Author Topic: Went to Muscle Beach and Firehouse REsturant  (Read 5473 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Went to Muscle Beach and Firehouse REsturant
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
Carlo Filipone doesn't own the Firehouse,lol . He Lives here in NJ

Mr. Lopez do you have any insight on a new product that has hit the shelves I believe is called Plazmosis or something like that...I'm not sure who makes it but heard that stuff is insane...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »
Firehouse sucks needs extinguished.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
you learned a valuable lesson about hot spots they arent hot, its just the energy that is created when everyone who is anyone goes there...You failed to find out when the right time to go is...it could be Sunday afternoons, thursdays evenings, whatever but you have to ask around to find out...many tourists dont get this concpet and spend lots of money going to places spending money on dinner and saying what is so great about that...its not the place its the energy...and that is what makes it exciting.

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
NYC  I spent little to no money going there, just checked it out as a 2nd thought after watching the crazies on the Venice Boardwalk. 
As for the prices, it was less than a resturant, more than a bar and grill though..depends on where you eat often as to what you find expensive.

BTW, I am not a tourist, I live in S. California..San Diego. Venice is just an hour drive..hour and half maybe.  It's a great place to see some intresting things, or people, just keep your money hidden. 
D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 07:52:03 PM »
NYC  I spent little to no money going there, just checked it out as a 2nd thought after watching the crazies on the Venice Boardwalk. 
As for the prices, it was less than a resturant, more than a bar and grill though..depends on where you eat often as to what you find expensive.

BTW, I am not a tourist, I live in S. California..San Diego. Venice is just an hour drive..hour and half maybe.  It's a great place to see some intresting things, or people, just keep your money hidden. 

ok, but still sounds like you missed the peak hour to be there even though you took a chance. Never been there myself, could be it's day in the sun are long gone.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »
The old days of Venice are gone and won't ever come back.  That said, the Firehouse still makes some kick-ass grub.  If some of you haven't noticed, the price of good food is high everywhere these days. 

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »
The Firehouse has pretty darn good food

brocolli egg white scramble

buffalo patties

freshly squeezed orange juice

very good meals @ that restaurant

I usually see many famous faces

one time I saw John Cusack

on another occasion I saw Randy macho man Savage

and always see Cutler......Strydom..... .Rico......Dave Bourlet.....Charles Glass....ect.......

Neat place to eat at

if the weather is nice.....sit out on the back patio

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »
LoL,,,and you are asking because?  :-X

don't get your hopes up..refer to the previous post.  the word "wife" means strait.  ::)

Now do yourself a favor. Go get your homework done before your mother starts yelling.  :-\

Mmmm...Michael Jackson had a wife.....Steve Blekman HAS A WIFE. Just sayin'.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 04:59:32 PM »
I've eaten there a few times. It's nothing special -- anymore. Venice is a haven for crackheads, not bodybuilders anymore. Gold's Gym Venice is a disappointment now also. Aside for a few better known BB's or pro's, it's all homos.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »
Venice use to be a place where pros lived because 1) Golds Venice was the only serious gym with lots of equipment, and 2) Venice was a cheap place to live near the beach.  Neither of these are true any more.  There are lots of serious gyms throughout LA, and throughout the US.  And all the inexpensive run down bungalows have been replaced by multi million dollar condos.

It use to be that young aspiring bodybuilders would move to Venice to be where the action is.  That isn't happening any more.  At least not with people from the US.  In fact, most of the really big young guys I see at Gold's Venice are from Europe or Asia, here on (often expired) tourist visas.

As far as restaurants, I never understood the Firehouse.  Been there 6-7 times tops.  I much prefer Rose Cafe across the street.