Author Topic: My workout routine from today + my training philosophy (need some opinions)  (Read 426 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
I dont have a regular routine, on the ride to the gym i decide exactly what im going to do. I spend 30 min. tops in the gym.

today:

biceps:

dumbell curls
2 warmup sets
final set 22 kg dumbells for 9 reps each to fuckin failure
20 seconds rest
preacher curl dumbells, no warmups
16 kg dumbells to failure, i repped out 15X  plus a few beyond failure with assistance of the other hand.

1 MINUTE REST proceed to delts

Delts:
Havent trained them in a while so had to use less poundage.

2 warmups for dumbell press, working the weight up with 10 sec rest between ( why lose time resting when its just a warmup, i use low reps ( why lose energy on high reps, the purpose is just to prevent injury as you go to your working intensity set)

2 min rest

then did 30 kg dumbells for 10 reps, didnt go to failure but decided it was enough, cause i didnt do the excersise for 3/4 weeks.

30 sec rest

1 warmup set for lateral raises
1 working set to failure

2 min resting and psyching myself up for the grueling calf raises''

1 monster set, very strict movement all the way up and down, low weight 60 kg for 33 strict reps, the movement is textform, slow, total strech at the bottom and as high as possible on the way up

NO REST

Did some heavy and big reps quad extensions

end of workout

I worked the muscles close to their limits, and im able to repeat it in 2 days from now, if i want to, probably will do some other excersizes.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
sounds great as long as it produces results

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V

if you eat correct you can get tremendous results with this, but life is not all about drinking proteinshakes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

good post, as long as your advice helps him improve.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
if you eat correct you can get tremendous results with this, but life is not all about drinking proteinshakes.

that's true

good post, as long as your advice helps him improve.

i've had good results with many different training methods, if progress stalled, I switched to a different one

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

i've had good results with many different training methods, if progress stalled, I switched to a different one
thats a good method to follow, as long as its producing the body you wish for.

(by the way im just fucking with you and mocking your first post)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
IMO:

HIT training should be done for biceps, calves, delts/traps and chest.

In some way i feel quads and especially triceps need a lot more working sets and excersizes.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
IMO:

HIT training should be done for biceps, calves, delts/traps and chest.

In some way i feel quads and especially triceps need a lot more working sets.

it depends. try everything.  sometimes it doesnt make sense what works best. by arms like alot of volume. my legs, particularly quads, like only a few workign sets, very very heavy weight. 

but then again... every now and then i fin out that switching things up is bett3er. as wavelength said.

the best routine is probably the one which you havent done for the longest amount of time.