Author Topic: Donald Trump as new owner of Raw?  (Read 4712 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Donald Trump as new owner of Raw?
« on: June 16, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »
There's been no clues as to where this is gonna go yet, so let's hear your best ideas as to how this storyline will pan out!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Donald Trump as new owner of Raw?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »
When Trump starts getting to big...
Vince will squash the story line  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:47:58 PM »
I want to know what Donald gets out of this.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

Face on TV?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:44:40 AM »
Face on TV?

That’s all I can come up with. He’s already got that with The Apprentice, but maybe he wants more airtime.
Things with Rosie have settled down.

Maybe he’s trying to expand his market horizon.
He and Vince have been buddies since at least the late 80’s when Trump Plaza played host to 2 Wrestle Mania's back to back.
I just never expected Donald to become a “full time” pro wrestling personality.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 09:06:23 AM »
I think Vince is gonna get more out of this than Trump will, with increased ratings, WWE being mentioned on the news channels, etc.

Here's my plan:

Trump takes over Raw, announces Steph as new GM.  Insists on having a 'hands-on' role as owner of Raw, and starts having an affair with Steph.  HHH finds out, and challenges Trump to a 'Last Man Standing' match at Summerslam.  Trump hires Macho Man, who has experience with adulterous women, to be his special enforcer at the match.  HHH wins at Summerslam after Vince interferes, knocks out Savage and slaps some sense into Steph.
Two weeks later, WWE releases the 'Trump Love Triangle DVD'.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
I think Vince is gonna get more out of this than Trump will, with increased ratings, WWE being mentioned on the news channels, etc.

Here's my plan:

Trump takes over Raw, announces Steph as new GM.  Insists on having a 'hands-on' role as owner of Raw, and starts having an affair with Steph.  HHH finds out, and challenges Trump to a 'Last Man Standing' match at Summerslam.  Trump hires Macho Man, who has experience with adulterous women, to be his special enforcer at the match.  HHH wins at Summerslam after Vince interferes, knocks out Savage and slaps some sense into Steph.

Hilarious thats funny shit, But it would be very entertaining LOL

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:13:14 AM »

Here's my plan:

Hi Vince Russo.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »
This can't be good... Trump has a tendency to bankrupt himself and his corporations every 15 years or so...
his next one is due pretty soon :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 05:39:24 AM »
Hi Vince Russo.

It's been a long time since Russo's come up with anything even remotely that good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »
If Russo’d had the financial resources, he would have brought in Jack Black & put the NWA strap on him when Nacho Libre was released.

Remember how he used David Arquette following Ready to Rumble?

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
If Russo’d had the financial resources, he would have brought in Jack Black & put the NWA strap on him when Nacho Libre was released.

Remember how he used David Arquette following Ready to Rumble?

That was so INCREDIBLY ignorent and total disrespect to EVERYONE in that locker room

BULL-SHIT

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
It was very degrading to the boys because it was almost like he was trying to prove that you can make anyone a champion – even someone from outside the business.

It’s the same as when they put the tag belt on Bagwell’s mother.

Vince could always make his titles mean something.
WCW’s titles lost any and all prestige/worth after Russo started with his shit.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »
It makes for a good build up to summer slam!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »
Anyone else got any good storyline ideas?!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »
Ya know,
A few years ago WWF had an application page on their site for creative writers. I’d written a few parodies and other ideas myself, and a buddy of mine really wanted me to apply, but I was more interested in the performance side of things.

I think you should save your ideas and charge $$ for them, Leon.
You could probably eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap better story lines than the old man is currently using.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
Ya know,
A few years ago WWF had an application page on their site for creative writers. I’d written a few parodies and other ideas myself, and a buddy of mine really wanted me to apply, but I was more interested in the performance side of things.

I think you should save your ideas and charge $$ for them, Leon.
You could probably eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap better story lines than the old man is currently using.

I'd be more than happy to supply the WWE with storylines, but I can't see that happening any time soon!  I don't think most of my ideas would work with this PG rating rubbish.

On a side note, a friend of mine has just made his debut in the ring, and has asked me if I'm interested in starting training with him, so maybe my ideas could be put to use in a much smaller arena!

beefedup

• Getbig I
  • St Louis is DA BOMB!
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

another addition to his ever growing kingdom...
b tru 2 u

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
I'd be more than happy to supply the WWE with storylines, but I can't see that happening any time soon!  I don't think most of my ideas would work with this PG rating rubbish.

On a side note, a friend of mine has just made his debut in the ring, and has asked me if I'm interested in starting training with him, so maybe my ideas could be put to use in a much smaller arena!

If you're only doing it for fun, no arena is ever too small.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
So Vince owns Raw again.  What was the point of this whole thing then?  It's a very expensive way to turn Vince heel, if that's what they're doing? 

Why not keep it going through to Summerslam, with Vince getting more and more annoyed each week as his 'owner' privileges are taken away.  Or let Shane/Steph come and tell him selling was a good idea, gives him more time to be a grandad, then he can challenge Trump, fall out with the family, etc.  (Even though it's been done before).

With the refunded tickets, the loss of advertising revenue to the network, the fall in WWE shares prices, this has cost millions to do.  So why do it?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »
this lame storyline was no big surprise, i'm just surprised by it's brevity. last time trump got involved with the wwe he actually kept it going for several monthes culminating in vince getting his head shaved.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »
Why did they end it so quickly? Did the old man puss out because his investors were freaked out & the stock dropped?

Maybe he needs to smarten them up.
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 05:31:05 AM »
The story lines now are getting ridiculous. Bringing in Trump...give me a break. And if you watched raw this past monday, Vince already squashed that story line. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish there. I agree with Mass, the attitude era of the 90's was the best. Guys like Austin, Mankind, The Rock, Angle all wrestling and wrestling through their injuries when they got injured. Not like the clowns now...Batista, Mysterio & Edge wrestle for three weeks and are out for 4 months with an injury.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »
They could have used this to turn Vince heel, put him into an partnership with Orton against HHH, starting something to go into Wrestlemania, maybe bring Shane in on HHH's side.  It's rehashing an old storyline, but at least it would have allowed them to do a longer build-up to something.  I'm getting tired of having a PPV every 3 weeks, and them not having the time/desire to build any decent rivalries.