Author Topic: Left-Wing Hate Speech  (Read 92200 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Left-Wing Hate Speech
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

•45,000 people die each year simply because they have no health insurance (American Journal of Public Health 2009)

I see.  Assuming that statistic is accurate (which I doubt), you are seriously suggesting the GOP is responsible for the death of 45,000 people a year who don't have health insurance? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
I see.  Assuming that statistic is accurate (which I doubt), you are seriously suggesting the GOP is responsible for the death of 45,000 people a year who don't have health insurance? 

Of course.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Of course.

What specifically did the GOP do to kill those 45,000 people in 2009?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
What specifically did the GOP do to kill those 45,000 people in 2009?

Denied them health insurance = Death

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:00 AM »
Denied them health insurance = Death

Absurd.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
Bashir is such a clown.  Not surprised he has a following on MSNBC.

Martin Bashir’s Latest Idiotic Analogy: Ted Cruz Like Cult Leader David Koresh
By Matthew Sheffield | October 17, 2013

Like many dim-witted but well-dressed people, MSNBC host Martin Bashir fancies himself a rather intelligent chap. He’s also got a penchant for making outrageous comparisons of people that he hates to historical figures that everyone else abhors.

The low-rated British import displayed his talent for extreme analogies on his program Wednesday evening as he seriously compared Republican senator Ted Cruz to David Koresh, a cult leader who thought he was the reincarnation of Jesus.

Bashir made his remarks in a discussion with economics writer Josh Barro, BuzzFeed reporter McKay Coppins, and Krystal Ball, co-host of “The Cycle.” As is typical of MSNBC, none of the guests was present to disagree with the host as he launched into a tirade against Cruz and the group of congressional Republicans who pushed for a partial government shutdown in order to block certain aspects of President Obama’s signature healthcare law.

After gleefully celebrating what he believed to be a complete failure of the conservatives’ strategy—the entire discussion was illustrated with a small graphic of Cruz’s face inside a lifesaver ring and the words “Cruzship Disaster”—Bashir then decided to play armchair psychiatrist as he asked the left-leaning Coppins whether or not he agreed that the Texas senator was similar to a suicidal cult leader:

“McKay, do you think Ted Cruz is a bit like the David Koresh of the Republican Party?” Bashir wondered. “He’s a bit like a character who believes himself to be anointed, believes himself to be a prophet, ignores everything, and torches the place in the process.”

Instead of answering, Coppins demurred a bit and gently (so as not to jeopardize future TV appearances) chided the MSNBC host for his comparison.

But Bashir, who was outraged just a few months ago when the NRA compared a gun registry law with Nazi Germany, insisted on his absurd analogy. “Is he the David Koresh of the Republican Party?” he repeated.

While the Koresh comparison is certainly offensive and absurd (and also historically wrong since Koresh and his followers in their standoff with the FBI did not start the fire which killed them), this sort of extreme rhetoric is very much in character for Bashir. Why it’s almost like he’s deliberately trying to come up with the most rabid analogies imaginable in the hopes that the few mentally disturbed viewers he still has will continue watching. Here’s a very short list of ridiculous pronouncements we’ve chronicled Bashir making in recent months:

No Shame: MSNBC's Martin Bashir Disgustingly Compares the NRA to Hitler
MSNBC's Martin Bashir Outrageously Compares GOP Governor to Murderous Dictator Ceausescu
Martin Bashir: Maybe Donald Trump ‘Really Is the Son of a Big, Fat, Hairy Ape'
MSNBC's Martin Bashir Outrageously Compares Rick Santorum to Mass Murderer Joseph Stalin
Martin Bashir: Fox Commentators and Rush Limbaugh 'A Sewer of Absolute Crap'
Martin Bashir: Is Darrell Issa ‘The Most Repugnant Politician in the History of American Politics?’
Martin Bashir on Moore, Oklahoma: 'Perhaps the Worst Tornado in the History of the Planet'
MSNBC's Bashir: Florida Voter 'Purge' One That 'Stalin Would Admire'; But 'Purge' Amounts to Just 0.02% of Fla. Voters
The full transcript of the relevant portion of the October 16 edition of the Martin Bashir show follows. Hat tip: Noath Rothman.

JOSH BARRO: And he [Cruz] has been talking about this like there was some rousing success. He said months ago nobody said we could do this. Months ago, everybody was saying he couldn't stop Obamacare and he couldn't stop Obamacare. I don't think they were saying he couldn't cause an enormous political catastrophe for his party. That he has proved he can to.

MARTIN BASHIR: McKay, do you think Ted Cruz is a bit like the David Koresh of the Republican Party? He's a bit like a character who believes himself to be anointed, believes himself to be a prophet, ignores everything, and torches the place in the process.

MCKAY COPPINS: You always come to me with these excellent comparisons that get me in trouble with Republican sources. No, I think, look, you know, Ted Cruz --

BASHIR: Is he the David Koresh of the Republican Party?

COPPINS: There are two lines of thinking. One is that he truly believes that he is -- you know, the savior of the Republican Party.
BASHIR: So he does believe that.
COPPINS: There's the other line of thinking that this was purely cynical. That he knew from the start he was never going to defund Obamacare, but that this would put him, you know, in a great position for 2016 to run for president.
BASHIR: Right.
COPPINS: It's unclear which of those is true. I tend to lean toward the latter. I think most politicians like that generally are setting themselves up. But the question is next time he stages, you know, a stunt like this, will the House conservative caucus, will the Tea Party caucus, follow him the same way that
-- they did this time? Because I'm hearing from a lot of republicans that even among the tea party set, that are feeling pretty burned.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/10/17/martin-bashir-s-latest-idiotic-analogy-ted-cruz-cult-leader-david#ixzz2i0jiQQWi

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:20 AM »
Rep. Grayson blasted over anti-Tea Party email showing burning cross

Shown here is an image from an email sent from Rep. Alan Grayson's campaign.COURTESY OF DAVE LEVINTHAL
By Judson Berger
Published October 22, 2013
FoxNews.com

Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson, who is known for lobbing over-the-top rhetorical bombs at his political foes, once again is being accused of taking things too far -- after his campaign sent an email that compared the Tea Party to the Ku Klux Klan while depicting a burning cross.

The email showed a large image of the flaming cross, with the letters "ea Party" etched in to the right of it. The caption read: "Now You Know What the 'T' Stands For."

The email included "pointed analysis" from Grayson in which he said, "The Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan," blasting the conservative organization for its role in the showdown that resulted in the two-week partial government shutdown.

Republicans on Tuesday accused the Florida congressman of stepping -- way -- over the line.

"There's no excuse for the hateful words and imagery used by Congressman Grayson," said Matt Gorman, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. "This hate-filled rhetoric has Americans fed up with Washington."

He called on House Democrats to "swiftly and strongly condemn him and return the money he has raised for them."

Grayson, though, was unapologetic and defended his Ku Klux Klan comparison.

In a written statement provided to FoxNews.com, he cited a litany of examples where the "Tea Party" attacked President Obama by citing his race, including the recurring claims that he is a Kenyan and Muslim "despite all evidence."

The statement, as an example, included a doctored image of Obama in tribal garb, one of many offensive images of the president from the bowels of the Internet.

"One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the shoe fits, wear it," Grayson said.

Grayson has a history of inflammatory comments. During the debate over the health care law, he infamously said Republicans want Americans to "die quickly."

He was defeated in 2010, but returned to Congress in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/22/rep-grayson-blasted-over-anti-tea-party-email-showing-burning-cross/

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #257 on: October 22, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
Tim Wise is a prime example of left wing hate speech.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #258 on: October 22, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
Bashir is such a clown.  Not surprised he has a following on MSNBC.

Martin Bashir’s Latest Idiotic Analogy: Ted Cruz Like Cult Leader David Koresh
By Matthew Sheffield | October 17, 2013

Like many dim-witted but well-dressed people, MSNBC host Martin Bashir fancies himself a rather intelligent chap. He’s also got a penchant for making outrageous comparisons of people that he hates to historical figures that everyone else abhors.

The low-rated British import displayed his talent for extreme analogies on his program Wednesday evening as he seriously compared Republican senator Ted Cruz to David Koresh, a cult leader who thought he was the reincarnation of Jesus.

Bashir made his remarks in a discussion with economics writer Josh Barro, BuzzFeed reporter McKay Coppins, and Krystal Ball, co-host of “The Cycle.” As is typical of MSNBC, none of the guests was present to disagree with the host as he launched into a tirade against Cruz and the group of congressional Republicans who pushed for a partial government shutdown in order to block certain aspects of President Obama’s signature healthcare law.

After gleefully celebrating what he believed to be a complete failure of the conservatives’ strategy—the entire discussion was illustrated with a small graphic of Cruz’s face inside a lifesaver ring and the words “Cruzship Disaster”—Bashir then decided to play armchair psychiatrist as he asked the left-leaning Coppins whether or not he agreed that the Texas senator was similar to a suicidal cult leader:

“McKay, do you think Ted Cruz is a bit like the David Koresh of the Republican Party?” Bashir wondered. “He’s a bit like a character who believes himself to be anointed, believes himself to be a prophet, ignores everything, and torches the place in the process.”

Instead of answering, Coppins demurred a bit and gently (so as not to jeopardize future TV appearances) chided the MSNBC host for his comparison.

But Bashir, who was outraged just a few months ago when the NRA compared a gun registry law with Nazi Germany, insisted on his absurd analogy. “Is he the David Koresh of the Republican Party?” he repeated.

While the Koresh comparison is certainly offensive and absurd (and also historically wrong since Koresh and his followers in their standoff with the FBI did not start the fire which killed them), this sort of extreme rhetoric is very much in character for Bashir. Why it’s almost like he’s deliberately trying to come up with the most rabid analogies imaginable in the hopes that the few mentally disturbed viewers he still has will continue watching. Here’s a very short list of ridiculous pronouncements we’ve chronicled Bashir making in recent months:

No Shame: MSNBC's Martin Bashir Disgustingly Compares the NRA to Hitler
MSNBC's Martin Bashir Outrageously Compares GOP Governor to Murderous Dictator Ceausescu
Martin Bashir: Maybe Donald Trump ‘Really Is the Son of a Big, Fat, Hairy Ape'
MSNBC's Martin Bashir Outrageously Compares Rick Santorum to Mass Murderer Joseph Stalin
Martin Bashir: Fox Commentators and Rush Limbaugh 'A Sewer of Absolute Crap'
Martin Bashir: Is Darrell Issa ‘The Most Repugnant Politician in the History of American Politics?’
Martin Bashir on Moore, Oklahoma: 'Perhaps the Worst Tornado in the History of the Planet'
MSNBC's Bashir: Florida Voter 'Purge' One That 'Stalin Would Admire'; But 'Purge' Amounts to Just 0.02% of Fla. Voters
The full transcript of the relevant portion of the October 16 edition of the Martin Bashir show follows. Hat tip: Noath Rothman.

JOSH BARRO: And he [Cruz] has been talking about this like there was some rousing success. He said months ago nobody said we could do this. Months ago, everybody was saying he couldn't stop Obamacare and he couldn't stop Obamacare. I don't think they were saying he couldn't cause an enormous political catastrophe for his party. That he has proved he can to.

MARTIN BASHIR: McKay, do you think Ted Cruz is a bit like the David Koresh of the Republican Party? He's a bit like a character who believes himself to be anointed, believes himself to be a prophet, ignores everything, and torches the place in the process.

MCKAY COPPINS: You always come to me with these excellent comparisons that get me in trouble with Republican sources. No, I think, look, you know, Ted Cruz --

BASHIR: Is he the David Koresh of the Republican Party?

COPPINS: There are two lines of thinking. One is that he truly believes that he is -- you know, the savior of the Republican Party.
BASHIR: So he does believe that.
COPPINS: There's the other line of thinking that this was purely cynical. That he knew from the start he was never going to defund Obamacare, but that this would put him, you know, in a great position for 2016 to run for president.
BASHIR: Right.
COPPINS: It's unclear which of those is true. I tend to lean toward the latter. I think most politicians like that generally are setting themselves up. But the question is next time he stages, you know, a stunt like this, will the House conservative caucus, will the Tea Party caucus, follow him the same way that
-- they did this time? Because I'm hearing from a lot of republicans that even among the tea party set, that are feeling pretty burned.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/10/17/martin-bashir-s-latest-idiotic-analogy-ted-cruz-cult-leader-david#ixzz2i0jiQQWi

he is very much like Koresh or Jim Jones

He's the spiritual leader of a group of very scared and stupid people (about 20 members of the house and perhaps one member of Congress) and he is willing to lead his group to mass suicide for what appears to be gratifying his own ego.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
Tim Wise is a prime example of left wing hate speech.

Who is he?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
I smell a lot of pussy in this thread. 8)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2013, 06:58:05 AM »
he is very much like Koresh or Jim Jones

He's the spiritual leader of a group of very scared and stupid people (about 20 members of the house and perhaps one member of Congress) and he is willing to lead his group to mass suicide for what appears to be gratifying his own ego.   

Good analogy. Spot on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »
Good analogy. Spot on.

LMFAO - you leftist freaks do the same w O-TWINK

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
Chris Matthews Compares Ted Cruz to Cinematic Child Murderer 'Freddy Krueger'
By Scott Whitlock | October 30, 2013

Apparently, a lot of conservatives remind Chris Matthews of the scarred and burned child murderer from the Nightmare on Elm Street films. On Tuesday, the Hardball anchor linked Republican Ted Cruz to the cinematic killer. He opened the program by spewing, "Is Ted Cruz the Republican Freddy Krueger?" [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

According to Matthews, the Texas senator is a "grotesquerie that now presents itself as the righteous right arm of the Republican Party." Using Halloween imagery, the host attributed all of the GOP's woes to Cruz, slamming him as "this frightening Freddy Krueger that threatens this country with relentless shutdowns and credit defaults."

Matthews blamed the politician for Republican Ken Cuccinelli's poor showing in the Virginia gubernatorial election. Continuing the movie references, he said of Cuccinelli: " His brand, his name is Republican. All these weeks of chain-rattling have bequeathed a voter such a dread of the Grand Old Party that they now know it as a villain to be feared."

How unoriginal is Matthews? On June 8, 2009, the host discussed Dick Cheney and linked, "Well, he keeps coming back...Freddy Krueger comes back in every movie and this guy is back every day."

On May 12, 2011, the host spoke of a potential Newt Gingrich run for the presidency and snarled, "I cannot believe there are young Republicans idealists out there, young people with hope who want our country to be good and have good politics to want to resurrect this element of Freddy Krueger, Nightmare on Elm Street politics."

So, who is the modern-day Freddy Krueger? Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich or Ted Cruz? For all his obsession with the horror movie character, it was Matthews who in 2007 wore a Freddy-esque sweater on-air. (See picture at right.)

A transcript of the October 29 show open is below:

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

5:01

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Is Ted Cruz the Republican Freddy Krueger?

MATTHEWS: Good evening. I'm Chris Matthews back in Washington. Let Me Start tonight with this grotesquerie that now presents itself as the righteous right arm of the Republican Party, this frightening Freddy Krueger that threatens this country with relentless shutdowns and credit defaults. We now have the ungodly news this week on Halloween on what the voters' reaction is to this specter. Two thirds of the voters of Virginia, which is voting next week, say they hold a stark, negative view of the Republican Party nationally. Worse yet, the same two thirds say they are voting for the Democratic candidate for governor of Virginia next week because they can't stand the Republican brand of the guy running against him. His brand, his name is Republican. All these weeks of chain-rattling have bequeathed a voter such a dread of the Grand Old Party that they now know it as a villain to be feared.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/10/30/chris-matthews-compares-ted-cruz-cinematic-child-murderer-freddy-kru#ixzz2jJtpZLwW

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »
Thats just absurd.

The number of children killed by Freddy Krueger is nothing compared to those Cruz has indirectly put in their grave.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Thats just absurd.

The number of children killed by Freddy Krueger is nothing compared to those Cruz has indirectly put in their grave.

Apples and oranges. Krueger kills all his victims directly.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2013, 06:47:03 AM »
Apples and oranges. Krueger kills all his victims directly.

Cruz should as well at least that takes a set of balls unlike what he is doing now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
Cruz should as well at least that takes a set of balls unlike what he is doing now.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/10/cruz-control-ted-cruz-tells-trayvons-mother-stand-ground-laws-cant-possibly-racist

LOL - Cruz shoving right up the ass of the libs

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:32 AM »
Climate of hate.

Koch brothers slam Harry Belafonte’s Ku Klux Klan remark
By MAGGIE HABERMAN 
11/3/13

A spokesman for the Koch brothers made a rare statement hitting back at criticism of the billionaire industrialists Sunday, taking Bill de Blasio surrogate Harry Belafonte to task for comparing them to the KKK.

The remarks were made at a church service by the 86-year-old actor-entertainer in New York City, on the final Sunday of a mayoral campaign in which Democrat Bill de Blasio is poised to rack up a win with a historic margin.

“Already we have lost 14 states in this union to the most corrupt group of citizens I’ve ever known,” Belafonte said at the First Corinthian Baptist Church, according to Capital New York. “They make up the heart and the thinking in the minds of those who would belong to the Ku Klux Klan. They are white supremacists. They are men of evil. They have names. They are flooding our country with money.

“They’ve come into to New York City,” Belafonte added. “They are beginning to buy their way in to city politics. They are pouring money into Presbyterian Hospital to take over the medical care system. The Koch brothers, that’s their name. Their money is already sewn into the fabric of our daily system, and they must be stopped.”

The Kochs are frequently the subject of criticism at Democrat rallies and events, and their aides rarely hit back. In this case, Koch Industries spokesman Rob Tappan issued a statement.

“Mr. Belafonte’s comments are false and reprehensible,” Tappan said “His comments are divisive and destructive, and are indicative of the type of hateful rhetoric that leads to the breakdown of a civil and respectful society.”

He added, “It is unfortunate that he and others choose to make such false comments about Charles Koch and David Koch, who have devoted their lives to advancing tolerance and a free society — where every individual is judged on his or her individual merits and they are free to make decisions about their lives.”

De Blasio sought distance from the remarks when reporters asked him about them after the church service.

“I disagree with that characterization. … That was the wrong way to talk about them,” he said, according to Capital New York. The report said he grew testy when asked why he didn’t disavow the comment from the dais, saying, “I’m here mentioning it with you guys. Next.”

Were the race remotely closer, it would be the kind of issue that would mar the closing days of a campaign, but given that Republican Joe Lhota has not broken 30 percent in polls, it’s unlikely to have much impact.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/koch-brothers-harry-belafonte-ku-klux-klan-99282.html#ixzz2jms1PcIe

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
Shocking.   ::)

WOMEN OF MSNBC SILENT ON MARTIN BASHIR'S PALIN COMMENTS
by FRANCES MARTEL 
20 Nov 2013

It has been a week since MSNBC's Martin Bashir took the network's hatred of Sarah Palin one step further with a sexist rant suggesting someone defecate and urinate into the former Alaska governor's mouth. Having apologized but received no discipline, his female colleagues on the network declined to comment to Breitbart News on the network's inaction.

Breitbart reached out directly to hosts Chris Jansing, Rachel Maddow, Abby Huntsman, Andrea Mitchell, Savannah Guthrie, Mika Brzezinski, Alex Wagner, Krystal Ball, and Alex Witt, as well as reporter Kelly O'Donnell, through a publicist, requesting comment on the continued lack of discipline Martin Bashir has enjoyed since making his comments regarding Palin. As of press time, none of MSNBC's talent has responded to our request, nor have they commented publicly on the matter.

The silence is deafening, especially compared to the backlash against those on the right who have outraged the network's talent in the past–with far less obscene statements. MSNBC has been pivotal in forwarding a narrative of the Republican Party and the American right as engaging in a "war on women" by expressing moral opposition to abortion and skepticism at the government interfering with women's health.

Those to whom Breitbart News has reached out have, in particular, not been hesitant to comment when the offender has been a right-wing pundit rather than someone on the left. At the peak of the Sandra Fluke contraceptive media scandal, Rachel Maddow contended that radio host Rush Limbaugh did not understand birth control. Krystal Ball started an online petition and boycott campaign against Limbaugh. Andrea Mitchell invited Fluke on her program to discuss her sympathetic phone call with President Obama.

In response to former Missouri Congressman Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comments, Kelly O'Donnell tried to tie the Missouri Congressman to then Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan by arguing that his comments resembled something in a bill Ryan was involved in writing, which included the term of art "forcible rape."

The women of MSNBC have been much quieter for Martin Bashir, despite his monologue distinguishing itself for introducing human waste into the conversation. While Bashir himself took the time to apologize for his "wholly unacceptable" comments, he has so far seen no discipline from the network for his comments. His apology came after widespread backlash from the greater conservative community, coverage by Breitbart News, and a petition on TruthRevolt. While Bashir's network immediately suspended colleague Alec Baldwin for his latest homophobic outburst against a photographer, they have yet to note whether Bashir will face a similar fate for words spoken on air.

While often maligned by the left as a divisive figure, Palin has a track record of reaching across the aisle when women in the public eye have become targets of sexist invective. In a recent interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, Palin argued that many of the attacks against Hillary Clinton during the 2008 campaign, especially those based on appearance, were the product of sexism. Some women on the left, most notably former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers, returned the favor, tweeting today that Martin Bashir has "gotta go" for his commentary.

SarahPAC, Palin's political action committee, is also still awaiting response from the network over whether they will discipline Bashir. In a letter written to administrators at MSNBC, they list a number of disciplinary actions by the network (including the firing of Don Imus for inappropriate words about the Rutgers women's basketball  team and the recent Baldwin fiasco) and request an answer as to what Bashir's fate will be. This appears to be the only pressure on the network to react to such wholly unprofessional talk, however, as prominent feminist groups like NOW and the Feminist Majority stand by their silence on the matter.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/20/Women-of-MSNBC-Silent-on-Condemning-Martin-Bashir-For-Palin-Comments

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »
Rep. Grayson blasted over anti-Tea Party email showing burning cross

Shown here is an image from an email sent from Rep. Alan Grayson's campaign.COURTESY OF DAVE LEVINTHAL
By Judson Berger
Published October 22, 2013
FoxNews.com

Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson, who is known for lobbing over-the-top rhetorical bombs at his political foes, once again is being accused of taking things too far -- after his campaign sent an email that compared the Tea Party to the Ku Klux Klan while depicting a burning cross.

The email showed a large image of the flaming cross, with the letters "ea Party" etched in to the right of it. The caption read: "Now You Know What the 'T' Stands For."

The email included "pointed analysis" from Grayson in which he said, "The Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan," blasting the conservative organization for its role in the showdown that resulted in the two-week partial government shutdown.

Republicans on Tuesday accused the Florida congressman of stepping -- way -- over the line.

"There's no excuse for the hateful words and imagery used by Congressman Grayson," said Matt Gorman, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. "This hate-filled rhetoric has Americans fed up with Washington."

He called on House Democrats to "swiftly and strongly condemn him and return the money he has raised for them."

Grayson, though, was unapologetic and defended his Ku Klux Klan comparison.

In a written statement provided to FoxNews.com, he cited a litany of examples where the "Tea Party" attacked President Obama by citing his race, including the recurring claims that he is a Kenyan and Muslim "despite all evidence."

The statement, as an example, included a doctored image of Obama in tribal garb, one of many offensive images of the president from the bowels of the Internet.

"One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the shoe fits, wear it," Grayson said.

Grayson has a history of inflammatory comments. During the debate over the health care law, he infamously said Republicans want Americans to "die quickly."

He was defeated in 2010, but returned to Congress in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/22/rep-grayson-blasted-over-anti-tea-party-email-showing-burning-cross/

Dammit, I loves me some Alan Grayson.  He'd be great on getbig. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »
Dammit, I loves me some Alan Grayson.  He'd be great on getbig. 

Nah.  We already have our Village Idiot and she is doing a fantastic job.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
Mahr is really a revolting pos

Whateva, ya humorless dork.  He's a comedian.  They can say ANYTHING.  What's wrong with that?

BTW, this I found funny (in a mean-spirited getbig kind of way):
In September 2008, Maher mocked Trig during a monologue of his HBO show, noting that she has five children including an infant "that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
Whateva, ya humorless dork.  He's a comedian.  They can say ANYTHING.  What's wrong with that?

BTW, this I found funny (in a mean-spirited getbig kind of way):
In September 2008, Maher mocked Trig during a monologue of his HBO show, noting that she has five children including an infant "that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards."

::)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
Chris Matthews Compares Ted Cruz to Cinematic Child Murderer 'Freddy Krueger'
By Scott Whitlock | October 30, 2013

Apparently, a lot of conservatives remind Chris Matthews of the scarred and burned child murderer from the Nightmare on Elm Street films. On Tuesday, the Hardball anchor linked Republican Ted Cruz to the cinematic killer. He opened the program by spewing, "Is Ted Cruz the Republican Freddy Krueger?" [See video below. MP3 audio here.]

According to Matthews, the Texas senator is a "grotesquerie that now presents itself as the righteous right arm of the Republican Party." Using Halloween imagery, the host attributed all of the GOP's woes to Cruz, slamming him as "this frightening Freddy Krueger that threatens this country with relentless shutdowns and credit defaults."

Matthews blamed the politician for Republican Ken Cuccinelli's poor showing in the Virginia gubernatorial election. Continuing the movie references, he said of Cuccinelli: " His brand, his name is Republican. All these weeks of chain-rattling have bequeathed a voter such a dread of the Grand Old Party that they now know it as a villain to be feared."

How unoriginal is Matthews? On June 8, 2009, the host discussed Dick Cheney and linked, "Well, he keeps coming back...Freddy Krueger comes back in every movie and this guy is back every day."

On May 12, 2011, the host spoke of a potential Newt Gingrich run for the presidency and snarled, "I cannot believe there are young Republicans idealists out there, young people with hope who want our country to be good and have good politics to want to resurrect this element of Freddy Krueger, Nightmare on Elm Street politics."

So, who is the modern-day Freddy Krueger? Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich or Ted Cruz? For all his obsession with the horror movie character, it was Matthews who in 2007 wore a Freddy-esque sweater on-air. (See picture at right.)

A transcript of the October 29 show open is below:

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

5:01

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Is Ted Cruz the Republican Freddy Krueger?

MATTHEWS: Good evening. I'm Chris Matthews back in Washington. Let Me Start tonight with this grotesquerie that now presents itself as the righteous right arm of the Republican Party, this frightening Freddy Krueger that threatens this country with relentless shutdowns and credit defaults. We now have the ungodly news this week on Halloween on what the voters' reaction is to this specter. Two thirds of the voters of Virginia, which is voting next week, say they hold a stark, negative view of the Republican Party nationally. Worse yet, the same two thirds say they are voting for the Democratic candidate for governor of Virginia next week because they can't stand the Republican brand of the guy running against him. His brand, his name is Republican. All these weeks of chain-rattling have bequeathed a voter such a dread of the Grand Old Party that they now know it as a villain to be feared.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2013/10/30/chris-matthews-compares-ted-cruz-cinematic-child-murderer-freddy-kru#ixzz2jJtpZLwW

Wait a sec.  Chris Matthews is a leftist?  Since when?