Author Topic: The Reason Why Muscles Don't Grow With Low Volume.  (Read 43516 times)

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
Re: The Reason Why Muscles Don't Grow With Low Volume.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
Australian scientist have confirmed Arthur Jones was right all along, one set per exercise is all thats needed.
http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/onesettraining.htm

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
everyone should do low volume  ;D
A

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
your muscles and calcium bone mass grows simultaneously eating meat depletes calcium

Eating too much protein in general Johnny, depletes calcium, the body has to use it to deal with all the excess.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
I disagree completely.  You think a 230 Flex Wheeler has more muscle on his frame than a 350lb. Strongman competitor?  No way.  

Wow. You can't read. It is appaling. I said that when you adjust for height, bone size and bodyfat, the bodybuilder will have more muscle mass proportionally even if his absolute muscle mass is smaller. Wow, you're dumb.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Australian scientist have confirmed Arthur Jones was right all along, one set per exercise is all thats needed.
http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/onesettraining.htm

Another genius who can't read. The study states that for increasing strengh, one set is all that's needed. I never disputed this. My point is that for increasing mass one-set-to-failure sucks. Go back to seventh grade.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »
 Wow. You can't read. It is appaling. I said that when you adjust for height, bone size and bodyfat, the bodybuilder will have more muscle mass proportionally even if his absolute muscle mass is smaller. Wow, you're dumb.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Hey dipshit, look at football players and other athletes in sports such as track & field.  They carry lots of muscle.  And nice theory about adjusting for proportionality - way too many variables there to call me dumb because I disagree with this "theory" you have pulled out of your ass!  I doubt Mariusz Pudjianowski carries less muscle than Flex no matter how many "adjustments" you make.  ::)

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »
Royal Lion, you're new here, I'll let you in on something,
Suckymymuscle is getbigs laughing stock who suffers from severe insecurity issues and tries to cover it up by various means, one of them is being a know it all wannabe scientist.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
Eating too much protein in general Johnny, depletes calcium, the body has to use it to deal with all the excess.

yep thats why you see so many shitty physiques on supposobly good diets

all that protien does NOT fill you out

neither do just eating any carbs
A

suckmymuscle

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »
Hey dipshit, look at football players and other athletes in sports such as track & field.  They carry lots of muscle.  And nice theory about adjusting for proportionality - way too many variables there to call me dumb because I disagree with this "theory" you have pulled out of your ass!  I doubt Mariusz Pudjianowski carries less muscle than Flex no matter how many "adjustments" you make.

Your condescending attitude doesen't suit you, because you're a stupid person. So I think you should tone down a little.

As for your point, yes, Wheeler or any other bodybuilder does carry more muscle when you adjust for height, bone structure and bodyfat. And Mariusz is a special case, because he trains like a bodybuilder and not like a pure powerlifter. I've seen him doing up to five sets of squats pyramiding down from 12 reps in the first to three in the last, while resting no more than a couple minutes between sets, and that's hardly powerlifting training. He also does exercises like dumbbel curls that no powerlifter cares to do. Even so, he doesen't carry as much mass in relation to his natural size as a pro bodybuilder.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
Royal Lion, you're new here, I'll let you in on something,
Suckymymuscle is getbigs laughing stock who suffers from severe insecurity issues and tries to cover it up by various means, one of them is being a know it all wannabe scientist.

You can't even understand the studies you post, and I'm supposed to be offended by what you have to say? Fail. You realize now what an ass you look for having me correct and dismiss your "proof", not with evidence from another study, but simply by pointing out that your study doesen't even claim what you think it does. Brutal self-ownage, idiot. You must feel great about yourself now. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 05:41:52 PM »
 Your condescending attitude doesen't suit you, because you're a stupid person. So I think you should tone down a little.

As for your point, yes, Wheeler or any other bodybuilder does carry more muscle when you adjust for height, bone structure and bodyfat. And Mariusz is a special case, because he trains like a bodybuilder and not like a pure powerlifter. I've seen him doing up to five sets of squats pyramiding down from 12 reps in the first to three in the last, while resting no more than a couple minutes between sets, and that's hardly powerlifting training. He also does exercises like dumbbel curls that no powerlifter cares to do. Even so, he doesen't carry as much mass in relation to his natural size as a pro bodybuilder.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Are you kidding? Have you seen the size of Mariusz? Along with many other strongmen?

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 05:42:42 PM »

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »
  You can't even understand the studies you post, and I'm supposed to be offended by what you have to say? Fail. You realize now what an ass you look for having me correct and dismiss your "proof", not with evidence from another study, but simply by pointing out that your study doesen't even claim what you think it does. Brutal self-ownage, idiot. You must feel great about yourself now. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Read what I wrote again,
including the article.
"The Physician and Sports Medicine agrees. In a comparison of several different studies, only one found that multiple sets elicited greater strength gains than single set training, while the other studies found no significant difference. Conclusion? You can get a great workout using single-set training methods, as long as you focus on quality, not quantity. "

Brutal self-ownage, idiot. You must feel great about yourself now. ;D ;)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »
Are you kidding? Have you seen the size of Mariusz? Along with many other strongmen?

Have you seen the size of Mariusz bones? Are you aware that he's over 6'1, whilst the average pro bodybuilder is 5'8? Sure, he probably has more absolute mass than most pros - except for guys like Ruhl, Ronnie, etc -, but he is smaller proportionally.

And again, Mariusz doesen't train like a powerlifter nor does he do one-set-to-failure, so using him as an example is futile.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 05:47:11 PM »
Read what I wrote again,
including the article.
"The Physician and Sports Medicine agrees. In a comparison of several different studies, only one found that multiple sets elicited greater strength gains than single set training, while the other studies found no significant difference. Conclusion? You can get a great workout using single-set training methods, as long as you focus on quality, not quantity. "

You must feel great about yourself now. ;D ;)

Ah, reassures me that I'm not crazy for using a two set pre-exhaust training method.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »

not fair because strongmen have incredible genetics and muscle to begin with.. pro bodybuilders have to struggle with horrible genetics. ::)

again.. dont compare pro anything.. take the average gym rats and i bet the guy with the biggest squat has the biggest legs.

suckmymuscle has been reading way to many flex articles.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »
 Have you seen the size of Mariusz bones? Are you aware that he's over 6'1, whilst the average pro bodybuilder is 5'8? Sure, he probably has more absolute mass than most pros - except for guys like Ruhl, Ronnie, etc -, but he is smaller proportionally.

And again, Mariusz doesen't train like a powerlifter nor does he do one-set-to-failure, so using him as an example is futile.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yes but what I'm saying is that the guy is far more muscular than 95 percent of bodybuilders. Forget the training method it took to get there.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »
Read what I wrote again,
including the article.

I already told you to go back to seventh grade. Again, the quote you posted mentions strengh, not muscular size. Where is a quote claiming that one-set-to-failure elicits greater muscle mass gains than multiple sets? Yeah, I thought so. You got owned again in the same way. Damn, you truly are a Mensa member. :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »
Yeah, surely Mariusz became the leading world strongman by focusing on multiple sets of dumbell curls and cable flyes.  And what about football players and track & field athletes??  Also, Dorian has always asserted that he gained the most muscle doing HIT training.  

Your shit attitude is based on nothing but far-reaching speculation.  If you adjust for this and for that and then some more of this, then Flex Wheeler has more muscle than a strongman who outweighs him by 80 lbs and is lean.  Oh brother!

Also, today's bodybuilders look like shit for 90% of the year anyways - their muscle comes from drugs and I highly doubt the amount of volume they do makes much of a difference.  As long as a muscle is damaged via training and then repaired, it will grow.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »
not fair because strongmen have incredible genetics and muscle to begin with.. pro bodybuilders have to struggle with horrible genetics. ::)

again.. dont compare pro anything.. take the average gym rats and i bet the guy with the biggest squat has the biggest legs.

suckmymuscle has been reading way to many flex articles.

Ha, exactly. A guy who can one rep max a bench press at 600 pounds is 100 percent going to have a bigger chest and arms than a guy who can one rep max at 300 pounds, I don't care how many sets or weider-principles he uses with that 300 pounds.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Yes but what I'm saying is that the guy is far more muscular than 95 percent of bodybuilders. Forget the training method it took to get there.

In terms of absolute muscle mass or proportionally? Because in the latter case, it's probably the result of steroid and GH use and not the training method. Change these guys training to multiple sets with lower weights and more reps, whilst keeping their drug protocols, and their muscular size will explode.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
 I already told you to go back to seventh grade. Again, the quote you posted mentions strengh, not muscular size. Where is a quote claiming that one-set-to-failure elicits greater muscle mass gains than multiple sets? Yeah, I thought so. You got owned again in the same way. Damn, you truly are a Mensa member. :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

again, please read the article.
"and size"
 You got owned again in the same way. Damn, you truly are a Mensa member. :P

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Yes - alert to all powerlifters, stop wasting your time lifting heavy weights for less than 6 reps.  If you really want to grow, start doing 5 sets of 15 reps with lighter weights.  You'll explode!!!!  In fact, if we adjust for water retention, bodyfat levels, bone structure, and height, you'll have more muscle. ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
Yeah, surely Mariusz became the leading world strongman by focusing on multiple sets of dumbell curls and cable flyes.

Where did I say this, genius? I said he also does these exercises, not that he does them exclusively. My point is that using Mariusz's muscular development as evidence that powerlifting training works for mass is redundant because:

1. He uses drugs.

2. He doesen't train like a powerlifter.

And what about football players

"Sigh"

and track & field athletes??

Track and field athletes train like powerlifters, genius? Again, how does this stupid argument disprove my point?

Also, Dorian has always asserted that he gained the most muscle doing HIT training.  

He built his foundation with multiple sets. That's a fact. And after 9 years of training, he had such neuromuscular efficiency that he could stimulate growth with a single set. And Dorian did more than 6 reps per set, which is more than what powerlifters do. And he was on massive doses of drugs. Again, you have done nothing to disprove my point that powerlifting training doesen't work for mass. Fail.

Your shit attitude is based on nothing but far-reaching speculation.

No shit, genius. Where did I claim otherwise? Read my first post in this thread and I state that these are my speculations. You are also speculating with your retarded ideas, but the difference is that my speculation is more intelligent than yours.

If you adjust for this and for that and then some more of this, then Flex Wheeler has more muscle than a strongman who outweighs him by 80 lbs and is lean.  Oh brother!

I am almost giving up on making you understand this, but I'll give your dumb ass one last chance. The powerlifter who is over 6'4 with a huge frame has more muscle than Wheeler. Yes! Yes! Yes, idiot. My point is that Wheeler has more muscle mass proportionally to his height and frame. Why can't you understand this simple concept? :-\

Also, today's bodybuilders look like shit for 90% of the year anyways - their muscle comes from drugs and I highly doubt the amount of volume they do makes much of a difference.  As long as a muscle is damaged via training and then repaired, it will grow.

The strongmen you use as example are also on drugs, so you have no point to make - as always. And the bodybuilder in off-season has as much bodyfat as the powerlifter but proportionally a lot more muscle. Again you...fail.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »
Yes - alert to all powerlifters, stop wasting your time lifting heavy weights for less than 6 reps.  If you really want to grow, start doing 5 sets of 15 reps with lighter weights.  You'll explode!!!!

You are one spiteful dumbass, you know that?

SUCKMYMUSCLE