Author Topic: MSNBC's Shuster calls Obama a "Hypocrite" on plan to tax health benefits.  (Read 543 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Didn't Obama get on John McCain's case, claiming that the McCain plan would do that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Didn't Obama get on John McCain's case, claiming that the McCain plan would do that?

Yes he did. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I've avoided posting in any of the previous threads about this because I'm interested to see how this will play out. If he does end up going along with the tax, there's no getting around the fact that he's a liar. However, I think his office has submitted about three drafts trying to avoid this tax. I think that this could end up being a make or break issue and I'm pretty sure his crew knows that. I am wondering if they are just saying they will consider the tax just to keep discussions open.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
I've avoided posting in any of the previous threads about this because I'm interested to see how this will play out. If he does end up going along with the tax, there's no getting around the fact that he's a liar. However, I think his office has submitted about three drafts trying to avoid this tax. I think that this could end up being a make or break issue and I'm pretty sure his crew knows that. I am wondering if they are just saying they will consider the tax just to keep discussions open.

One way or another there is going to be a tax, maybe not directly on health care. There are endless possibilities, Pop, chips, candy anything that is deamed "unhealthy"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
One way or another there is going to be a tax, maybe not directly on health care. There are endless possibilities, Pop, chips, candy anything that is deamed "unhealthy"

I think it's more likely that the bill just won't go through. The only reason Repubs are supporting it is to use it against him in the next election, and possibly pork. There won't be bi-partisan support unless the tax is transparent.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

It's one of the last, if not the last pools of untouched money. Where else will they get the necessary funds for health care reform? Cap and Trade is ,thankfully, being contested so where else can they get money from?

It's gotten to the point where our Govt. is simply out of money.