Author Topic: Is anyone following the NON-troversy going on with Off Topic??  (Read 905 times)

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
i was wondering if anyone actually knew what was going on....over at RX apparently they took down this weeks Off Topic show with Milliard Baker.....and i was wondering why purely for gossip whoring reasons.

what fucking assholes they are over there.....banning people like they are still back at MD, and can still afford to lose forum members, not publishing interviews when there is an owner from another website being interviewed.  what fragile ego's.....i love watching those assholes crash and burn....i mentioned before the other day i clicked on their forums to try to find out what happened to the OT show and they have like 150 different forums with no one viewing them and 46 people viewing their main forum.....HAHA

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Is anyone following the NON-troversy going on with Off Topic??
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:08:11 PM »
Dave and John saw how well Wayne DeMillia made out striking out on his own they decided to try it thenselves.  After all, the bodybuilding industry is a free-market economy, not a closely-controled oligarchy of established players, right?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

One of my boys got banned, but he said fuck 'em and left. I'm still there, though.

The forum has potential to be interesting from controversy and informational standpoints, but I don't see them having the potential to be 'cool' like GetBig. For example, I've gotten tons of great info in the masters bb section, but their Pit absolutely sucks.    

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »
another thing that i thought was funny is they are trying to make their fortune on the scraps of the bodybuilding world......they are covering all the local and qualifier shows that dont have companies like Weider and MD attached to them....basically they are trying to be the home of the second and third teir of the bodybuilding world

but the funny thing is that there is barely a market for the first teir, how the hell do they think they are gonna survive ??? ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
another thing that i thought was funny is they are trying to make their fortune on the scraps of the bodybuilding world......they are covering all the local and qualifier shows that dont have companies like Weider and MD attached to them....basically they are trying to be the home of the second and third teir of the bodybuilding world

but the funny thing is that there is barely a market for the first teir, how the hell do they think they are gonna survive ??? ???

90% of the money in the industry ultimately comes from supplement sales.  Why would a supp company pay to advertise on their marginal, low-traffic site, especially in this economy, when they're already paying for ads with Weider and MD?

Maybe Dave can make a go of it with his Species line, but I can't see "RXMuscle" ever becoming a profit center.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
whoa whoa whoa.... there are other boards?  ???
\

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »
MethodGNA- Thanks for noticing... RxMuscle wasn't the only site to take down show #22 with Millard Baker.... Apparently he really pissed some people off!

(No one in this industry wants to loose their press passes or have limited access to events!)
A

io856

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:12:02 AM »
he didn't really say anything too out there

triceptor

• Getbig II
  • Co-Host of OFF TOPIC Radio
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 05:13:04 AM »
he didn't really say anything too out there

You're right. There just seems to be a hypersensitivity to anything that might be construed as negative towards the IFBB in light of the recent negative publicity that people are over reacting. Anyone can hear past episodes of OFF TOPIC by using the RSS feed here -  http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/ot/OT.xml  or go to iTunes and search for OFF TOPIC. I think if you listen to episode 22 nothing new was talked about.

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »
i was wondering if anyone actually knew what was going on....over at RX apparently they took down this weeks Off Topic show with Milliard Baker.....and i was wondering why purely for gossip whoring reasons.

The deletion/banning/censoring of my posts on a handful of bodybuilding forums is due to one of two factual statements that I've made:

(1) Jim Manion had revoked my press credentials for the Arnold Classic due to my articles connecting steroid use by bodybuilders with the IFBB/NPC; and

(2) Lee Thompson had been indicted on federal steroid conspiracy charges.

The irony is that the IFBB/NPC may have used the threat of revoking press credentials to pressure those bodybuilding forums which resulted in deletion of news that did not reflect positively on the IFBB/NPC.

“News is what somebody somewhere wants to suppress; all the rest is advertising.” Lord Northcliffe
SteroidEducation.com

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
what fucking assholes they are over there.....banning people like they are still back at MD, and can still afford to lose forum members, not publishing interviews when there is an owner from another website being interviewed.  what fragile ego's.....i love watching those assholes crash and burn....i mentioned before the other day i clicked on their forums to try to find out what happened to the OT show and they have like 150 different forums with no one viewing them and 46 people viewing their main forum.....HAHA

Most of the people behind these bodybuilding websites are good people. I know them and they simply have to do what they have to do. Unfortunately, websites that are highly dependent on IFBB/NPC contest coverage for their income and success must follow the demands of IFBB/NPC to suppress unfavorable news. This is the price of obtaining press credentials in this organization(s).
SteroidEducation.com