Author Topic: Other overlooked factors that go into success in bbing...  (Read 7215 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Other overlooked factors that go into success in bbing...
« on: June 13, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
I think are some things that aren't necessarily a given that people overlook:

1. a stable environment (not moving around all the time)
2. minimal stress (work doesn't drive you crazy, etc.)
3. a decent social life (friends and people who will get your back)

These things contribute to a better psychology which can have an effect on weight room productivity.

Team Horrible Genetics approved
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Other overlooked factors that go into success in bbing...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »

These things contribute to a better psychology which can have an effect on weight room productivity.

Dead wrong on all three!!!

More often than not, the people who succeed in bodybuilding are those who overcome those factors, at least 1 and 2, that end up bodybuilding champions.

People in the military move around on a REGULAR BASIS. Yet, bodybuilding is filled with current/former military servicemen (i.e. retired Chief Petty Officer and 2006 North American Champion, Leo Ingram).

And, lest you forget, Ronnie Coleman won three of his Olympias (and several pro shows, prior to that), working as a FULL-TIME COP!

Another prime example is one I had on tape years ago, from MuscleSport USA. It was covering a 1996 show in the Northeastern region of the country. The overall women's winner was Vilma Caez (sp?). As the late Steve Stone was interviewing her, he asked if she had plenty of time to prepart for this show.

She laughingly said that she did not. She's a single mom of three, working one full-time job and two part-time jobs (hardly an example of minimal stress). Yet, she found a way to train for, diet, and WIN that particular show.

It appears to be that the only horrible genetics you have are between your ears, as you keep making up excuse after excuse after excuse as to why you can't achieve some of your personal physique goals.

When you're done, blubbering about what you don't have and why you can't do this or that, and actually put some hustle and effort behind your diet and training regime, business will pick up.

Until then, you and "Team-Excuse-Making-Whine-Like-Babies" will continue to wallow in self-pity and lackluster results.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
Dead wrong on all three!!!

More often than not, the people who succeed in bodybuilding are those who overcome those factors, at least 1 and 2, that end up bodybuilding champions.

People in the military move around on a REGULAR BASIS. Yet, bodybuilding is filled with current/former military servicemen (i.e. retired Chief Petty Officer and 2006 North American Champion, Leo Ingram).

And, lest you forget, Ronnie Coleman won three of his Olympias (and several pro shows, prior to that), working as a FULL-TIME COP!

Another prime example is one I had on tape years ago, from MuscleSport USA. It was covering a 1996 show in the Northeastern region of the country. The overall women's winner was Vilma Caez (sp?). As the late Steve Stone was interviewing her, he asked if she had plenty of time to prepart for this show.

She laughingly said that she did not. She's a single mom of three, working one full-time job and two part-time jobs (hardly an example of minimal stress). Yet, she found a way to train for, diet, and WIN that particular show.

It appears to be that the only horrible genetics you have are between your ears, as you keep making up excuse after excuse after excuse as to why you can't achieve some of your personal physique goals.

When you're done, blubbering about what you don't have and why you can't do this or that, and actually put some hustle and effort behind your diet and training regime, business will pick up.

Until then, you and "Team-Excuse-Making-Whine-Like-Babies" will continue to wallow in self-pity and lackluster results.

Wow...you took some time out to answer this. ::)

Genetics are everything and only a fool would claim they are not ultimately responsible for success in bbing. This is just a fact.

And for all your hot air you have portrayed yourself as a huge beast...yet no one has ever seen a pic. Aren't you 5'9" 240lbs with abs or something? ::)

THG approved
I hate the State.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »
You should fight
U

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
You should fight

I would be no match for MCWAY, the natural 240lbs with abs beast!

THG approved
I hate the State.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

THG approved
True
U

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »

You mix smth. up. NO social life is an important factor for success in BB. :D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »

Vielleicht. ;D
I hate the State.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
Genetics

Having a reliable source of high-quality hormones

Cash for said hormones

Discipline to eat all your meals, train hard, and not be lazy

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »
Genetics

Having a reliable source of high-quality hormones

Cash for said hormones

Discipline to eat all your meals, train hard, and not be lazy

I would agree with that with genetics being most important but MCWAY and others like him think that all you need is hard work and a good diet and you can be a huge beast.... ::)

THG approved
I hate the State.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 03:05:16 PM »
I would agree with that with genetics being most important but MCWAY and others like him think that all you need is hard work and a good diet and you can be a huge beast.... ::)

THG approved
And a gang of hormones
U

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »
And a gang of hormones

Could be important too if you want to compete.

Question: would Mesomorph78 look like he does if he didn't have the genetics for it? No.

THG approved
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
Wow...you took some time out to answer this. ::)

Genetics are everything and only a fool would claim they are not ultimately responsible for success in bbing. This is just a fact.

You mean fools like....ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER??  ::). If you've read any of his books or articles, he's says much the same thing that I've said. Arnold saw more than his share of genetic wonders do absolutely JACK SQUAT in bodybuilding, because they made the EXACT SAME whining self-pitying woe-is-me excuses that YOU continue to make.

On the other hand, he has also seen people with a fraction of that "genetic talent" win big contests, including the Mr. Olympia itself. In fact, Arnold fell victim to one such guy.....FRANK ZANE, who defeated Arnold at the 1968 Mr. Universe.

Rory Leidmeyer had great genetics....he DIDN'T EVEN TURN PRO. In fact, bodybuilders with far less have turned pro and etched out great careers in pro bodybuilding.

So, once again, your statements are absolutely weak, to say the least.

And for all your hot air you have portrayed yourself as a huge beast...yet no one has ever seen a pic. Aren't you 5'9" 240lbs with abs or something? ::)

THG approved

My pics (or lack thereof) make absolutely no difference in the matter. Furthermore, I have never portrayed or advertised myself as a "huge beast". I mentioned what my weight and height were at a particular time. Ironically enough, that happened on yet ANOTHER SELF-PITYING thread of yours, namely the one where you were wailing about your life (as far as bodybuilding goals were concerned) being all over after you hit 30.

That is when I mentioned (as I'd done years prior) that the biggest and strongest I have been happen to be at age 32, back in 2005. That's when I was over 250 lbs (though hardly "ripped" at that weight) and that's when, for the first time in my life, my bench press exceeded the 400-lb mark (405, to be exact, on Sept. 1, 2005; this was after hitting 400 even on Aug. 29, just a few days earlier).

That's the truth. Whether you believe that or not is your own affair; it makes no difference to me.

THG approved

Once again, I never claimed I was a "beast". As for my being "natural", rather than use the floating term for that, I simply spelled out that I have never used anabolic steroids, HGH, clenbuterol, or anything along those lines. Anything, outside of regular food, that I have take can (or could, at one point in time) be purchased at your average card-carrying sports nutrition store....IN THE UNITED STATES, I should add.

Regardless, that doesn't let you off the hook one bit. Your lack of results is YOUR FAULT and YOUR FAULT alone, not that of your parents or your current circumstances (unless, you've been the victim of some tragic debilitating accident). People in far worse shape than you have managed to get results.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »

Tell that to 8-time Mr. O, Lee Haney. Last time I checked, he was married, a father of two, a minister, gym owner, ran a ranch for underprivileged kids, etc.

Sounds like a social life to me.

Then, there's that Arnold guy. He seems to have done alright, socially himself.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »
You mean fools like....ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER??  ::). If you've read any of his books or articles, he's says much the same thing that I've said. Arnold saw more than his share of genetic wonders do absolutely JACK SQUAT in bodybuilding, because they made the EXACT SAME whining self-pitying woe-is-me excuses that YOU continue to make.

On the other hand, he has also seen people with a fraction of that "genetic talent" win big contests, including the Mr. Olympia itself. In fact, Arnold fell victim to one such guy.....FRANK ZANE, who defeated Arnold at the 1968 Mr. Universe.

Rory Leidmeyer had great genetics....he DIDN'T EVEN TURN PRO. In fact, bodybuilders with far less have turned pro and etched out great careers in pro bodybuilding.

So, once again, your statements are absolutely weak, to say the least.

My pics (or lack thereof) make absolutely no difference in the matter. Furthermore, I have never portrayed or advertised myself as a "huge beast". I mentioned what my weight and height were at a particular time. Ironically enough, that happened on yet ANOTHER SELF-PITYING thread of yours, namely the one where you were wailing about your life (as far as bodybuilding goals were concerned) being all over after you hit 30.

That is when I mentioned (as I'd done years prior) that the biggest and strongest I have been happen to be at age 32, back in 2005. That's when I was over 250 lbs (though hardly "ripped" at that weight) and that's when, for the first time in my life, my bench press exceeded the 400-lb mark (405, to be exact, on Sept. 1, 2005; this was after hitting 400 even on Aug. 29, just a few days earlier).

That's the truth. Whether you believe that or not is your own affair; it makes no difference to me.

Once again, I never claimed I was a "beast". As for my being "natural", rather than use the floating term for that, I simply spelled out that I have never used anabolic steroids, HGH, clenbuterol, or anything along those lines. Anything, outside of regular food, that I have take can (or could, at one point in time) be purchased at your average card-carrying sports nutrition store....IN THE UNITED STATES, I should add.

Regardless, that doesn't let you off the hook one bit. Your lack of results is YOUR FAULT and YOUR FAULT alone, not that of your parents or your current circumstances (unless, you've been the victim of some tragic debilitating accident). People in far worse shape than you have managed to get results.

Who said I have had no results? I look much better than when I started. I simply don't have the results I would like to have...

I want arms like this but no amount of training (at least naturally) will get me them.

THG approved
I hate the State.

io856

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
Who said I have had no results? I look much better than when I started. I simply don't have the results I would like to have...

I want arms like this but no amount of training (at naturally) will get me them.
all arms

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »

THG approved

Once again, your inability to read simple sentences rears its ugly head. You may not be able to become a "huge beast", despite hard work and a good diet.

But, (and read this several times, because apparently it has yet to sink into your skull, Deicide)... YOU WILL NOT BECOME SUCH, IF YOU DON'T....NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR "GENETICS" ARE!!!

You continue to make excuses out the behind as to why you can't accomplish your goals: your age, your parents, your circumstance, your social status, your location...on and on and on.

You are your own worst enemy, and until you come to grips with that, you will continue your backstroking the pool of self-pity. If anyone else wishes to join you, that's on them.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:33 PM »
own it
U

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »

I want arms like this but no amount of training (at least naturally) will get me them.

THG approved

Then quit blubbering about it. Either do the best with what you got or take up badminton.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
all arms

better than all NOTHING

PS  Genetics are EVERYTHING,  I repeat.....EVERYTHING  in bbing.  time to face facts....tiny tits. no amount of dedication will UNTIT you

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »

better than all NOTHING

Meso is more accurately all upperbody...

THG approved
I hate the State.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »
Tell that to 8-time Mr. O, Lee Haney. Last time I checked, he was married, a father of two, a minister, gym owner, ran a ranch for underprivileged kids, etc.

Sounds like a social life to me.

Then, there's that Arnold guy. He seems to have done alright, socially himself.

Gosh, once again it's Arnold LOL ::)

Arnold is literally one in a billion, THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE! Arnold was not successfull because he was a BB, Arnold was successfull ALTOUGH he was a BB. ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 03:20:23 PM »

Arnold is literally one in a billion, THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE! Arnold was not successfull because he was a BB, Arnold was successfull ALTOUGH he was a BB. ::)

ZODW

THG approved
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 03:35:14 PM »

Apparently, Deicide isn't the only one who needs to invest in "Hooked on Phonics". I do recall mentioning someone by the name of LEE HANEY, prior to listing Arnold.

With that said, I was referring STRICTLY to Arnold's bodybuilding accomplishments, NOT what he's done post-bodybuilding.

And, the issue in question was the claim about having a lack of a social life being necessary to being a bodybuilder, which is utter rubbish.

Two more examples I can easily give: One is NPC competitor Lee Banks. You may have read about him in the magazines, as he's also known as "Super Duck". That would be the character he performs as owner of "Super Duck" child care centers in Jacksonville, FL. He also ex-military. He's- married and a father. Does that sound like a lack of social life to you?

The other is a guy I know personally (a good friend of mine, from church, when I was living in Jacksonville). His name is Paul. He competes (or competed; I don't think he's done a show in about three years) in NGA. He's a deacon in his church, married, a father of four, and is a coach of the church's soccer league.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »

Very good points and all true.  Hard training takes lots out of you along with day to day responsibilties so you also have to rest enough.  Not a lot of running around all the time, your life must be fairly routine.