehab for drug and alcohol problems IS better than you. His opinion really matters. Truly, it does!  :D

bitter much!
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »

...can't believe I missed this part earlier  :-\

Actually George, I come from a country that truly does celebrate cultural diversity.
One that recognizes that with diversity comes unity, strength, and understanding.
This diversity we treasure isn't limited just to our people alone, we cherish & celebrate it in our environment as well.

A Year In Canada

An accidental tourist from the Phillipines ends up forced to remain in Canada for a year. HE LOVED IT!

My Canada, Our Canada, Your Canada:

New Canadians from around the world discuss their life in Canada, ...their chosen country
Switzerland, Rhodesia, Egypt & Bangladesh are represented

Diverse Canadians

Shot over 18 years ago, this video features over 200 of Canada's most talented and diverse singers raising voices and consciousness' in a multi-lingual rendition of our national anthem. With appearances from the cast of Les Miserables, KD Lang, Fresh Wes, Rita McNeil, Gino Vanellli etc. This was just footage of the recording session. I wish I had the full edited version of the video they used for the CBC signoff complete with Canadian scenic footage, and the school children painting the map of Canada. That video mix juxtaposes different musical genres from NewFoundland fiddlers, Celtic sounds, Urban beat, country music, hip hop rap, Native Indian, and eskimo drum beats side by side, in such seamless complementary transitions. Similar to the PlayingForChange videos. It would bring tears to your eyes.

O Canada - instrumental

Since I didn't have the video mix from the above recording session, heres a video clip showcasing our diverse landscape and wildlife instead.

O Canada - Arabic Instrumental version

An Arabic Canadian pays tribute to Canada

O Canada - Arabic tribute of our national anthem

Ever heard O Canada sung in Arabic? Well here's your chance.

I'm Italian (in Italian)

This clip was shot at the annual CHIN International Picnic on Italia Day (where everyone is Italian for the day :P)
The CHIN Intl picnic is an annual multi-cultural festival organized by CHIN Radio /TV, founded by Italian immigrant, Canadian WWII veteran, Order of Canada receiving, trumpet playing, broadcasting legend Johnny Lombardi. CHIN radio has been celebrating cultural diversity in Canada for over 40 yrs.

International Day Celebrations at Columbia College

New Graduates of Columbia College share a piece of their culture with their fellow graduates

Celebrating Our Diversity at Caribana - and quoting a former Canadian Prime Minister Wilfred Laurier

Canadian Multiculture Festival

Multi-Culturalism, Identity, and Our Nation

US Melting Pot  vs. Canadian Mosaic

Canada vs. US showdown (guess who blinked)  :P

Diversity is The Key to Unity

The Power of One

"The hallmark of freedom is a recognition of the sacred personality of man, and its acceptance decries discrimination on the basis of race, or creed or colour. Canadians have a message to give to the world. We are composed of many racial groups, each of which must realize that only by forbearance and mutual respect, only by denial of antagonism or prejudice based on race, or creed, or even surname, can breaches in unity be avoided in our country. National unity in Canada is not only an ideal  --  it is a necessity  --  based on ordinary common sense." -- Canadian Prime Minister John Diefenbaker

“Misunderstanding arising from ignorance breeds fear, and fear remains the greatest enemy of peace.”
--Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they have all learned to live in the same box."--author unknown

"Canada will be a strong country when Canadians of all provinces feel at home in all parts of the country, and when they feel that all Canada belongs to them." --Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau

"No other country is in a better position than Canada to go ahead with the evolution of a national purpose devoted to all that is good and noble and excellent in the human spirit." --Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson

"In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect." --U.S. President Bill Clinton

w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
...can't believe I missed this part earlier  :-\

Actually George, I come from a country that truly does celebrate cultural diversity.
One that recognizes that with diversity comes unity, strength, and understanding.
This diversity we treasure isn't limited just to our people alone, we cherish & celebrate it in our environment as well.

A Year In Canada

An accidental tourist from the Phillipines ends up forced to remain in Canada for a year. HE LOVED IT!

My Canada, Our Canada, Your Canada:

New Canadians from around the world discuss their life in Canada, ...their chosen country
Switzerland, Rhodesia, Egypt & Bangladesh are represented

Diverse Canadians

Shot over 18 years ago, this video features over 200 of Canada's most talented and diverse singers raising voices and consciousness' in a multi-lingual rendition of our national anthem. With appearances from the cast of Les Miserables, KD Lang, Fresh Wes, Rita McNeil, Gino Vanellli etc. This was just footage of the recording session. I wish I had the full edited version of the video they used for the CBC signoff complete with Canadian scenic footage, and the school children painting the map of Canada. That video mix juxtaposes different musical genres from NewFoundland fiddlers, Celtic sounds, Urban beat, country music, hip hop rap, Native Indian, and eskimo drum beats side by side, in such seamless complementary transitions. Similar to the PlayingForChange videos. It would bring tears to your eyes.

O Canada - instrumental

Since I didn't have the video mix from the above recording session, heres a video clip showcasing our diverse landscape and wildlife instead.

O Canada - Arabic Instrumental version

An Arabic Canadian pays tribute to Canada

O Canada - Arabic tribute of our national anthem

Ever heard O Canada sung in Arabic? Well here's your chance.

I'm Italian (in Italian)

This clip was shot at the annual CHIN International Picnic on Italia Day (where everyone is Italian for the day :P)
The CHIN Intl picnic is an annual multi-cultural festival organized by CHIN Radio /TV, founded by Italian immigrant, Canadian WWII veteran, Order of Canada receiving, trumpet playing, broadcasting legend Johnny Lombardi. CHIN radio has been celebrating cultural diversity in Canada for over 40 yrs.

International Day Celebrations at Columbia College

New Graduates of Columbia College share a piece of their culture with their fellow graduates

Celebrating Our Diversity at Caribana - and quoting a former Canadian Prime Minister Wilfred Laurier

Canadian Multiculture Festival

Multi-Culturalism, Identity, and Our Nation

US Melting Pot  vs. Canadian Mosaic

Canada vs. US showdown (guess who blinked)  :P

Diversity is The Key to Unity

The Power of One

"The hallmark of freedom is a recognition of the sacred personality of man, and its acceptance decries discrimination on the basis of race, or creed or colour. Canadians have a message to give to the world. We are composed of many racial groups, each of which must realize that only by forbearance and mutual respect, only by denial of antagonism or prejudice based on race, or creed, or even surname, can breaches in unity be avoided in our country. National unity in Canada is not only an ideal  --  it is a necessity  --  based on ordinary common sense." -- Canadian Prime Minister John Diefenbaker

“Misunderstanding arising from ignorance breeds fear, and fear remains the greatest enemy of peace.”
--Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson

"We could learn a lot from a box of crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors... but they have all learned to live in the same box."--author unknown

"Canada will be a strong country when Canadians of all provinces feel at home in all parts of the country, and when they feel that all Canada belongs to them." --Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau

"No other country is in a better position than Canada to go ahead with the evolution of a national purpose devoted to all that is good and noble and excellent in the human spirit." --Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson

"In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect." --U.S. President Bill Clinton

No Europeans in those videos... :-\
I hate the State.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
You hail from a country that censors its own press from teling the truth ( not opinion mind you, but actual facts) because it doesn't want to offend the violent and sadistic muslim minority. The self congradulatory orgy of multiculturalism you just spammed the hell out of this thread with makes your concious disregard for the truth ( or mental illness) painfully obvious.

On a lighter note, truth isn't a defense to defamation in Canada.= No freedom of speech, no freedom of the press.

I would be embarassed if I were you. Celebrating diversity while ignoring truth and freedom is lame. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »

No Europeans in those videos... :-\

Huh? Really? Since when did Italy cease being a European country? I know Berlusconi has been screwing up quite a bit lately, ...but I can't see him messing up so badly that Italy would be dropped from the EU.   :-\

The "My Canada, Our Canada, Your Canada" video had a guy born in Switzerland, the one who originally came here for his PhD . Does he not count as European despite being born & raised in Switzerland? If not, ...why not? Is it because his ethnicity is middle eastern?

Hey wait a minute... I just double checked... Italy is still part of the EU... whew   :P
So what about the Chin International picnic footage? That doesn't qualify? heck...the video is even in Italian.
The song expresses the pride of being Italian. Not only is it sung in italian, ...it won 2nd prize.

Then too there were the Ukrainians shown briefly in the International Day clip

Then there were the various European dancers in the Multiculture Festival clip
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »
You hail from a country that censors its own press from teling the truth ( not opinion mind you, but actual facts) because it doesn't want to offend the violent and sadistic muslim minority. The self congradulatory orgy of multiculturalism you just spammed the hell out of this thread with makes your concious disregard for the truth ( or mental illness) painfully obvious.

On a lighter note, truth isn't a defense to defamation in Canada.= No freedom of speech, no freedom of the press.

I would be embarassed if I were you. Celebrating diversity while ignoring truth and freedom is lame. 

That's an interesting opinion. I'll have to carefully consider it.

....ok, I considered it. It failed.

The fact is, there is a HUGE difference between an order issued by the government, and a request made by police.
Our country is governed by Parliamentarians, ...not by cops. When one lives in a police state, I can understand where one might see a reasonable and prudent request, made by police officers as edicts from on high, ...afterall, what reporter wants to get tased  :P ...but such is not the case here. When one lives in a country that has to suffer through FauxNews, designed for no other purpose than to insert hatred & divisiveness within society, whipping the citizenry into a hateful, angry mob, ...I can see where some might mistake the concept of journalists acting responsibly, at the request of police officers, as a lack of freedom of speech, ...but the facts remain that's what our journalists do, or at least endeavor to do. With freedom comes great responsibility, because freedom is the right to be wrong, ...not the right to do wrong. Given what we've seen in other countries for the past 8 years, ...i can understand why some might find that a novel concept, ...but such is the case.

There were no facts available concerning this case, because the witnesses were not speaking with police.
Do you know what reporters do when there is no evidence? They often times make it up, ...or they will report non-issues, as if they are ground shaking revelations. Or at least, that has been my observation when watching American news programming like FauxNews. The only evidence available to police was the 911 call made by the accused, the call that allowed paramedics to arrive at the Parvez family home in time to rush Aqsa to Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga, then later to transport her to Sick Kids Hospital for more specialized care. That 911 call was the only hard piece of evidence the police had. What purpose would filling the airwaves with fabrications, rumours, innuendo, gossip etc serve? Would it serve the interests of justice? ...or would it simply promote anti-muslim sentiment? Of course the haters just love their xenophobia, but they don't see how a steady diet of FauxNews taints a jury pool, and makes it impossible to either find an impartial juror or give people a fair trial. What happens when a jury is found to be biased against a defendant? What do judges do in such a situation? You are not me, so please don't be embarassed over a scenario that doesn't exist. if you want to be embarassed, ...just look to some of the things you've said and/or promoted. Look to some of the ideas you have sought to spread. I'm confident you'll find plenty to be embarrassed about. 

PS: How were those videos spam? ...they actually stayed on topic.  ;D

w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
I considered not responding to the garbage you posted above, but I will just make two crystal clear points and put an end to this debate between you ( the lunatic in the rubber room wearing the straight jacket) and me (relying on truth and logic).

1)Your mindless, irrelevant and predictable tirade about Fox News is so lame I almost feel bad for you. They dont broadcast Fox News in Canada? Gee Whiz, I suppose the rest of the planet ( including the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America) must really be suffering from an overwhelming crisis of conscience because they can choose to flip on Fox News if they so feel inclined. What Fox News has to do with Canada not having freedom of speech or the press is beyond anyones comprehension, but I chose to engage you for the hell of it.

2) I am at a loss for words in trying to comprehend the drivel you wrote in the second paragraph. Vague references to Fox News, a sick kids hospital and tainting a jury pool? Are you on drugs? What the hell are you talking about? Not only does the second paragraph border on the bizare, but it fails to address anything that was discussed in this thread ( at least by me).

Lets just let bygones be bygones and just agree that your country doesn't have freedom of speech or freedom of the press.