Author Topic: PBW: The Inspiring Story of Greg Rando - Plus: Lonnie Teper (Listen Now)  (Read 8140 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Announcement #157

The Inspiring Story of Greg Rando (Replay Now Available)

Plus: Lonnie Teper

This Week on PBW:  As a teenager, a condition called retinitis pigmentosa cost Greg Rando his ability to see, but the story of this extraordinary IFBB Pro bodybuilder goes far beyond any perceived limitations.  Rando has emerged as one of the sport's most inspiring athletes since he rose to fame following an overall title at the Team Universe in 2001.  Since his dramatic professional debut at the Night of Champions, Rando has managed to improve his physique, while setting a new standard for perceverence and dedication.  Presented by MuscleTech, PBW presents The Inspiring Story of Greg Rando.  -- This weeks edition of bodybuilding talk radio also includes a visit with popular columnist Lonnie Teper.  Hear what LT has to say about his most recent handicapping triumph and get an early look inside "The Swami's" crystal ball.     

Visit PBW's New Broadcast Home:  www.ProBodybuildingDaily.com - (Replays available on-demand courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

The 2009 IFBB "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" - August 8th in Tampa, Florida (www.PBWProShow.com)

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine RFA-X, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle Fuel and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and the 2009 Olympia Weekend! (www.MrOlympia.com)

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
Re: PBW: The Inspiring Story of Greg Rando (Plus: Lonnie Teper) Monday
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:33:45 AM »
Met Rando once.  Great guy.  He looked really great from the pics posted when he competed last month.  Who does he train with and who does he lean on for comments about his physique? Pretty remarkable when you think about it.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 08:19:11 AM »
The question that Getbiggers want answered is this: Who injects the blind man with GH and insulin? Will you answer it on your show?

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »
How did he pick whoever it is he trusts to tell him if he's in shape, etc?  peaking at a show is tough, I can't imagine doing it without even knowing what i looked like

"Bodybuilding Without a Mirror"!
I

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Awesome Interview with Greg "The Legend" Rando!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
That guy is awesome.  He said he has never seen a photo of himself competing and only is a bodybuilder because it makes him feel great.  Bob Chick was asking him what he does in the gym between sets (since he cant look in the mirror).  Rando said he juts puts his head down and concentrates on the muscle he's working.  Fucking legendary.    I hope he wins one of these shows!  I wish he could see this thread.
I

io856

Re: Awesome Interview with Greg "The Legend" Rando!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »
thats wild... pretty much destroys any preconceived notions of why we train, diet and take drugs doesn't it

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
Greg lives up this way...he's a good dude and an inspirational bodybuilder.  8)
:)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
Greg lives up this way...he's a good dude and an inspirational bodybuilder.  8)

Stoneham Mass (own a gym there)

(I lived in stoneham for a few years)

Greg and i both avoid New Hampshire like the plague!                        ;)                          ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »
 :o

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
Its funny that some people here are amazed that not everyone looks in the mirror. At my gym (primarily a weightlifting gym, but also home to powerlifters and strength atheletes) pretty much the only point of using a mirror is to check on lifting technique, not to check out pecs, side trips, abs, etc etc.

We call the bodybuilders at our gym "mirror-boys" due to their constant checking of their bodies in the mirror. I feel like telling those guys sometimes who check out the mirror after each set, that they look just like they did after their previous set!. For me personally, I can appreciate bodybuilding as a sport also, so I an fine with it, but some of the lifters think its a bit gay, so my advice is for bodybuilders training in that kind of environment to keep the posing low-key. ;)

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »

looks kinda like a little bit smaller version bob chic

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 02:47:47 PM »
The question that Getbiggers want answered is this: Who injects the blind man with GH and insulin? Will you answer it on your show?

???

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
???

Thank goodness for quotes. My comment was deleted altogether.  ::)

Yes, it is inspiring when disabled folk break the law. Is that what you want to hear?  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Its funny that some people here are amazed that not everyone looks in the mirror. At my gym (primarily a weightlifting gym, but also home to powerlifters and strength atheletes) pretty much the only point of using a mirror is to check on lifting technique, not to check out pecs, side trips, abs, etc etc.

We call the bodybuilders at our gym "mirror-boys" due to their constant checking of their bodies in the mirror. I feel like telling those guys sometimes who check out the mirror after each set, that they look just like they did after their previous set!. For me personally, I can appreciate bodybuilding as a sport also, so I an fine with it, but some of the lifters think its a bit gay, so my advice is for bodybuilders training in that kind of environment to keep the posing low-key. ;)

it's bad enough when you catch a kid flexing in the mirror in the locker room, and he plays it off like he's checking his nose hair or something.

When they're compeltely serious and keep flexin in the mirror, all 170 pounds at 20% body fat, it's funny and sad at same time.