Author Topic: The President Hosts a Young Mens BBQ to Celebrate Fatherhood  (Read 2741 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
The President hosts a Young Mens Barbeque at the White House for students from local schools to discuss the importance of fatherhood and taking personal responsibility. He is joined by well-known fathers from across the country, as well as everyday fathers who have successfully managed to fulfill their obligations. All of these men serve as exemplary examples of the spirit of fatherhood, and can serve as examples for these young men and men across the country. June 19, 2009.
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: The President Hosts a Young Mens BBQ to Celebrate Fatherhood
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
No one cares.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »
No one cares.
No one cares about fatherhood?  ??? News to me.
Just because you are a bastard child doesn't mean you can take your bitterness out on the rest of us.  :D
!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 09:30:42 AM »
He is joined by well-known fathers from across the country, as well as everyday fathers who have successfully managed to fulfill their obligations.

Wow amazing, to think that we need to have a BBQ at the white house to explain what any person with half a brain already knows. Maybe its just me, but I have children and it never once crossed my mind to not fulfill my obligation.
If this is what it has come to in this country, that a "common sense seminar" has to be hosted by the president then we are doomed.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »
Wow amazing, to think that we need to have a BBQ at the white house to explain what any person with half a brain already knows. Maybe its just me, but I have children and it never once crossed my mind to not fulfill my obligation.
If this is what it has come to in this country, that a "common sense seminar" has to be hosted by the president then we are doomed.

Next week he'll host a barbecue for people who recently learned that it makes hygienic sense to wipe their ass after taking a shit. Benny received an invitation.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
Next week he'll host a barbecue for people who recently learned that it makes hygienic sense to wipe their ass after taking a shit. Benny received an invitation.

haha nice one! :D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
haha nice one! :D
Nice one...for dummies.   :P
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »
The President kicked off a national conversation about the importance of fatherhood today at a White House town hall meeting afterwards. The President was joined in the discussion by well-known fathers from across the country, national and community organizations, young students, as well as five outstanding fathers from diverse backgrounds. These men shared their stories of their commitment to fatherhood and personal responsibility, covering everything from the struggles of balancing work and family to the importance of family dinners.

Following their stories, the President discussed the vital role of fathers in their families and their communities. He said he hopes this conversation will spark a national dialogue about fatherhood in America, which will inspire participants to fulfill their obligations and become positive role models in their own communities.

The message was clear – fathers can make a world of difference in the lives of our children. The President explained that while government can do a lot to help people, it simply cannot take the place of a father in a child’s life:

And when fathers are absent -- when they abandon their responsibilities to their children -- we know the damage that that does to our families.  Some of you know the statistics:  Children who grow up without fathers are more likely to drop out of school and wind up in prison.  They’re more likely to have substance abuse problems, run away from home, and become teenage parents themselves.
And I say this as someone who grew up without a father in my own life.  I had a heroic mom and wonderful grandparents who helped raise me and my sister, and it's because of them that I'm able to stand here today.  But despite all their extraordinary love and attention, that doesn’t mean that I didn’t feel my father's absence.  That's something that leaves a hole in a child’s heart that a government can't fill.

That's why it is time for all men to step up and be responsible fathers. The President went on to explain that while you don’t have to be a perfect father, you always need to try.  He emphasized that sometimes the smallest moments are the most important.  He discussed how his father gave him his first basketball and took him to his first jazz concert.  Although his father was not a large part of his life, these little moments had a lasting impact.  The President said his own father’s absence helped teach him to take responsibility and be a better father himself:

If we want our children to succeed in life, we need fathers to step up.  We need fathers to understand that their work doesn’t end with conception -- that what truly makes a man a father is the ability to raise a child and invest in that child.
We need fathers to be involved in their kids’ lives not just when it’s easy -- not just during the afternoons in the park or at the zoo, when it’s all fun and games -- but when it’s hard,  when young people are struggling, and there aren’t any quick fixes or easy answers, and that's when young people need compassion and patience, as well as a little bit of tough love.
Now, this is a challenge even in good times.  And it can be especially tough during times like these, when parents have a lot on their minds -- they're worrying about keeping their jobs, or keeping their homes or their health care, paying their bills, trying to give their children the same opportunities that they had.  And so it's understandable that parents get concerned, some fathers who feel they can't support their families, get distracted.  And even those who are more fortunate may be physically present, but emotionally absent.   
I know that some of the young men who are here today might have their own concerns one day about being a dad.  Some of you might be worried that if you didn’t have a father, then you don't know how to be one when your turn comes.  Some of you might even use that as an excuse, and say, "Well, if my dad wasn’t around, why should I be?"
Let’s be clear:  Just because your own father wasn’t there for you, that’s not an excuse for you to be absent also -- it’s all the more reason for you to be present.  There’s no rule that says that you have to repeat your father’s mistakes.  Just the opposite -- you have an obligation to break the cycle and to learn from those mistakes, and to rise up where your own fathers fell short and to do better than they did with your own children.
That’s what I’ve tried to do in my life.  When my daughters were born, I made a pledge to them, and to myself, that I would do everything I could to give them some things I didn’t have.  And I decided that if I could be one thing in life, it would be to be a good father.

The White House plans on continuing this conversation in a series of regional town halls on the importance of fatherhood and personal responsibility. The goal is to find and emphasize what works to address these challenges, and how we can work together to strengthen our efforts as families, communities, and as a nation.
!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:12 PM »

EXACTLY
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »
EXACTLY

Well yeah.  But our race has been lacking in common sense in one form or another since the beginning of time.  What else is old?

I think it was good thing he did. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I thought Democrats didn't do the whole "Family Values" thing.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:55:17 PM »
Shouldn't Obama throw a BBQ for the "brothas" instead? ;)
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I thought Democrats didn't do the whole "Family Values" thing.

Only Repubs. do the family values thing in public.  In private they commit adultery.  
The Dems just commit adultery in public.  In private they worship Hitler.
 :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »
Only Repubs. do the family values thing in public.  In private they commit adultery.  
The Dems just commit adultery in public.  In private they worship Hitler.
 :D

Hitler? I thought their Obama statutes were the items in which they fall prostrate.

Actually, what Obama's doing is great in my book. I just hope Jesse Jackson isn't at the picnic.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
Its should be common sense, but it isn't anymore to many.  Obama is doing something good here, hopefully this sparks organizations throughout the nation to force young males to accept their responsibilities and change behaviors.  We must not accept young males running out on their kids and families as normal.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »
Hitler? I thought their Obama statutes were the items in which they fall prostrate.

Actually, what Obama's doing is great in my book. I just hope Jesse Jackson isn't at the picnic.
Yeah, that would be a good way to totally lose value from it.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

I think Obama should hold a workshop for late night comedians instead.

Losers like Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno et al needs to work on their delivery IMO.

As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
Well yeah.  But our race has been lacking in common sense in one form or another since the beginning of time.  What else is old?

I think it was good thing he did. 

OK Bill Cosby  ;D
S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 05:35:46 PM »
Yeah, that would be a good way to totally lose value from it.

Actually, the concern was for the Obama family jewels, after Jesse's tirade, the last time Obama did the Fathers' Day thing.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »
OK Bill Cosby  ;D

Ah... the good ol' Bill Cosby days...

Clifford playing basketball with Theo, Ruby being small and cute, Vanessa being smart and popular, then that eldest sister Sondra moving out so we never saw her.

Also Lisa Bonet making a nude scene in some low budget movie, destroying the picket fences.

Those were truly the days.

I remember back then, I too wanted to have a black neighbor to play basketball with.

It seemed so cool.

As empty as paradise

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »

salty much?

correct me if im wrong, these are adolescent minds

stay mad

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:19 AM »
salty much?

correct me if im wrong, these are adolescent minds

stay mad

The government has been doing everything it can to destroy the family for years. The whole it takes a village to raise child crap. Maybe I'm just a little cynical, but whenever you mention the government and its's for the children the BS flag goes up.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
The government has been doing everything it can to destroy the family for years. The whole it takes a village to raise child crap. Maybe I'm just a little cynical, but whenever you mention the government and its's for the children the BS flag goes up.

Exactly.Everytime these idiots want to pass a stupid bill[like their dumb ass health care plan]or have congressional hearings they ALWAYS justify if by saying "its for the kids".I wouldnt want Obama to talk to my kid for 5 seconds about anything.Anyone that shows such little sense to sit in Rev. Wrights church for twenty years,has NOTHING to add to my sons life.