Author Topic: Dorian Vs Jay ( Ronnie says Dorian is better )  (Read 31253 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Dorian Vs Jay ( Ronnie says Dorian is better )
« Reply #325 on: July 04, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
Oh, shut up already you obsessive freak. Just because someone said something at one stage of their career after winning a contest once or twice doesn't mean that they are going to feel the same way after winning that same contest 8 TIMES! Or after winning more Pro shows than anyone else in history! Success of that magnitude tends to change a persons perspective you know so why don't we ask Ronnie if he still feels the same way now after the incredible career that he's had? And put this bullshit to rest once for all.

Man you just fucked up lol you asked for this  ;D

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

Booommmmmmm that's after he won an Olympia

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Booommmmm 2008 that's after he won ALL of his Olympia titles

do yourself a favor go back away for another year and them come back  ;D consider the bullshit put to rest

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: July 04, 2009, 07:10:27 AM »
ronnie in 97

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: July 04, 2009, 07:11:12 AM »
ronnie in 97

That is a sick ass shot

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: July 04, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »
 8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: July 04, 2009, 07:13:03 AM »
8)

awesome shots where are these from?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2009, 07:14:48 AM »
awesome shots where are these from?

finnish grand prix '97.

never posted on here before.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2009, 07:18:19 AM »
finnish grand prix '97.

never posted on here before.

Cool he placed 3rd so much for Hulkster claiming he was 70% of himself lmao anymore?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: July 04, 2009, 07:23:16 AM »
Cool he placed 3rd so much for Hulkster claiming he was 70% of himself lmao anymore?

1     Kevin Levrone
2     Chris Cormier
3     Ronnie Coleman
4     Nasser El Sonbaty
5     Paul Dillett
6     Vince Taylor
7     Marko Savolainen
8     Milos Sarcev
9     Lee Priest
10    Who cares

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #333 on: July 04, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »
Man you just fucked up lol you asked for this  ;D

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

Booommmmmmm that's after he won an Olympia

Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Booommmmm 2008 that's after he won ALL of his Olympia titles

do yourself a favor go back away for another year and them come back  ;D

Yeah and where does he say that Dorian was better than him? His comments are almost exactly the same as Dorians own comment that the judges probably would have put Ronnie ahead of him! Because Dorian said that you know, he wasn't saying he would agree with it but that the judges would most likely have put Ronnie first.

So yeah no where did Ronnie say Dorian was better he just said that the judges would have continued to favor Dorian injuries and all the way they had for 6 years straight already, and that it's hard to knock the champion off the block. Which is a lot like Joe weiders remark after the 1980 Olympia that if it's close the judges are going to give it to the champ.

Seriously though where does he say that Dorian was better? No where that's where!

I think I'm going to need two years off after this.   :P

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
hahaha NarcisissticDaisy who works at the flower shop is getting owned hahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
Re: Dorian Vs Jay
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2009, 07:58:28 AM »
The ambiguous part is " come one now this is my time " where he doesn't say he would or wouldn't beat them , then goes on and gives a diplomatic answer saying he couldn't beat them in their day

See now you're reduced to making shit up , a sign you have nothing to work with ...don't fret you're in good company with Neo & HUlkster , I never once claimed Ronnie's word was ' iron word of truth ' in fact I've said many times in fact it doesn't make it true but it's his opinion no matter how much you hate it

If Ronnie said " Yeah I would beat Dorian no problem ' you nutt-huggers would be posting that in every single thread , praising how right he is , how honest ha ha ha ha and you can't so at every turn it becomes Ronnie is being humble , Ronnie was being diplomatic , Ronnie was paying homage to a past champ , and you can be like Neo and just dismiss the statement as Ronnie isn't that bright you ever hear the guy speak   ::)

What's funny is he never believed Jay could beat him or anyone else just Dorian  ;D

It was only you who said he was being diplomatic at the beginning of the above post. Then you use your own words as an indirect quote of me later in the same post, as if I alone fictioned the concept of diplomacy in an interview. Read it from start to finish, you undo yourself in one post.

You accuse me of "making shit up" because I directly quoted Ronnie's line "I couldn't have beat them in their hey days," and said it's not ambiguous, because it's not. The line "this is my time" arguably is, which I don't dispute, but does not somehow negate the rest of the interview?!?!

I only ever claimed Ronnie's word is as inadmissable as that of any non-judge. You however, are picking and choosing which bits ring true and which don't when you are not qualified to do so.

You're out of your depth here mate, and unfounded accusations are not going to get you anywhere.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2009, 08:11:26 AM »

Yeah and where does he say that Dorian was better than him? His comments are almost exactly the same as Dorians own comment that the judges probably would have put Ronnie ahead of him! Because Dorian said that you know, he wasn't saying he would agree with it but that the judges would most likely have put Ronnie first.

So yeah no where did Ronnie say Dorian was better he just said that the judges would have continued to favor Dorian injuries and all the way they had for 6 years straight already, and that it's hard to knock the champion off the block. Which is a lot like Joe weiders remark after the 1980 Olympia that if it's close the judges are going to give it to the champ.

Seriously though where does he say that Dorian was better? No where that's where!

I think I'm going to need two years off after this.   :P

Yeah I thought so , run along now and stop making excuses and don't presume to know what Ronnie was thinking , and Dorian said Ronnie would beat me I guess I DON'T KNOW , please show me where Ronnie said I DON'T KNOW and I'll be waiting and to play your game where does it say Dorian wasn't better?  ;)

and to correct more of your nonsense Ronnie lost to Jay and Jay lost to Dexter , so much for the dynasty theory , need anything else corrected?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2009, 08:17:19 AM »
It was only you who said he was being diplomatic at the beginning of the above post. Then you use your own words as an indirect quote of me later in the same post, as if I alone fictioned the concept of diplomacy in an interview. Read it from start to finish, you undo yourself in one post.

You accuse me of "making shit up" because I directly quoted Ronnie's line "I couldn't have beat them in their hey days," and said it's not ambiguous, because it's not. The line "this is my time" arguably is, which I don't dispute, but does not somehow negate the rest of the interview?!?!

I only ever claimed Ronnie's word is as inadmissable as that of any non-judge. You however, are picking and choosing which bits ring true and which don't when you are not qualified to do so.

You're out of your depth here mate, and unfounded accusations are not going to get you anywhere.

Attempting to speak for Ronnie has gotten you NO WHERE Ronnie concedes to Dorian that's the bottom line if Ronnie said Yes I would beat Dorian is word would be LAW and he didn't so his word is worthless  ::)

continue with the excuses

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »
hahaha NarcisissticDaisy who works at the flower shop is getting owned hahahaha

Hulkster in another one of my threads trying to prove Ronnie was better and lying lol owned is right  ;)

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2009, 08:38:29 AM »
Attempting to speak for Ronnie has gotten you NO WHERE Ronnie concedes to Dorian that's the bottom line if Ronnie said Yes I would beat Dorian is word would be LAW and he didn't so his word is worthless  ::)

continue with the excuses

If you can actually articulate how I have "spoken for Ronnie" you will come off as more credible.

Does him saying it make it true?

Direct answers only.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »
thanks guys for not posting in the truce thread  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »
ND, why do you keep saying ronnie says dorian is better?

show us the quote.

he said dorian 'would win' which is totally different than being better.

winning the contest (when you don't really deserve to) is commonplace in the IFBB, (see, Yates, Dorian Mr. Olympias 94, 96 and 97)

that is NOT the same as being physically better.

the two are mutually exclusive.

ronnie knew the politics of the dorian reign as well as the rest of us did..

hence, his comment.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »

show us the quote.

winning the contest (when you don't really deserve to) is commonplace in the IFBB, (see, Yates, Dorian Mr. Olympias 94, 96 and 97)

hence, his comment.
ND can you help us here? Hulkster may have a valid point?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »
Ronnie was better than Dorian from about 95 on, so were a lot of other guys that got the shaft from the judges. if Dorian didn't retire, and tore his OTHER bicep....they would still have give him the title in 98.

And the magazines would have said some stupid shit like "Despite numerous setbacks, Dorian again shows the heart and mettle of a true champion and guts out yet another victory,"

The last couple years of his reign were a total fucking travesty.

I think you are off base Hulkster. It's not that Ronnie improved so much, it's that once Dorian retired the guy with the best physique actually won for a change.

Rarely quote myself, but this is why Ronnie says Dorian would have kept on winning. IMO if you asked Ronnie what he REALLY thought, it would be similar

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2009, 11:19:46 AM »

show us the quote.

hence, his comment.

Oh the old semantics game huh? well playing your game show me the quote where Ronnie says specifically where Dorian would win because of politics , show me where Ronnie says Dorian would only win not because he's better but because it was predetermined , spare me the semantics bullshit and once again you're reduced to SPEAKING FOR HIM

Ronnie had a lot of options on what he could say YOU want him to say it's because of politics and Ronnie knows about politics huh? playing your game 2000/2001/2002 shall I continue?

Here is a prime example of Ronnie commenting on politics

THOUGHTS ON LOSING TO SCHLIERKAMP AT THE 2002 GNC SHOW OF STRENGTH:

It was nothing more than a way to create interest in the sport. No reigning Mr. Olympia had lost a show like this before. The goal was to shake things up, set the stage for a three-way battle [with Cutler and Schlierkamp] at the 2003 Mr. Olympia. There was no way in the world that I should have lost the GNC. Just look at the photos. I was victimized by the system

Ronnie could have said anything he wanted , he decided he lost because of ' politics ' Mr Humble on Jay Cutler beating him

Jay must be smoking crack to think he could ever beat me , he better be reborn with better genetics

Being White sure helped Jay win the Olympia

He could have said anything , he choose that and now you're reduced to speculating what he meant , if he meant that he's obviously not shy in saying so  ;)

DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: A close friend. Dorian is very intelligent, a great Mr. Olympia. He had the best side-chest pose and the thickest freakiest back I have ever seen.

Let me guess he wasn't really saying Dorian was a close friend , or he's very intelligent or a great Mr Olympia , of he has the best side-chest shot and the thickest back he's ever seen LMFAO what he's really meant to say if we Hulkster-and -read-between-the-lines is Dorian was horrible and I have a better back and a better side chest LMFAO

Where is the politics? I see him elaborating on why Dorian would win , he has a big physique ( muscular bulk ) hard ( Density ) he's a big guy with a lot going for him , the fact you're reduced to speaking for Ronnie shows how pathetic you guys are , Ronnie could have said a LOT of things but it doesn't change what he said that he feels Dorian would win if they shared the same stage and that's a fact no matter how fucking bad you hate it  ;D  ;) 

This ended the Truce thread and started the trend you YOU and the other ball-lickers following me around like lost little puppies lol if Ronnie said " yeah I would beat Dorian I'm better " you guys would be shouting all over the place but you don't so cry me a river suckers  ;D

I won Ronnie admits he wouldn't beat Dorian ....case closed.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
ND can you help us here? Hulkster may have a valid point?

Hulkster's never had a valid point , he'll cry Dorian is the only bodybuilder who won based on politics yet in the same breathe will actually say Ronnie dominated 2001 by losing the whole pre-judging LMFAO

The only valid point Hulkster made is when he said I was " smart "  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
thanks guys for not posting in the truce thread  ;D

Hulkster is pissed because Ronnie ended the truce thread so he follows ME into every thread trying to prove Ronnie wrong lol

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »
Oh the old semantics game huh? well playing your game show me the quote where Ronnie says specifically where Dorian would win because of politics"

Hulkster doesn't need to show anything. You're the idiot who keeps claiming Ronnie said Dorian was better. Therefore, the burden of proof falls on you to back up your claim. You can't defend your stance by arguing there's no quote that explicitly says otherwise.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
Hulkster doesn't need to show anything. You're the idiot who keeps claiming Ronnie said Dorian was better. Therefore, the burden of proof falls on you to back up your claim. You can't defend your stance by arguing there's no quote that explicitly says otherwise.

You again? lmao thanks for proving my point kid.

I did back up my claim with clear cut examples of Ronnie speaking on why people beat him , if Ronnie felt that way he could have said that , and he didn't and it kills you

I crushed you and him with my stance and proved it using IFBB judges , nothings changed

Dorian would beat Ronnie because depending on the year he's bigger , harder , drier and has better balance & proportion coupled with being better at posing & presentation , that's another case that's closed kid  ;) the Ronnie quotes are insult to injury

Dorian is an IFBB judge he's stated specifically he is better conditioned directly compared to Ronnie and has better balance & proportion , this is as good as it gets specifically because he and IFBB judge

and whilst on the topic of proof where the fuck is your proof Dorian wasn't harder and drier than Ronnie 2001? Oh that's right you never produced any as usual , and posting pics and saying ' see ' doesn't constitute proof A'la Hulkster , until you can get an IFBB judge to say this your opinion will be laughed at for what it is , ignorant

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
Dorian is an IFBB judge he's stated specifically he is better conditioned directly compared to Ronnie and has better balance & proportion , this is as good as it gets specifically because he and IFBB judge

bwahahahahahaaha ::)

so, because dorian is an 'ifbb judge' he is therefore qualified to judge whether he himself is better?

what else do you think he is going to say? lol

man, you are so naive, first about the ronnie comment (everyone has been telling you its a direct comment on the politics for years, but you don't listen) and now this..
 ::)

based on dorian's comments compared to reality, he must be a pretty SHITTY judge!:
Flower Boy Ran Away