Author Topic: USA 3 Egypt 0  (Read 1174 times)

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
USA 3 Egypt 0
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
Wheres all the big posts on the Gossip board now Sheriff?  ::)

Standard commercial fan...can only sing when your winning

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: USA 3 Egypt 0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »
bad arab genetics

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:34:05 AM »
zionist plot

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
Brazil bet Italy 3-0 also which suprised me,the Italions for the first 20mins seemed more organised and fluent

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
Brazil bet Italy 3-0 also which suprised me,the Italions for the first 20mins seemed more organised and fluent

Does Italy have to qualify for the world cup or are they already in as defending champs ???

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:46 AM »

Does Italy have to qualify for the world cup or are they already in as defending champs ???
They still muyst qualify like everyone else,except the host nation
But they are top of their qualification group,Ireland are 2nd

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:46:50 AM »
They showed these wacky highlights on ESPN a few days ago.

What I don't understand is this soccer tie-breaker system. As I understand it, even though Italy and the USA are tied, record-wise, and Italy BEAT the USA, Italy is OUT of the tournament.

I don't get that at all. To me, when it comes to playoff positions in any sport, if there's a tie between two teams, the key tiebreaker should be (if applicable) the head-to-head matchup.

If the USA and Italy are tied and Italy won the head-to-head contest, Italy should make the cut.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:25 AM »
MCWAY, I agree with you and that is a proposed system, but sadly the FIFA organisation is run by French based bureaucracy that do everything in their power to be logical.

The current system works by goal difference; i.e. the difference in goals you score and the goals you concede.

So if you score 4 and have 6 scored against you like the USA you have a goal difference of -2.

If two teams have the same goal difference like in the case of USA and Italy the next system to use is ranking by goals score...

USA scored 4 and Italy only 3... so USA go through...

I do agree with the system you think is more logical... if X team beats team Y but in the league they are both on same points then X goes to the championship.

Having said all that... I'm glad USA went through... Italy would have lost to Spain, USA are an unknown with athletic players - they give Spain a good raping last night!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

body88

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:57:16 AM »
USA beats Spain!