Author Topic: How are Nubret and Harold Poole doing?  (Read 3252 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
How are Nubret and Harold Poole doing?
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
Did they not both recently suffer strokes?

Any one know ?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How are Nubret and Harold Poole doing?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »
as far as i know both guys are alright. according to ironage. poole is supposed to be still competing in atlantic city in the masters contests.
F

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »
as far as i know both guys are alright. according to ironage. poole is supposed to be still competing in atlantic city in the masters contests.

Jeez
Poole was fantastic in the 60's...one of the first olympia entrants...held back because of his color...according to Katz et al

I fear for him to enter a show...he looks far, far off

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »
Jeez
Poole was fantastic in the 60's...one of the first olympia entrants...held back because of his color...according to Katz et al

I fear for him to enter a show...he looks far, far off

Are you saying Joe Weider is racist towards blacks?  Are you antisemitic?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »

Do you read books Mattc?  Read "Muscle, Smoke & Mirrors" by Randy Roach

The book is only 600 pages but is a great read
D

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »

if you had any knowledge
as you masquerade here as some sort of intellectual

you'd know that Joe Weider was the first to put a black man on the cover of his magazine

the man was Leroy Colbert

So, the answer is no

you little flea

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Howard Poole claims he never touched Dianabol.... ::)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
To cut a long story short and to stop the rumors available on the internet, we have decided to publish this official statement concerning Serge Nubret's health state.

http://www.sergenubret.com/

On March 19 2009, our father was discovered home, in a coma by firemen. He was immediately transfered to the Lariboisiere hospital. Since that, Serge Nubret is under the supervision of the hospital's medical staff. For now, the diagnosis is a
hypoglycemic coma probably due to a malfunction of the pancreas. The explorations continues while Serge Nubret is in rehabilitation. We will keep you informed of any change in its health state.

Meanwhile, we suspend the website.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

His children.

MarkusV

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »

Alright!? - You call 'not able to move or talk,only make noise' alright !?

Serge have been moved to another hospital in France,he would still get better threatment in the US,he can't move,he can't talk..he can only make "noises"

this is the latest update:

"when I was there and visited him in his room, i was not the only one, sometimes I was there on my own, sometimes with some of his friends or his family...
Alot of the time anybody could just walk into his room without the hospital staff even knowing you were there, and could do anything because Serge is struggling to move, and there is a lady who is a family friend, who Serge personally hates... and this woman was in his room most days from what I saw... without supervision from the hospital staff... so I would like to get him some protection/security at least."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
Howard Poole claims he never touched Dianabol.... ::)
Maybe she touched him?

She was quite the whore back then.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

Serge have been moved to another hospital in France,he would still get better threatment in the US,he can't move,he can't talk..he can only make "noises"

"when I was there and visited him in his room, i was not the only one, sometimes I was there on my own, sometimes with some of his friends or his family...
Alot of the time anybody could just walk into his room without the hospital staff even knowing you were there, and could do anything because Serge is struggling to move, and there is a lady who is a family friend, who Serge personally hates... and this woman was in his room most days from what I saw... without supervision from the hospital staff... so I would like to get him some protection/security at least."

How is the woman "a family friend" if Serge hates her? 

If some lady is trying to hurt Serge, why haven't trusted family members taken shifts to sit in the room in order to protect him if necessary?

Also, why the quotes?  Who's behind the update?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
Posted June 13, 2009 Shawn Perine Senior Writer for Flex Magazine and creator of IronAge.us

http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php/topic,20309.60.html

I've been in on a series of over 50 emails over the last few weeks in which I've learned that Serge may or may not be held captive in a Parisian hospital by his daughter, who is poisoning him, at the behest of Jacqueline and his son, who is either a transvestite or transsexual. I'm not making any of this up.

Oddly, the emails, which came several a day, every day, for weeks, suddenly stopped last week. I need to check in and see what's up.

Basically a small group of people believe the above story to be true and they provided video of a frail old man in a hospital bed they say is Serge. I can't tell, but John Brown thinks it could be. John and Serge have been friends for nearly 30 years.

I'll try to keep everyone posted should I learn anything more in this bizarre saga.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
Posted 6/06/09 on BodyBuilding.com by "Tommy1988" who claims to be a close long time friend of Serge. The plot thickens....

Hi guys,

I spent a week in Paris not long ago to see Serge myself, I have been trying to get him help since I came back, because he needs it. I can say with some confidence that the updates we got before were all lies... I read him the card as he could not himself. He was touched by the messages from the people and fans here, but he is not happy in hospital. He is not in a very good condition and I am more than worried, I am concerned about how he is being treated there. I am concerned about the whole thing, the discreetness, everything. I spent 4-5 days with him.

I can briefly explain that he is not able to talk, he only makes noises.. He cannot move.
What has been done to him was not explained to me by anybody. I was actually in so much shock the first time I saw him that I cried in front of him and did not even sleep that night. I am not making it up, this is not a happy situation. I wish I could do more.. I'm sorry for not posting earlier, I was unsure of what to report back here.

A Lot of people have now been informed of what Serge is going through, I hope he gets the necessary treatment to make a full recovery, because I was not sure if he was getting that when I saw him. He was not being encouraged to move, he was either in bed or sat down in a chair when I saw him. I was informed recently that he has now been moved to L'hopital Fernand Widal.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »
Has anyone spoken to hospital staff or to some french agency that handles elder-abuse cases? (don't forget Serge is now 70)

Seriously, man, I pray someone's doing something if this is true.

MarkusV

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »

How is the woman "a family friend" if Serge hates her? 

If some lady is trying to hurt Serge, why haven't trusted family members taken shifts to sit in the room in order to protect him if necessary?

Also, why the quotes?  Who's behind the update?

I don't think the family care to be honest,they ruin Serge's business right now beacuse his book is done and ready to be shipped (should be out a time ago),but they don't ship it or give the money back to the ones ordered..

That Tommy1988 is for real by the way,he also said they just let him lying there without encourage him to get better..

A legend like this should get proper threatment.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
if you had any knowledge
as you masquerade here as some sort of intellectual

you'd know that Joe Weider was the first to put a black man on the cover of his magazine

the man was Leroy Colbert

So, the answer is no

you little flea

I agree.  So what did you mean by this?:

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 10:21:06 PM »
I don't think the family care to be honest,they ruin Serge's business right now beacuse his book is done and ready to be shipped (should be out a time ago),but they don't ship it or give the money back to the ones ordered..

So it seems his own family may be out to hurt him?

Surely, he has enough trusted friends in Paris to protect him.  Who are his closest friends over there? 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »

I like you Matt C but bigger issues are of more concern right now. We're talking Serge Nubret here and he could very well be left to die if he doesn't get help.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »
Do you read books Mattc?  Read "Muscle, Smoke & Mirrors" by Randy Roach

The book is only 600 pages but is a great read

Randy knows his stuff for sure.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:51 AM »

indeed
I'd rather be treated on the floor of an outdoor cafe in calcutta tghan to go to any other hospital than in USA

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 05:34:47 AM »

it means exactly what it means
Katz empathized with him...he was subject to racism as were many blacks back then

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
Randy knows his stuff for sure.

Yes, he does! I am waiting for Volume Two to come out
D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
Any update on Serge? he was a great champion

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »
his family seems to be trying to kill him, and the frog authorities are blissfully unaware

other than that, i'm sure he's doing swell

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 10:43:51 AM »
The murderous family theory seems a little far fetched, but who knows.  Very sad circumstances for a guy that achieved one of the greatest physiques of all time.  Hope some getbiggers in Paris can look in on him.