Author Topic: Bodybuilder killed himself while on bail  (Read 6022 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bodybuilder killed himself while on bail
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »
YAHOO NEWS

A BODYBUILDER who returned to a childhood haunt to kill himself was on bail for a serious offence at the time, an inquest heard.
Wayne Pickering, a former Mr UK, from Peterborough, was found dead in his silver Volkswagen Passat in the car park of Sulham Woods, in Tilehurst, Reading, on Friday, January 23, this year.

Mr Pickering (41) grew up in Tilehurst, but is believed to have moved away from the area more than 20 years ago.

At the time of his death, he was sharing a home with friend Sarah Massey, in St Martins Street, Peterborough.

The day before he was identified, Chayce Hughes had spotted his car parked at the woods when he took his dog out for a walk.

When he returned the next day to walk the dog again with his girlfriend, he saw the car was still in the same position with a man seemingly slumped in the driver's seat, but he thought the man might just be sleeping.

After walking the dog, Mr Hughes and his girlfriend contacted the police, who attended the scene and discovered Mr Pickering was dead, with a packet of extra-strength painkillers next to him.

At an inquest into his death, held at Newbury Town Hall yesterday, assistant deputy coroner for Berkshire, Anna Burnside said toxicology reports revealed paracetamol, diphenhydramine and ephedrine – all found in over-the-counter drugs – were found in his body, and it was clear he had intended to kill himself.

Recording a verdict of suicide, Mrs Burnside said: "Wayne was on police bail following arrest for a serious offence. There were a number of text messages sent to his friend, Sarah.

"It does indicate that in these messages he was saying goodbye to her. He also wrote a number of letters to his friends and gave those to Sarah. All those messages indicate he was intending to take his own life."

Divorced Mr Pickering was popular in Peterborough's body-building community and had won Mr UK in 1999 and Mr England in 2002.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Bodybuilder killed himself while on bail
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
The best looking face in Peterborough, believe it or not.

Everyone named 'Wayne' has big issues.  T of F?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:50:02 AM »

Uh, calling him a 'bodybuilder' would be the same as calling me a bodybuilder. 

Saying it doesn't make it true!

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
whys he gotta a bodybuilder,,why not just a schmoe or something,,,anyting bad happens its always, "bodeybuilder died" even if the guy lifted once in his life he is a bodybuilder  ::)

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
You work on getting big day after day, count the grams of macronutriens, feeling guilty when missing a meal (catabolism!!), shaping your body as a sculptor, and then throw away everything with a suicide!!! Why, oh why??!!!  ::)

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »

The dude won Mr UK...so i think we can safely say he was a bodybuilder

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »
It's too bad....

The man was a legend.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »
Wayne Guns

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »
The dude won Mr UK...so i think we can safely say he was a bodybuilder

I'll take your word for it, but he looks more like Mr. Twin-k. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »

You finally understand the whole syrup/pancake thing!!!!

There is a tear of pride in my left eye. :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
You finally understand the whole syrup/pancake thing!!!!

There is a tear of pride in my left eye. :)

Shiiiiit! 

Met a couple of kids from the Courage Campaign yesterday evening...let them know they've got one more badass ally in this relatively 'red' area.   

I still haven't decided whether to bring the hammer or the velvet gloves for the next round, though.  It's going to take a little bit of both, I'm afraid (afraid, cuz my hammer hits so hard that non-thinking peoples curl up like rollie-polies). 

A person who gets 'gender reassignment' has a legitimate claim to either gender, does he/she not?  You never said either way. ;)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
 :'( :'(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »
YAHOO NEWS

A BODYBUILDER who returned to a childhood haunt to kill himself was on bail for a serious offence at the time, an inquest heard.
Wayne Pickering, a former Mr UK, from Peterborough, was found dead in his silver Volkswagen Passat in the car park of Sulham Woods, in Tilehurst, Reading, on Friday, January 23, this year.

Mr Pickering (41) grew up in Tilehurst, but is believed to have moved away from the area more than 20 years ago.

At the time of his death, he was sharing a home with friend Sarah Massey, in St Martins Street, Peterborough.

The day before he was identified, Chayce Hughes had spotted his car parked at the woods when he took his dog out for a walk.

When he returned the next day to walk the dog again with his girlfriend, he saw the car was still in the same position with a man seemingly slumped in the driver's seat, but he thought the man might just be sleeping.

After walking the dog, Mr Hughes and his girlfriend contacted the police, who attended the scene and discovered Mr Pickering was dead, with a packet of extra-strength painkillers next to him.

At an inquest into his death, held at Newbury Town Hall yesterday, assistant deputy coroner for Berkshire, Anna Burnside said toxicology reports revealed paracetamol, diphenhydramine and ephedrine – all found in over-the-counter drugs – were found in his body, and it was clear he had intended to kill himself.

Recording a verdict of suicide, Mrs Burnside said: "Wayne was on police bail following arrest for a serious offence. There were a number of text messages sent to his friend, Sarah.

"It does indicate that in these messages he was saying goodbye to her. He also wrote a number of letters to his friends and gave those to Sarah. All those messages indicate he was intending to take his own life."

Divorced Mr Pickering was popular in Peterborough's body-building community and had won Mr UK in 1999 and Mr England in 2002.

Looking at the picture I wouldnt consider him a Bodybuilder maybe in the past but not in this pic. Sad story anyway.

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »
I'll take your word for it, but he looks more like Mr. Twin-k. 
Many former bodybuilders look like average person now.
R.I.P. Michael

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 11:25:46 AM »
Looks like a real healthy guy.  PIP.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
Looks like a real healthy guy.  PIP.

He looks like this guy I went to school with... kinda eerie.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 02:05:45 PM »
A person who gets 'gender reassignment' has a legitimate claim to either gender, does he/she not?  You never said either way. ;)

Pouring syrup on shit don't make it a pancake, Tre.

If someone is happier after having gender reassignment, God bless them. That being said, there are no circumstances under which I'd have sex with someone who was born a man.

I'm a billionaire on the inside..... is there a surgery for that? :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »
Pouring syrup on shit don't make it a pancake, Tre.

If someone is happier after having gender reassignment, God bless them. That being said, there are no circumstances under which I'd have sex with someone who was born a man.

I'm a billionaire on the inside..... is there a surgery for that? :)

LOL @ GetBig Billionaire! 

For dating/relationship purposes, I have no interest in trans-gendered individuals either.  While I may be fascinated by some of their stories, I'm not going to fuck any of them. 

But does not an enlightened society have *some* obligation to respect a person's right to self-determination, even if that person argues that nature and not him/herself is responsible for that determination of gender?  That is, if a person is born XX, but 'feels' XY, shouldn't the desire of that person to live as XY be respected the same as anyone else's desire to live as a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness or vegan or recycling enthusiast? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
PIP....what was his getbig handle?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
LOL @ GetBig Billionaire! 

For dating/relationship purposes, I have no interest in trans-gendered individuals either.  While I may be fascinated by some of their stories, I'm not going to fuck any of them. 

But does not an enlightened society have *some* obligation to respect a person's right to self-determination, even if that person argues that nature and not him/herself is responsible for that determination of gender?  That is, if a person is born XX, but 'feels' XY, shouldn't the desire of that person to live as XY be respected the same as anyone else's desire to live as a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness or vegan or recycling enthusiast? 

We are not an enlightened society.

Also, I don't have the tendency to confuse feelings and facts. Feelings and the interpretation of facts can always change... facts themselves are relatively concrete.

Ultimately it harms no one but changing ones mind has no effect on DNA expression.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 05:07:38 PM »
PIP....what was his getbig handle?

i'm betting he had a few

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »
:'( :'(

Bob Chick!   You need to send "your" trophy to Rusty right away.  How can you even look at yourself in the mirror after that travesty in '06?  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
Just wanted to say that - Steroids had nothing to do with his death - thank you that is all