Author Topic: Just finished reading this book.  (Read 1816 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: Just finished reading this book.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »
I've read a long list of BB related books in my time. Some of the best I've read are Encyclopedia of Modern BB by Arnold, Education of a BB by Arnold, and Gorilla Suit by Bob Paris.

Any useful tips you can share that enlightened you during the read, Alex? Anything new you're thinking of experimenting with?
~

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
I've read a long list of BB related books in my time. Some of the best I've read are Encyclopedia of Modern BB by Arnold, Education of a BB by Arnold, and Gorilla Suit by Bob Paris.

Any useful tips you can share that enlightened you during the read, Alex? Anything new you're thinking of experimenting with?
chris aceto = high carbs, high protein, low fat. basic meals = steak, rice, veggie. chicken, potatoe, veggie. egg white(one or two yolk), oatmeal, veggie.    that kind of stuff.

Alex23

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »

HAhahahah @ "Gorilla suit" I forgot about this one. I love the metaphor, especially coming from Bob Paris.

Several!!  Lots I already knew but some new stuff too!

-How "no carbs" for a prolonged amount of time doesn't make sense
-How increasing your muscle mass instead makes shedding fat easier by increasing your BMR
-That any other set than a maximum effort set is a waste of time as sub maximal effort sets do not require all the muscle fibers in each muscle to come into play; already knew that but good to be reminded :)
-That I am fat ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »

-That any other set than a maximum effort set is a waste of time as sub maximal effort sets do not require all the muscle fibers in each muscle to come into play; already knew that but good to be reminded :)

That's kind of an ambiguous statement. Does he mean a set to failure when he says maximum effort? When you do a set at 80% 1RM all motor units are activated from the first rep.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
chris aceto = high carbs, high protein, low fat. basic meals = steak, rice, veggie. chicken, potatoe, veggie. egg white(one or two yolk), oatmeal, veggie.    that kind of stuff.

Sounds like common sense health foods.

HAhahahah @ "Gorilla suit" I forgot about this one. I love the metaphor, especially coming from Bob Paris.

Several!!  Lots I already knew but some new stuff too!

-How "no carbs" for a prolonged amount of time doesn't make sense
-How increasing your muscle mass instead makes shedding fat easier by increasing your BMR
-That I am fat ;D

Yeah, Gorilla Suit was actually well written and an enjoyable read. He kept the gayness down to a simmer, which I appreciated. lol

Sounds like good shit. All I knew from my past reading and personal experience. Low carbs makes me deteriorate.

I think the most underrated things I've picked up from BB books were the exercises fixed bar extensions, and bodyweight leg curls with ankles tied below the padding on a lat pulldown bar. Both have been staples since.
~

Alex23

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
That's kind of an ambiguous statement. Does he mean a set to failure when he says maximum effort? When you do a set at 80% 1RM all motor units are activated from the first rep.

Maximum effort I guess... your max for 12 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps... etc... doing 8 reps when you could do 12 is a waste of time...