Author Topic: Obama Won't Rule Out Releasing Detainees in U.S.  (Read 630 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama Won't Rule Out Releasing Detainees in U.S.
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
I'm running out of adjectives.   :-\

Obama Won't Rule Out Releasing Detainees in U.S.

Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55 PM

WASHINGTON -- A White House spokesman says the Obama administration hasn't decided whether or not to release Guantanamo Bay detainees in the United States.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said the Obama administration is not going to make any detainee decisions that threaten U.S. security.

Asked if that meant he was ruling out releasing any detainees in the United States, Gibbs said he is not ruling it in or out.

Gibbs told reporters progress has been made this week in the administration's goal of closing the detention center in Cuba by early next year. Seven detainees have been shipped out of Guantanamo so far this week.

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/guantanamo_obama/2009/06/12/224607.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Won't Rule Out Releasing Detainees in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »
I'm running out of adjectives.   :-\

"Yawn" always works for you.

::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »
"Yawn" always works for you.

::)

LOL i remember when i first posted about this you said it would never happen...what say you now?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 10:34:01 AM »
They're all going to end up in supermax prison with life sentences.  This way, the next Repub president can't release them to Euro countries, where they return to fight us again.

Remember, Bush did that exact thing.  1/6 of those prisoners that Bush released returned to fight our troops. 

obama decided he wants to protect our troops, and is working to get these guys life sentences.  I'm sorry if the wheels of justice are something you dislike.  maybe we shoud do what your guy Bush did, and just let them go.

You're soft on terror, i get it.  But Obama is not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:34:53 AM »
LOL i remember when i first posted about this you said it would never happen...what say you now?

has it happened yet?

Did either you or Bum notice these two sentences:

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said the Obama administration is not going to make any detainee decisions that threaten U.S. security.

Asked if that meant he was ruling out releasing any detainees in the United States, Gibbs said he is not ruling it in or out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
has it happened yet?

LOL 240 dismissed it as not even a possibility b/c when i reported it, it was geitner who was the first to actually put it out there. Seems like it is being thought of as not just a possibility but as a probability...where else are they gonna go? they cant go back to their country, no other countries are going to take them or even others if we ourselves dont take some, gitmo is going to be closed down, where else can they go?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »
Probably sticking their finger in the wind again by "floating" this story. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
LOL 240 dismissed it as not even a possibility b/c when i reported it, it was geitner who was the first to actually put it out there. Seems like it is being thought of as not just a possibility but as a probability...where else are they gonna go? they cant go back to their country, no other countries are going to take them or even others if we ourselves dont take some, gitmo is going to be closed down, where else can they go?

where to begin?

Some countries will take these guys, particularly if we try them and no guilty verdict is found.

"Seems like it's being thought of as..." is only your own bleak assessment.  They have the option of trying them, then either locking them up, or returning them to another country, to Gitmo, or to the US super-base in iraq where most of these guys will end up anyway.

There are lots of US and ally bases where these cats could end up.  You really didn't think gitmo was the only please we held prisoners, didja?

Look, this is politically fun to raise caine about "i dont want them terrurists in my state!" but the reality is taht we have prisons all over the world to move them if needed.  We should try them, and we'll only try those with solid cases against them, and they will go to prison. We have 250 world terrorists at that supermax prison in colorado, and they all have life sentences without parole.  They cannot escape.  They cannot be released by President palin in 2013.  get it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »
where to begin?

Some countries will take these guys, particularly if we try them and no guilty verdict is found.

"Seems like it's being thought of as..." is only your own bleak assessment.  They have the option of trying them, then either locking them up, or returning them to another country, to Gitmo, or to the US super-base in iraq where most of these guys will end up anyway.

There are lots of US and ally bases where these cats could end up.  You really didn't think gitmo was the only please we held prisoners, didja?

Look, this is politically fun to raise caine about "i dont want them terrurists in my state!" but the reality is taht we have prisons all over the world to move them if needed.  We should try them, and we'll only try those with solid cases against them, and they will go to prison. We have 250 world terrorists at that supermax prison in colorado, and they all have life sentences without parole.  They cannot escape.  They cannot be released by President palin in 2013.  get it?
LOL you really think they are going to end up in another military prison so you and your ilk can cry foul like you did with gitmo? dont be niave 240 obama will need to show that he is willing to take gitmo prisoners before other nations will just like they said when geitner first mentioned this.

again you dismissed this idea in its entirety when i first reported it, you think its totally out of the realm of possibility for obama to release some of these guys into the US?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
LOL you really think they are going to end up in another military prison so you and your ilk can cry foul like you did with gitmo? dont be niave 240 obama will need to show that he is willing to take gitmo prisoners before other nations will just like they said when geitner first mentioned this.

again you dismissed this idea in its entirety when i first reported it, you think its totally out of the realm of possibility for obama to release some of these guys into the US?

WTF are you talking about?  I think those fvckers should walk the plank on the way back from gitmo.  please dont group me in with the choads that want them freed, dude.

Not they'll face trial and get life sentences.  The ones that dont have evidence on them will get moved to the green zone prison or another one overseas. 

it's really a lot of drama about nothing.  Obama is ready to get some convictions on these pricks.  Buch/Cheney released them.  Proof is in the pudding here.  it would destroy his 2012 presidential chances to let some prick walk the streets of NYC.  obama has told the left to piss off on the prison torture pics and the ACLU is suing him nonstop.  Do you REEALLY think he'll cave on this one?  no way jose.  they only go to trial if they're gonna be found guilty (and yeah, fed conviction rates are very high) and if not, they go elsewhere.

it's not a logistical thing, it's a PR move.  Gitmo leads to jihadist recruitment.  The same dumb pricks in an iraqi jail don't do that.  get it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
WTF are you talking about?  I think those fvckers should walk the plank on the way back from gitmo.  please dont group me in with the choads that want them freed, dude.

Not they'll face trial and get life sentences.  The ones that dont have evidence on them will get moved to the green zone prison or another one overseas. 

it's really a lot of drama about nothing.  Obama is ready to get some convictions on these pricks.  Buch/Cheney released them.  Proof is in the pudding here.  it would destroy his 2012 presidential chances to let some prick walk the streets of NYC.  obama has told the left to piss off on the prison torture pics and the ACLU is suing him nonstop.  Do you REEALLY think he'll cave on this one?  no way jose.  they only go to trial if they're gonna be found guilty (and yeah, fed conviction rates are very high) and if not, they go elsewhere.

it's not a logistical thing, it's a PR move.  Gitmo leads to jihadist recruitment.  The same dumb pricks in an iraqi jail don't do that.  get it?
LOL dude dont give me the jihadist recruitment BULL SHIT...many of obamas moves will lead to jihadist recruitment and you approve of those so STFU about that.

Obama isnt going to release those photos but mark my words they will get released, but he will be able to wipe his hands of it and say he tried again like you said its a PR move.

Do you really think with all the publicity that this issue has they are going to move these guys to another gitmoesk prison? LOL not gonna happen bro. Some may the ones that are convicted of shit, but what of the ones that arent?

Like you said its all PR but i think obama may have to pander to left somewhat on this he tried to walk to line and fell off.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »
LOL dude dont give me the jihadist recruitment BULL SHIT

it's not BS.  many jihadists joined because of their 'brothers' being paraded in the elements at gitmo.  This is a fact.  it was a major terror recruiting tool, and one of the main reasons we're shutting it down.

They won't be moved to 'another gitmo'.  They'll be moved to a facility without the red cross or anyone else knowing about it.  They won't be paraded around in jumpsuits so dubya can show off the size of his stick.  They'll be placed in the system and we won't know where they are.  As it should have been from day one.

Obama's doing what reagan, bush1, and clinton would have done.  What needs to be done, and quietly.  This parading them around for the world was a dumb move.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
it's not BS.  many jihadists joined because of their 'brothers' being paraded in the elements at gitmo.  This is a fact.  it was a major terror recruiting tool, and one of the main reasons we're shutting it down.

They won't be moved to 'another gitmo'.  They'll be moved to a facility without the red cross or anyone else knowing about it.  They won't be paraded around in jumpsuits so dubya can show off the size of his stick.  They'll be placed in the system and we won't know where they are.  As it should have been from day one.

Obama's doing what reagan, bush1, and clinton would have done.  What needs to be done, and quietly.  This parading them around for the world was a dumb move.
so why are you in favor of other actions that will undoubtedly be used to recruit jihadist then?

LOL its too public now 240 we will know exactly where they go or did you forget about obamas transparency? LOL he is parading them around right now by bringing them into OUR CiVILIAN JUSTICE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

I agree thats what needs to be done but for obama but obama is not doing that he is trying to make it public so he can say to the right hey look i did this but like i said he is going screw himself b/c there will be a few that are found not guilty or that will not be tried for one reason or another that cant be returned to their home country and other countries wont accept...he tried to walk the line and fell...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 01:26:53 PM »
so why are you in favor of other actions that will undoubtedly be used to recruit jihadist then?

???

What other actions?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
???

What other actions?
releasing photos of fallen soldiers coming home from war in caskets...these will undoubtedly be used as recruiting tools by jihadist and also be politicized here at home.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »
LOL its too public now 240 we will know exactly where they go or did you forget about obamas transparency?

Oh, 'we will NEED TO KNOW" doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

We know what they decide we need to know.   Gitmo kids will get split into 3 groups.  

1- tried and convicted in US courts, life sentences or death sentence.  
2- we know they're innocent, we get another country to pawn them off on
3- not enough evidence, we know they're bad guys, we just move em along to another us base and no, you dont get to konw where that is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »
Oh, 'we will NEED TO KNOW" doesn't really amount to a hill of beans.

We know what they decide we need to know.   Gitmo kids will get split into 3 groups.  

1- tried and convicted in US courts, life sentences or death sentence.  
2- we know they're innocent, we get another country to pawn them off on
3- not enough evidence, we know they're bad guys, we just move em along to another us base and no, you dont get to konw where that is.
its funny how you dont apply that to everything political...9/11 hahah i guess you can simply take barry at his word?

again wont happen bud obama dug his grave on this issue with his tongue...