Author Topic: DRUDGE REPORT - ABC turns broadcast on Health Care over to Obama!  (Read 835 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
From Drudge
________________________ _______________

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda.
If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

Developing...

________________________ ________________________ _________________

The level of propoganda from the Media and WH to push governement run health care is unreal. 

No dissenting voices?????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: DRUDGE REPORT - ABC turns broadcast on Health Care over to Obama!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:14:01 AM »
The level of propoganda from the Media and WH to push governement run health care is unreal. 
No dissenting voices?????

just as disgusting as when FOX news used to have the same posted news agenda each day as the white house, all the way down to the typos.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »
just as disgusting as when FOX news used to have the same posted news agenda each day as the white house, all the way down to the typos.

Yes. 

The media is supposed to investigate and report on what the government is doing, not actively promoting the governments' agenda. 

You do understand how deceitful this whole thing is right????

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »
It's only wrong and deceitful when Fox News does it.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »
It's only wrong and deceitful when Fox News does it.

Quoted for absolute truth.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
LOL

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 10:33:34 PM »
I still don't see why people don't think healthcare for all is a good thing.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »

Gee golly gee wease dad! Wouldnt it be great if EVERYBODY could have ALL the healthcare they need!?

This is getting rediculous. This is NOT going to work.  The problem with healthcare is that there is too much government involved and that there is no efficient allocation of resources in the healthcare dollars. Because 85% of healthcare is payed for by either government or big employers, there is no incentive to weigh benifits with costs. As a result, prices go up! The first EASY thing to do is give either a tax subsidy or tax cut to individuals who dont have health insurance with employers. Then gradually phase out the tax cuts that corporations get to purchase healthcare for thier employees. Then set up specialized health courts and cap rewards for malpractive lawsuit rewards. THen allow health insurance plans to compete across state lines. Then set up health savings accounts where people have high deductables. All of this will contribute to creating a much more efficient allocation of resources, and prices will go down. Then we need to begin the tougher task of reforming medicare and medicaid.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »
Gee golly gee wease dad! Wouldnt it be great if EVERYBODY could have ALL the healthcare they need!?

This is getting rediculous. This is NOT going to work.  The problem with healthcare is that there is too much government involved and that there is no efficient allocation of resources in the healthcare dollars. Because 85% of healthcare is payed for by either government or big employers, there is no incentive to weigh benifits with costs. As a result, prices go up! The first EASY thing to do is give either a tax subsidy or tax cut to individuals who dont have health insurance with employers. Then gradually phase out the tax cuts that corporations get to purchase healthcare for thier employees. Then set up specialized health courts and cap rewards for malpractive lawsuit rewards. THen allow health insurance plans to compete across state lines. Then set up health savings accounts where people have high deductables. All of this will contribute to creating a much more efficient allocation of resources, and prices will go down. Then we need to begin the tougher task of reforming medicare and medicaid.

Funny how other countries do it, but the US apparently doesn't have the knowledge or ability.

So much for being the greatest country huh?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

So would a mansion, but we simply cant afford it.  We are already 9 trillion in debt and the plan that is being proposed does not cover everybody at the projected outrageous costs.

We need a free market solution, not a Post Office/DMV solution. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »
So would a mansion, but we simply cant afford it.  We are already 9 trillion in debt and the plan that is being proposed does not cover everybody at the projected outrageous costs.

We need a free market solution, not a Post Office/DMV solution. 

The free market solution has been going on for years and we're not the best health care in the world.

Why not? If the free market is the right way, then why hasn't it been working?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 10:19:42 AM »
The free market solution has been going on for years and we're not the best health care in the world.

Why not? If the free market is the right way, then why hasn't it been working?

You are kidding right????

We have massive govt involvement already.  Medicair and Medicaid set the private fee schedules for inasurance companies No 1. 

No 2, every state mandates what insurance carriers must cover under individual policies, thereby making less choice to the consumer. 

For example - in NY I was looking for a high deductible catosptrophic plan.  They dont have them in NY because the State Insurance Department wont allow it.  Everything must be covered thereby making all premiums very expensive. 

No 3., every state regulates the licenses and accreditation process.

The govt is the cause of the high costs, not the answer.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 10:35:54 AM »
You are kidding right????

We have massive govt involvement already.  Medicair and Medicaid set the private fee schedules for inasurance companies No 1. 

No 2, every state mandates what insurance carriers must cover under individual policies, thereby making less choice to the consumer. 

For example - in NY I was looking for a high deductible catosptrophic plan.  They dont have them in NY because the State Insurance Department wont allow it.  Everything must be covered thereby making all premiums very expensive. 

No 3., every state regulates the licenses and accreditation process.

The govt is the cause of the high costs, not the answer.    

I don't agree... as long as healthcare is a "business", the business will always try to profit... At the expense of the consumer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »
I don't agree... as long as healthcare is a "business", the business will always try to profit... At the expense of the consumer.

The same can be said of the TV business, computer business, gaming business, travel business, airline business, etc.

Just ask yourself one question:

Why is it that while the cost of TV's/Computers and other items get cheaper and better, the cost of health care gets worse and more expensive????

I also have a huge problem telling a doctor what he or she can make for a living after 10 years of schooling while not doing the same to a plumber/accountant/lawyer, etc.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »
The same can be said of the TV business, computer business, gaming business, travel business, airline business, etc.

Just ask yourself one question:

Why is it that while the cost of TV's/Computers and other items get cheaper and better, the cost of health care gets worse and more expensive????

I also have a huge problem telling a doctor what he or she can make for a living after 10 years of schooling while not doing the same to a plumber/accountant/lawyer, etc.    

It's not the private practices or the doctor salaries that are the problem... It's the corporations that run the hospitals. Doctors do well, sure... but their salaries aren't where the costs are... Not really.

I know why healthcare gets more expensive, because large corporations run all the hospitals and they are in the business of maximizing profits. Their costs aren't like the cost to manufacture and improve the microchip or a TV component... When the product is first released, it's got R&D and other items factored in... Once a certain amount are sold, then the cost is lowered, once it's saturated the market and the process is refined even more, the costs can be lowered again... Even  more so when everyone has one and no one needs a new one.

That's why PC chip makers make newer and faster and charge more for those, while lowering prices on the older models.

Hospitals and Pharmaceutical companies have no incentive to make prices lower... It's not required.

People don't get to say, "Oh, my kidney's are messed up, but I'll wait for a special at the doctor so I can pay less. 2 entirely different models.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
It's not the private practices or the doctor salaries that are the problem... It's the corporations that run the hospitals. Doctors do well, sure... but their salaries aren't where the costs are... Not really.

I know why healthcare gets more expensive, because large corporations run all the hospitals and they are in the business of maximizing profits. Their costs aren't like the cost to manufacture and improve the microchip or a TV component... When the product is first released, it's got R&D and other items factored in... Once a certain amount are sold, then the cost is lowered, once it's saturated the market and the process is refined even more, the costs can be lowered again... Even  more so when everyone has one and no one needs a new one.

That's why PC chip makers make newer and faster and charge more for those, while lowering prices on the older models.

Hospitals and Pharmaceutical companies have no incentive to make prices lower... It's not required.

People don't get to say, "Oh, my kidney's are messed up, but I'll wait for a special at the doctor so I can pay less. 2 entirely different models.

There is also a huge problem with people overusing the medical system for every damn sneeze, cough, and scrape. 

You have seniors who are bored and simply go to the doctor for tests because they are bored. 

There is no cost control or discipline in anything since either the carrier or the govt pay the bills.