Author Topic: What's the prop rule on stage?  (Read 1022 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
What's the prop rule on stage?
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:48:23 AM »

What's the rule regarding props on stage?  I thought props of any and all kinds were banned.  I remember years ago near the end of his routine Kevin Levrone pulled out a little American flag from his trunks and waved it around to cheers from the audience.  This was not at a guest posing but at a real contest. 

Here we see Branch with a prop of his own and again it is at a real contest.  Don't they get marked down for this?  Do different federations/contests have different rules for props?  Should single item props be allowed?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: What's the prop rule?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:49:52 AM »
What's the rule regarding props on stage?  I thought props of any and all kinds were banned.  I remember years ago near the end of his routine Kevin Levrone pulled out a little American flag from his trunks and waved it around to cheers from the audience.  This was not at a guest posing but at a real contest.  Here we see Branch with a prop of his own and again it is at a real contest.  Don't they get marked down for this?  Do different federations/contests have different rules for props?  Should single item props be allowed?

That year Kevin did that it pushed him over the top over a better competitor in Nasser.  Nasser was easily the winner but Kevin pulled that bullshit that got the whole crowd cheering and won the contest.  I remember them showing that contest on ESPN. Those were the days.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »
poppers

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »
the prop rule and all other rules of the IFBB are whatever the judges say they are.  They change from contest to contest and from competitor to competitor.  If you are one the IFBB's chosen bottom bitches, you could probably ride in on a llama and not get knocked down for it.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »
Rusty Jeffers was penalized because his enormous moustache was considered a prop.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
the prop rule and all other rules of the IFBB are whatever the judges say they are.  They change from contest to contest and from competitor to competitor.  If you are one the IFBB's chosen bottom bitches, you could probably ride in on a llama and not get knocked down for it.

:'(

Where exactly are these rules written down anyway?  I remember hearing once that implants that appear to make a muscle look larger are not permitted but we've all seen that on stage as well.  Is there an official rule book online that we can peruse--even different rule books for different federations--or is it really as lawless as emn1964 says? ???

Alex23

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:27:48 AM »
Rusty Jeffers was penalized because his enormous moustache was considered a prop.

;D

io856

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:39:06 AM »
propionate

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 09:40:48 AM »
Grapefruits are allowed.
As empty as paradise

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What's the prop rule on stage?
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »

That is a good question.

Regarding the NPC in California, they don't allow props on stage.

But when I went up to Seattle for the Emerald Cup, the promoters there did allow props on stage, for the evening rounds, and it made it more entertaining.

At one time, the IFBB did allow props, but I am not sure what the rule is for 2009.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »

That made me lol  ;D

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »
HAAAAAHAHAHA

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:36 AM »
at least 150mg per day

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »

That is a good question.

Regarding the NPC in California, they don't allow props on stage.

But when I went up to Seattle for the Emerald Cup, the promoters there did allow props on stage, for the evening rounds, and it made it more entertaining.

At one time, the IFBB did allow props, but I am not sure what the rule is for 2009.

I think a single item prop should be allowed for evening shows (not the prejudging).  Obviously, you don't want guys walking out with a set designer in tow or a bag full of accessories but a well chosen, single item prop could greatly add to the entertainment value during what is essentially the entertainment round.  Branch's book jacket (above), Kevin's flag, or a helmet are good examples.  Props can add to the appeal of a show especially when chosen in conjunction with appropriate music.  :)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »
I think a single item prop should be allowed for evening shows (not the prejudging).  Obviously, you don't want guys walking out with a set designer in tow or a bag full of accessories but a well chosen, single item prop could greatly add to the entertainment value during what is essentially the entertainment round.  Branch's book jacket (above), Kevin's flag, or a helmet are good examples.  Props can add to the appeal of a show especially when chosen in conjunction with appropriate music.  :)

So, Kamali's Terminator suit would be ok with you?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
So, Kamali's Terminator suit would be ok with you?

Anything that distracts from his physique could only help.  ::)