Author Topic: Obama's ENTIRE agenda is "Dead on Arrival" and needs a "Hail Mary Pass"  (Read 1918 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't blame Obama and if you looked at what is claimed as the math you probably wouldn't either:

from the New York Times (and this is not a favorable article on Obama by any means):

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/business/economy/10leonhardt.html

"You can think of that roughly $2 trillion swing as coming from four broad categories: the business cycle, President George W. Bush’s policies, policies from the Bush years that are scheduled to expire but that Mr. Obama has chosen to extend, and new policies proposed by Mr. Obama.

The first category — the business cycle — accounts for 37 percent of the $2 trillion swing. It’s a reflection of the fact that both the 2001 recession and the current one reduced tax revenue, required more spending on safety-net programs and changed economists’ assumptions about how much in taxes the government would collect in future years.

About 33 percent of the swing stems from new legislation signed by Mr. Bush. That legislation, like his tax cuts and the Medicare prescription drug benefit, not only continue to cost the government but have also increased interest payments on the national debt.

Mr. Obama’s main contribution to the deficit is his extension of several Bush policies, like the Iraq war and tax cuts for households making less than $250,000. Such policies — together with the Wall Street bailout, which was signed by Mr. Bush and supported by Mr. Obama — account for 20 percent of the swing.

About 7 percent comes from the stimulus bill that Mr. Obama signed in February. And only 3 percent comes from Mr. Obama’s agenda on health care, education, energy and other areas.

If the analysis is extended further into the future, well beyond 2012, the Obama agenda accounts for only a slightly higher share of the projected deficits."

LOL it took bush 8 years to do that damage lets go off those numbers, and well attribute say 10% from the bush policies that obama continued to both obama and bush so bush is at 43% after 8 years and obama is at 20% after 5 months...problem is and you know this straw this isnt the end of his spending or bailouts or government programs that will suck money out, God forbid we get involved in another military conflict of some sort...trust obamas policies and programs will add more to the debt of this country then any other president.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL it took bush 8 years to do that damage lets go off those numbers, and well attribute say 10% from the bush policies that obama continued to both obama and bush so bush is at 43% after 8 years and obama is at 20% after 5 months...problem is and you know this straw this isnt the end of his spending or bailouts or government programs that will suck money out, God forbid we get involved in another military conflict of some sort...trust obamas policies and programs will add more to the debt of this country then any other president.

where are you getting these #'s?

did you read the link or even my post?

???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
where are you getting these #'s?

did you read the link or even my post?

???
bush
- About 33 percent of the swing stems from new legislation signed by Mr. Bush
- Mr. Obama’s main contribution to the deficit is his extension of several Bush policies, like the Iraq war and tax cuts for households making less than $250,000. Such policies — together with the Wall Street bailout, which was signed by Mr. Bush and supported by Mr. Obama — account for 20 percent of the swing.

to be fair i attributed 10% of the 20% of the last one to each

making bush's contribution after 8 years to the 1.2 trillion dollar swing in projected deficit 43%(33+10)

obama

- Mr. Obama’s main contribution to the deficit is his extension of several Bush policies, like the Iraq war and tax cuts for households making less than $250,000. Such policies — together with the Wall Street bailout, which was signed by Mr. Bush and supported by Mr. Obama — account for 20 percent of the swing.
- About 7 percent comes from the stimulus bill that Mr. Obama signed in February. And only 3 percent comes from Mr. Obama’s agenda on health care, education, energy and other areas.

Making obamas contribution to the 1.2 trillion dollar swing in the projected deficit 20%(10+10) in 5 months

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
bush
- About 33 percent of the swing stems from new legislation signed by Mr. Bush

to be fair i attributed 10% of the 20% of the last one to each

making bush's contribution after 8 years to the 1.2 trillion dollar swing in projected deficit 43%(33+10)

obama

- About 7 percent comes from the stimulus bill that Mr. Obama signed in February. And only 3 percent comes from Mr. Obama’s agenda on health care, education, energy and other areas.

Making obamas contribution to the 1.2 trillion dollar swing in the projected deficit 20%(10+10) in 5 months

so Obama's portion is ~ 7% at best and he (and congress) should just eliminate all of the Bush era contributions to the deficit (tax cuts, Iraq/Afghanistan, etc.)?

for once you and I agree

tonymctones

• Getbig V
so Obama's portion is ~ 7% at best and he (and congress) should just eliminate all of the Bush era contributions to the deficit (tax cuts, Iraq/Afghanistan, etc.)?

for once you and I agree
LOL not quite i apologize i was off obama is at 17% after 5 months, sorry hoss you cant wipe your hands off a bill you helped write, you drummed up support for and you helped get passed the bailouts are as much his as it is bush's and all the ones that took place after bush and all the ones that will take place in the future...LOL you really dont think we are done do you? He just today wouldnt rule out the possibility of ANOTHER STIMULUS BILL...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL not quite i apologize i was off obama is at 17% after 5 months, sorry hoss you cant wipe your hands off a bill you helped write, you drummed up support for and you helped get passed the bailouts are as much his as it is bush's and all the ones that took place after bush and all the ones that will take place in the future...LOL you really dont think we are done do you? He just today wouldnt rule out the possibility of ANOTHER STIMULUS BILL...

what bill is @ 17%

are you including the bush bailout of the banks,  bush tax cuts, and  bush wars?

what exactly did obama add that equals 17% in 5 months

I'm open to your argument but I'm just not following your math

tonymctones

• Getbig V
what bill is @ 17%

are you including the bush bailout of the banks,  bush tax cuts, and  bush wars?

what exactly did obama add that equals 17% in 5 months

I'm open to your argument but I'm just not following your math
Im sorry i was right the first time  :-X its 20%

there is 10% from the continued bush policies i say 10% b/c the entire number is 20% so i attributed 10 to each bush and obama. The remaining 10% is from his actions with the stimulus and his new programs etc...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Im sorry i was right the first time  :-X its 20%

there is 10% from the continued bush policies i say 10% b/c the entire number is 20% so i attributed 10 to each bush and obama. The remaining 10% is from his actions with the stimulus and his new programs etc...

wow 10%

that huge!

About 7 percent comes from the stimulus bill that Mr. Obama signed in February. And only 3 percent comes from Mr. Obama’s agenda on health care, education, energy and other areas.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
wow 10%

that huge!

LOL again sorry hoss you dont get to help write, drum up support for and help get passed the bailouts and then wipe your hands, you dont get to continue with bush's actions and say its his fault(ill concede iraq/afghan since you cant just pull out tomorrow) although that was a campaign promise  :P...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
either way it took bush 8 years to add whatever he did to the 1.2 trillion dollar deficit its taken obama 5 months to add what he has to it...you do the math

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
either way it took bush 8 years to add whatever he did to the 1.2 trillion dollar deficit its taken obama 5 months to add what he has to it...you do the math

Bush accounts for 90% over his 8 years.

Obama's stuff is estimated @ 7-10% and most of the spending (7%) was the stimulus bill which was an attempt (in progress/results unknown) to repair the fatal blow that 8 years of Bush policies did to the economy so really Obama only has ownership of 3%.

If Bush has left Obama a surplus (as Clinton did for Bush) then Obama would probably be @ 0% or less than that.

You should read the entire article.  It's not a puff piece for Obama and in fact it's critical that Obama is not doing more to reduce the deficit but it's clear that the problem is 97% + a result of 8 years of Bush

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Obama's stuff is estimated @ 7-10% and most of the spending (7%) was the stimulus bill which was an attempt (in progress/results unknown) to repair the fatal blow that 8 years of Bush policies did to the economy so really Obama only has ownership of 3%.

If Bush has left Obama a surplus (as Clinton did for Bush) then Obama would probably be @ 0% or less than that.

You should read the entire article.  It's not a puff piece for Obama and in fact it's critical that Obama is not doing more to reduce the deficit but it's clear that the problem is 97% + a result of 8 years of Bush

Please, go look at the budget estimastes of Obama.  I dont know how to post pics, but Obama is dwarfing anything Bush did. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V

by that logic bush's actions with the recession he inherited from clinton shouldnt count for him either, you get it one way or the other hoss...again logic is applied across the board ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
by that logic bush's actions with the recession he inherited from clinton shouldnt count for him either, you get it one way or the other hoss...again logic is applied across the board ;)

the two "recessions" are not even comparable...after clintons recession people still had jobs and houses...etc

debt recession(bush) vs equity recession

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
the two "recessions" are not even comparable...after clintons recession people still had jobs and houses...etc

debt recession(bush) vs equity recession

Everyone agrees that Obama inherited a mess.  However, any realistic view of what he has been doing shows he is Bush on roids, and worse.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
i dont think anyone is disagreeing with that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Stick around a little longer.   ;D  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
no doubt, actually go back up and read straws comments...ive already said obama inherited a steaming pile of shit in this thread but he is simply adding to it not shoveling it away...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Bush inherited a very mild recession and a budget surplus and after 8 years of his own choices he managed to turn that into a global financial meltdown, 2 ongoing wars (never included in Bush's budget), bank bailout (remember Bush and Paulsen OWN this), etc...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Bush inherited a very mild recession and a budget surplus and after 8 years of his own choices he managed to turn that into a global financial meltdown, 2 ongoing wars (never included in Bush's budget), bank bailout (remember Bush and Paulsen OWN this), etc...
LOL obama was just as big a piece of the bailouts as bush brother

like ive said many many times the causes of the situation we are in go to many ppl, trying to blame it all on bush is a idiotic simplistic view of things, that doesnt take into account all the legislation passed under clinton that opened the door to some of the causes. You see you try to justify obamas spending b/c of bush's actions but dont jusitify bush's actions do to others...again logic is applied across the board...

My point is that obama is using money better suited for other shit right now and doing things that the country doesnt need right now...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

See Straw, that is where you are dead wrong 1000000000% and refuse to admit it.  

The Bank bailout is not Bush's alone.  You want to revise history fine,m but that is not what happened.  

Go back and remember what happened - Bush and Pelosi pushed for this and that girl called the GOP House members "Unpatriotic" for not supporting it.  Additionally, remember Obama flew back to Washington with McCain to push for this????

Oh, BTW - who was the fourth person in the room (Bernake,Paulson, Bush, and who . . . . ????)   That's right . . ..  Timothy Geitner.  Geitner was Paulsons self labeled right hand man and crafted the AIG bailout and had a ton of say in the original TARP.  

Bush and Obama are identical in this, both before and after.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Geeze,I guess 9-11 had no effect on the economy.The meltdown occured in the last two years of his presidency,right at the same time the democrats controlled the congress.The housing collapse sits at the feet of Frank,Dodd and the community reinvestment act.THATS the cause of this whole thing.