Author Topic: Food Inc - Official Trailer [HD] release date 6 12 09  (Read 2659 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Food Inc - Official Trailer [HD] release date 6 12 09
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

will have to check this out.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Food Inc - Official Trailer [HD] release date 6 12 09
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
Hereford I hope like HELL you are watching this video... It answers the very things I was discussing in regards to genetically modified foods. So you think there is no problem in eating thiis stuff or problems with the pesticides and herbicides in america...I am just waiting for people to begin growing horns on their heads, having hooves for feet, noses turning in to snouts and walking on all fours....
C

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »
Hereford I hope like HELL you are watching this video... It answers the very things I was discussing in regards to genetically modified foods. So you think there is no problem in eating thiis stuff or problems with the pesticides and herbicides in america...I am just waiting for people to begin growing horns on their heads, having hooves for feet, noses turning in to snouts and walking on all fours....

Check out China, they have cats growing wings
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Gonna check that out.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
Food writer Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food, and Robert Kenner, the director of the new documentary Food INC., discuss the upcoming film.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2009/06/09/segments/133795

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »
Food writer Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food, and Robert Kenner, the director of the new documentary Food INC., discuss the upcoming film.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/bl/episodes/2009/06/09/segments/133795

w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:25:51 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
I own all of his books and have read them all, but Pollan is certainly misinformed on a number of points, particularly Nutritional Values of products.

His demonization of the food industry is appalling since it is not based on fact.  The real problem is simply overeating and over consumption of calories.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 02:08:36 AM »
I own all of his books and have read them all, but Pollan is certainly misinformed on a number of points, particularly Nutritional Values of products.

His demonization of the food industry is appalling since it is not based on fact.  The real problem is simply overeating and over consumption of calories.
says the idiot who diets with ice cream and twinkies,,,  STFU TA...  You're embarrassing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:50:14 AM »
says the idiot who diets with ice cream and twinkies,,,  STFU TA...  You're embarrassing.
I eat anything I like and am leaner and bigger than you will ever be.

Care to post pictures and compare?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »
I eat anything I like and am leaner and bigger than you will ever be.

Care to post pictures and compare?
Post your picture when you're older.  With that diet you will look like a sack of dog shit.  It's easy to do when you're younger.  You think you have it all figured out.  You haven't figured out shit moron.  You're delusional.  You're embarrasing.  You're a stupid sack of shit who will look like ass in your 40s and after.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
You haven't figured out shit moron. 

hahahahah  ;D

one my favorite lines to use.  :D

I still have to see this movie, to see what their agenda is, what their solutions are etc. . I'm undecided. I'm no fan of big agri-business.

Have you ever tasted the difference between farm grown and grocery store? Huge difference dude. Don't doubt for a second grocery stores are selling nutrient deficient fruits, veggies and meats.

Hate the grocery store. .. I should add this to my pet peeves  :P

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
Post your picture when you're older.  With that diet you will look like a sack of dog shit.  It's easy to do when you're younger.  You think you have it all figured out.  You haven't figured out shit moron.  You're delusional.  You're embarrasing.  You're a stupid sack of shit who will look like ass in your 40s and after.
You are not very intelligent and it clearly shows.

Exit question:  What is your excuse for looking so poorly?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »
You are not very intelligent and it clearly shows.

Exit question:  What is your excuse for looking so poorly?

Hey, Mo Howard called, he wants his hair cut back
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »
hahahahah  ;D

one my favorite lines to use.  :D

I still have to see this movie, to see what their agenda is, what their solutions are etc. . I'm undecided. I'm no fan of big agri-business.

Have you ever tasted the difference between farm grown and grocery store? Huge difference dude. Don't doubt for a second grocery stores are selling nutrient deficient fruits, veggies and meats.

Hate the grocery store. .. I should add this to my pet peeves  :P

I buy all my produce from a major local Farmers Market.  Easy to do in NC.  There is no, ZERO, taste difference if the variety is the same and if freshness is equal.

In fact, some varieties of agri-business crops will yield more nutritious fruits as they have been bred to express the alleles for higher vitamin content.  The same is also true for taste as they have the resources to express alleles that we recognize as tasting great.

Local farmers also purchase many of their seeds of the same variety or even from agri-business so you may even be getting the same crop.

Organic foods are also not any better than non-organic.  

With that said, I support local in that I support my local economy as well as the environmental impact of food travelling less.  Nutritionally and taste, there won`t be a difference, especially if you are not familiar with the actual seed or the history of any crop.

I subscribe to the heritage seed catalog and have a side hobby tracking down the histories of strains of crops.  I find it very interesting.

For instance, every chef KNOWS that Yukon Gold Potatoes are by far the best to use in cooking, for any Potato Dish.  No chef will EVER use any other Potato.Well Yukon Gold`s are relatively new, being developed in 1981 at the University of Guleph in Canada.  You see, our food supply is enhanced greatly by taste and nutrient content via direct breeding and artificial selection.

ORIGIN: Released jointly by Agriculture Canada and the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada in 1981. Yukon Gold was selected from a cross between W5279-4 (a yellow-fleshed diploid hybrid of Solanum phureja and haploid cv Katahdin) and Norgleam. It was tested under the pedigree G6666-4Y.
CHARACTERISTICS: Yukon Gold has medium-early maturity (late in the mid-Atlantic Region of the U.S.), moderate yields, moderate specific gravity and relatively attractive tuber type. Plants are medium-large to large and upright. Stems are purplish but are more green in the upper portion of the plant. Leaf petioles extend downward. Nodes are not swollen. Leaves have a distinct terminal leaflet with four pairs of primary leaflets which are largest near the terminal leaflet. Secondary leaflets vary from two on lower leaves to 6-8 on upper leaves, usually in pairs. The number of tertiary leaves also increases from lower to upper leaves. Flowers are violet to light-violet with yellow anthers. Tubers slightly oval, may be somewhat flattened with yellow-white skin and light yellow tuber flesh. Its shallow, pink eyes distinguish Yukon Gold from other yellow-skinned, yellow-fleshed cultivars.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES: Yukon Gold is resistant to mild mosaic, moderately resistant to leafroll virus and susceptible to virus Y, common scab and air pollution. In some growing areas, hollow heart and internal heat necrosis may be a problem. Yukon Gold retains the yellow flesh color when baked, boiled or french-fried. The attractive tubers are well suited for fresh marketing. Plant establishment is irregular, particularly from basal seed pieces. Pre-cut or whole seed is used in some areas to improve plant stands.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
Hey, Mo Howard called, he wants his hair cut back
LOL...  TA gets extra Twinkie money by just doing bowl haircuts on his own...

Hey TA, how long did it take you to cut that swastika stencil for your T-Shirt :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
LOL...  TA gets extra Twinkie money by just doing bowl haircuts on his own...

Hey TA, how long did it take you to cut that swastika stencil for your T-Shirt :D

bwhahahaha!!