Author Topic: High protein for maintaining muscle tissue?  (Read 1202 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
High protein for maintaining muscle tissue?
« on: June 17, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »
I was thinking, is it really that important to eat "right" for maintaining muscle mass? i look the same when i ate like shit (not much food, no high protein) for a few weeks because of being to busy with other things then bbing, as when i did have eaten quality protein meals.
whats your experience?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: High protein for maintaining muscle tissue?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »
I was thinking, is it really that important to eat "right" for maintaining muscle mass? i look the same when i ate like shit (not much food, no high protein) for a few weeks because of being to busy with other things then bbing, as when i did have eaten quality protein meals.
whats your experience?

For maintenance I would agree. I had to stop for half a year once and didn't really notice any loss from eating less protein.
I hate the State.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
yeah mass gaining is another story, however i do think high protein is overrated in bodybuilding as well.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:06:37 AM »
yeah mass gaining is another story, however i do think high protein is overrated in bodybuilding as well.

A lot of that comes from roids because when you juice your protein synthesis is increased dramatically where you can actually use 4 grams of protein per kg but as a natural I would have my doubt about that.
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »

That's good that you were able to hold onto your size without eating much at all. 

I'm still a hardgainer, despite the fact that my metabolism is a lot slower now than 15-20 years ago.  But if I stop getting enough food, my body will eat itself pretty quickly...can see it happen overnight, weird.

I'm committed to growing now, though, and have gained 20 lbs in 6 weeks. :)  I think I'm about capped out, though...I get tired more quickly now than 15 lbs ago and I don't 'feel' quite as strong, or at least not as strong as I ought to be at this weight.  I look better, though...for a schmoe, that is.  :D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
That's good that you were able to hold onto your size without eating much at all. 

I'm still a hardgainer, despite the fact that my metabolism is a lot slower now than 15-20 years ago.  But if I stop getting enough food, my body will eat itself pretty quickly...can see it happen overnight, weird.

I'm committed to growing now, though, and have gained 20 lbs in 6 weeks. :)  I think I'm about capped out, though...I get tired more quickly now than 15 lbs ago and I don't 'feel' quite as strong, or at least not as strong as I ought to be at this weight.  I look better, though...for a schmoe, that is.  :D

are you talkingabout your girlfrend? cause you dont have a single muscle tissue gram

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »

are you talking about your girlfrend? cause you dont have a single muscle tissue gram

LOL

Although not nearly in the league of the average beginner GetBigger, I'm in damn good shape for a schmoe now.  I've been working out and eating right...cuz being a schmoe pimp ain't as easy as it used to be.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »
you have black genes Tre, if i were you id train my ass off.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
A certain protein intake is required, but with a rather normal western diet you will probably meet that requirement.
Everything else is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:13 PM »
A certain protein intake is required, but with a rather normal western diet you will probably meet that requirement.
Everything else is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Also sprach Zarathustra wavelength...
I hate the State.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
if i had your body id be touching myself all day long penislength.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »

Black genes=usually good
I hate the State.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 12:08:01 PM »
For a natural even 1 g/Kg should be enough to maintain teh muscle (if the resistance training is adequate of course).

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »

;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »
you have black genes Tre, if i were you id train my ass off.

I know, man...I've literally wasted years of having good genetics.  But, unfortunately, my genetic strengths are limited to structure only.  I gain muscle more slowly than just about anyone I know (including the ex-wife!).  I just need to be consistent with the training and food in order to have a good shape.  I'm not going to say I look 'good' now - at least not by GetBig standards(!) - but if you'd seen what a tub of fucking shitlard I was back in November, you'd be amazed by the transformation.     

Thank god for my hatred of fat people.  When I saw that fatass staring back at me in the mirror, I knew it was time to make some wholesale changes. 

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
Depends what you consider high.

I think being more consistent 5-6 times a day with decent levels is much better. I've tried going high and until i went down to around 150 grams a day tops i was always getting high liver counts.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:30 PM »

Why don't you have some of your bber girls, hook you up with the good supplements?
HAHA, RON.....

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 03:24:07 PM »
I feel huge difference when i eat good amount of protein and when i dont.

Vorkosigan

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 03:32:36 PM »
You don't see the difference because :

1) we talk about weeks, not months, not years, you're not an icecube or something
2) you can't see the difference
3) your calories intakes are the same or even higher. So even if you lose muscle, the fat you added hide the lost (put in simple words)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »
Little Debbie's and Mt. Dew.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
Why don't you have some of your bber girls, hook you up with the good supplements?

While it's always possible that I might someday decide to start doing steroid cycles, right now, the (legal) risk is too great.  I'm committed to the battle for decriminalization of AAS, but not having any local connections, it would be difficult for me to find a situation where I could just show up someplace once or twice a week to get a shot. 

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
I haven't touched a weight in probably 15 weeks now.

eating once or twice a day

Prob under 50 grams protein per day

Don't really look any different to when I was lifting

Weight lifting and high protein diet = overrated