Author Topic: Reverand Wiley Drake prays for Obama's Death  (Read 1163 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Reverand Wiley Drake prays for Obama's Death
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:20:20 AM »
from Alan Colmes radio show (yeah who knew he had a show) on June 9th:

--------------------------------------
Alan Colmes: When you say you are praying for the death of someone using imprecatory prayer, you then said — I asked, then, “for whom else are you praying in that fashion?” And you said “President Obama.” Are you praying for his death?

Wiley Drake: Yes.

Colmes: So you’re praying for the death of the president of the United States.

Drake: Yes.

Colmes: Do you, are you concerned that by saying that you might find yourself on some kind of a Secret Service call or FBI wanted list or, uh, do you think it’s appropriate to say something like that, or even pray for something like that?

Drake: I think it’s appropriate to pray the Word of God. I’m not saying anything. What I am doing is repeating what God is saying, and if that puts me on somebody’s list, then I’ll just have to be on their list.

Colmes: Uh, you would like for the president of the United States to die?

Drake: If he does not turn to God and does not turn his life around, I am asking God to enforce imprecatory prayers that are throughout the Scripture, uh, that would cause him, uh, death, that’s correct…. I think we’ll see, in the days ahead, other imprecatory prayers answered. God says clearly in his word that we are to continue to pray, and he will answer our prayers.
------------------------------

Who is Wiley Drake?

former vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention
ran on a presidential ticket last year with Alan Keyes
Anti-Gay and Anti-Abortion activist
Radio Host

What are his thoughts on the murder of Dr. Tiller?

"I am glad George Tiller is dead." He called Tiller “a brutal, murdering monster" and said he is "grateful to God" that the physician was killed

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Reverand Wiley Drake prays for Obama's Death
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Wiley Drake? Hey thanks for sharing but if it wasn't for you and the media I would have no idea who the assclown was, and he would remain irrelevant
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »
Wiley Drake? Hey thanks for sharing but if it wasn't for you and the media I would have no idea who the assclown was, and he would remain irrelevant

he's got his own radio show so he's already in the media and he's not an anonymous figure.   

maybe you should try expanding your source of news beyond Get Big

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:49:24 AM »
he's got his own radio show so he's already in the media and he's not an anonymous figure.   

maybe you should try expanding your source of news beyond Get Big

Yeah I get my news from getbig  ::), Oh wow he has a radio show, well whoopedy doooooo. Ok whats your point? He doesn't like Obama? He prays for his death, well why should that bother you? Your an athiest aren't you?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:59:06 AM »
Yeah I get my news from getbig  ::), Oh wow he has a radio show, well whoopedy doooooo. Ok whats your point? He doesn't like Obama? He prays for his death, well why should that bother you? Your an athiest aren't you?

the only reason this is a story is because of Wileys insane comments.

I'm not an atheist but that's not really relevent is it?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »
the only reason this is a story is because of Wileys insane comments.

I'm not an atheist but that's not really relevent is it?

Well yes it would be, if you were an athiet then why would praying to a "imaginary friend" be anymore offensive than praying to Mickey Mouse for Obama's death
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 08:13:23 AM »
Well yes it would be, if you were an athiet then why would praying to a "imaginary friend" be anymore offensive than praying to Mickey Mouse for Obama's death

praying is not offensive to me.

Why would anyone care if someone wants to pray to anything (god, the sun, your dog, etc..)?

It's the content of the public declaration that is offensive which is why this is even a story in the first place

Surely you see the distinction

Here's an idea - how about you comment on the topic rather than trying to attack me.

Do you feel it's an appropriate use the christian faith to publicy pray for the death of the President?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 08:25:06 AM »
praying is not offensive to me.

Why would anyone care if someone wants to pray to anything (god, the sun, your dog, etc..)?

It's the content of the public declaration that is offensive which is why this is even a story in the first place

Surely you see the distinction

Here's an idea - how about you comment on the topic rather than trying to attack me.

Do you feel it's an appropriate use the christian faith to publicy pray for the death of the President?

He can call himself whatever he wants, but anyone who is a true Christian knows the guys at best retarded.

That is why I pay not attention what these Charlatan's have to say.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:44 AM »
He can call himself whatever he wants, but anyone who is a true Christian knows the guys at best retarded.

That is why I pay not attention what these Charlatan's have to say.

glad to hear it.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:14 AM »
Well,Obama sat in a Church for 20 years and listened to a sawed off racist spew views that are just as insane.So,sorry,I cant get worked up over another religious nut.Are you upset at "dem jews" who wont let the good rev. see his pal?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
Well,Obama sat in a Church for 20 years and listened to a sawed off racist spew views that are just as insane.So,sorry,I cant get worked up over another religious nut.Are you upset at "dem jews" who wont let the good rev. see his pal?

Rev Wright revealed himself yet again to be a nutjob.

Why are there so many religious nutjobs?

Do you think religion makes them nutty or does religion just attrack nuts?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »

there's nuts in every walk of life.  Religion just gives them a way to voice it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
there's nuts in every walk of life.  Religion just gives them a way to voice it.

true but what is the motivation for Wiley or Rev Wrights nuttiness.

Wright seems like more of your run of the mill racist and general purpose wack job.

I'm wondering what the basis is for Drakes comments (this one and others).

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »

I think religion attracts nuts.Most are trying to make up for "past sins".They think that by now claiming Christ all is forgiven,all is well.Anyone who thinks screwing someone over is just forgives and forgotten by claiming Christ then,in my opinion,your nuts.You need to make it right with the guy you screwed.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »
How can a person who claims to be religions pray for the death of another?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
I think religion attracts nuts.Most are trying to make up for "past sins".They think that by now claiming Christ all is forgiven,all is well.Anyone who thinks screwing someone over is just forgives and forgotten by claiming Christ then,in my opinion,your nuts.You need to make it right with the guy you screwed.

I actually agree with you. 

I don't think religion attracts only nuts but there is a segment of the population that is fighting personal demons (addictions, compulsive behavour,etc..) who just sustitute relgious zealotry for their original problem.   Unfortunately I think these people tend to be the most vocal and judgemental and wind up drawing the negative attention and you never hear from much from the vast majority of moderates.  I think this is true for Islam too.  A law abiding, non-violent devout muslim does not make for much of a news story

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 12:36:15 PM »

Agree.
As empty as paradise