Author Topic: 50 YRS OLD FEMALE IN NEED OF SIMPLE WEIGHT LOSS DIET  (Read 1725 times)

bunch

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
50 YRS OLD FEMALE IN NEED OF SIMPLE WEIGHT LOSS DIET
« on: June 18, 2009, 02:19:03 PM »
I'm at 50 yr old mother looking a diet that I can use to loose some weight.  I have started working out and I need a simple basic diet that I can follow thats healthy and will allow me to loose some weight.  I have 20 pounds too loose to reach my goal weight.  Please let me know if you have something I would really appreciate it.

w8m8

Re: 50 YRS OLD FEMALE IN NEED OF SIMPLE WEIGHT LOSS DIET
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:22:35 AM »
20 lbs isn't much ... what's your diet like now ?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:42:19 AM »
I'm at 50 yr old mother looking a diet that I can use to loose some weight.  I have started working out and I need a simple basic diet that I can follow thats healthy and will allow me to loose some weight.  I have 20 pounds too loose to reach my goal weight.  Please let me know if you have something I would really appreciate it.

post your diet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
post your diet.

and photo.  Even blur out your face for anonymity

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
and photo.  Even blur out your face for anonymity

NO way, no photo please!!

Dude, she's 50 and overweight, as much as we all want to help her, we don't actually need to see it!!!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:19 AM »
Just cut out the refined sugar, keep daily cals under 2000, and walk everyday on a treadmill.

You don't need to count cals once you get the ball rolling, you'll know how to ball park it.

Be patient, you're post menopausal and it will take time to see real results.

bunch

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
Maybe even more then 20..30lbs? ....My diet is poor right now .. I eat whatever whenever.  I was just wondering if somebody could give me a sample diet to follow ..Thanks for all the responses.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 01:37:24 AM »
Maybe even more then 20..30lbs? ....My diet is poor right now .. I eat whatever whenever.  I was just wondering if somebody could give me a sample diet to follow ..Thanks for all the responses.

there is no such thing as a sample diet you could follow.

you need YOUR diet. and by the way, diet means, changing your habits forever, there's no such thing as "now i eat only pineapple for 6 weeks and look like Heidi Klum".

The basic advices are moderate amount of complex carbs, lots of veggies, lots of chicken breast, fish, low fat milk, yoghurt, even more veggies, fish oil caps.

Absolutely NO sugar, NO alcohol, NO fast food, NO microwave food, NO simple carbs like white bread, white rice.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 05:36:23 AM »
I think the lady is asking for an example (sample) of what other people use.

But DK is correct - a diet isn’t something you’re on or off; it’s your normal eating habits.

Pick good eating habits, stick with them, and you’ll start seeing long term results.
That's the only way "long term" works.

And Kong offers some good guidelines - particularly avoiding simple/processed carbs.

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 06:15:14 AM »
cup of coffe
chicken breast sandwich (whole wheat bread, salad, omega3 mayo)

protein shake with low fat milk
50g almonds

chicken/lean beef/lean pork + sweat potato + salad

chicken/lean beef/lean pork + salad

protein shake with low fat milk
50g almonds

This is an example, you can personalize it. Make sure you drink enough water. Do cardio 3-4x times a weak, and weight training if you want, it would speed up the fat loss. You can try intervall cardio, its not so borring.

Rob.

• Getbig IV
  • It's easy being Dr. Kaos!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »
If you back out once to the main page for Nutrition, Products...... Near the top you will find a couple of post that can help. Basic Nutrition, Bodybuilding Foods and Sample Bulking and Cutting Diets come to mind. 

I understand your trying to drop weight, and one miss conception is Bodybuilding Food is just for that, however it just a better, healthier way to eat.

Try to do alittle more cardio then you normally do. EX - If you are already doing :30 X 3 days a week, Do interval training for 2 of those.

Try to watch what you eat in the later times of you normal day, and before bed.

Anymore questions?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »

You could try this:

Meal 1:

6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:

about 5 oz chicken breast w/ about 5oz sweet potato

Meal 3:

Protein shake

Meal 4:

Orange Roughy, steamed asparagus and 1/2 c. brown rice

Meal 5:

4 egg whites, 1/2 apple

Meal 6 (optional)

Protein shake

It was something like that.  No butter, no sauces etc.  I would use I can't believes it's not butter spray and one packet of splenda and some ground cinnamon on my oatmeal.  I would use ~ one T. of flax oil and one packet of splenda in my brown rice.   Sometimes I had strawberries in my shake or had Ezekial toast in place of the 1/2 apple.  I also sprinkled some balsamic vinegar on my chicken and sweet potato meal.

R