Author Topic: if you travel back in time to starting college?  (Read 1307 times)

charles123

• Getbig II
if you travel back in time to starting college?
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:29:22 PM »
What would you do?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: if you travel back in time to starting college?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
bang more chicks

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
study.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
I dunno, maybe go get me a nice lunch at a local diner....or a cup of coffee at my favorite shop while reading the newspaper.

Perhaps catch up with friends and family, talk about old times....these sorts of things.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:30 PM »
\

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
Go to school out of state and major in something that actually produced a job..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:50:53 PM »
Dropout earlier.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »
Go to school out of state and major in something that actually produced a job..

The biggest predictor of success in college is whether or not you can go to school away from your parents...I know from personal experience that living at  home and going to college is a setup for failure.  Total immersion is required by some people.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 10:32:01 PM »
Yep and to compound my situation. I went to a HBCU. Not the best learning facilities then but the tuition was cheap back in the early 90's and i paid out of pocket so no loans for me.. I'ts high tech as hell now. But I just did'nt get the multicultural experience I would need..

you were sheltered

Nizar

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 10:36:55 PM »
The biggest predictor of success in college is whether or not you can go to school away from your parents...I know from personal experience that living at  home and going to college is a setup for failure.  Total immersion is required by some people.

I wouldn't say a failure because it cuts down on rented apts/utilities and food etc. I was living close to campus and spent a lot on rent and utilities. Had to have two part time jobs to help settle bills.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 11:03:15 PM »
Dropout earlier.

Haha Team drop out FTW!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:33:33 PM »
What would you do?

Short-sell Enron stock in mid-2001, and buy oil futures the week before Katrina shut down production in the gulf.  Oh, and also bet the winner in every major sporting event from 1988 on.    ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 11:45:48 PM »
i would certainly do better my best and get much better grades, at a later age i actually became interested in learning things.
the only reason i was on school was to have fun and had zero interest in anything that had to do with getting to know things. unfortunately.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 11:54:06 PM »
i would certainly do better my best and get much better grades, at a later age i actually became interested in learning things.
the only reason i was on school was to have fun and had zero interest in anything that had to do with getting to know things. unfortunately.

This thread isnt titled  "Tell us your life story" jackass.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »
I wouldn't say a failure because it cuts down on rented apts/utilities and food etc. I was living close to campus and spent a lot on rent and utilities. Had to have two part time jobs to help settle bills.

You didn't have parents who were success saboteurs,...my mom and dad had made up their minds when I was a toddler that I would be the one who would never move away and always be available to "help" them. 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 01:33:06 AM »

dont worry stud, youre quite big nowadays.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
Yep and to compound my situation. I went to a HBCU. Not the best learning facilities then but the tuition was cheap back in the early 90's and i paid out of pocket so no loans for me.. I'ts high tech as hell now. But I just did'nt get the multicultural experience I would need..

Yeah, if I where several hundred miles from mom and dad, lived on campus, and totally concerned myself with going to school, I am sure that it would have made a difference with me.  
One of the problems I had was dys-graphia, I couldn't hand write fast enough to take cogent notes.  What progress I made was from sheer hyper-lexia.  After 3-4 semesters I couldn't keep up just from my easy facilities with visual memory, I needed notes.  After the first week of a term, I was hopelessly behind with paper work.  If I lived on campus and totally immersed myself, without regard for having to go home and ease "momma's anxiety", I think I could have made it.