Author Topic: Have all the 'protein bar' makers just thrown in the towel?  (Read 1493 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

While all the flavors on display were kickin' some butt at the show last weekend, the carb:protein:fat ratios were out of freaken control. 

Not gonna bash on the taste at all, but it's June and people DON'T wanna be gettin' fat right now...why bring out all the bars that are 25g of protein with 35g of carbs and 18g of fat??  I didn't get it. 

Is that what we've come to?  Honestly trying to compete with Snickers and Payday (which actually have less fat!)?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Have all the 'protein bar' makers just thrown in the towel?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »
While all the flavors on display were kickin' some butt at the show last weekend, the carb:protein:fat ratios were out of freaken control. 

Not gonna bash on the taste at all, but it's June and people DON'T wanna be gettin' fat right now...why bring out all the bars that are 25g of protein with 35g of carbs and 18g of fat??  I didn't get it. 

Is that what we've come to?  Honestly trying to compete with Snickers and Payday (which actually have less fat!)?

qft.
b

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:00:17 PM »

and better fattys cuz peanuts

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »
yep. they threw in the towel

Win!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
Yeah because people get fat when they eat protein bars. That's the reason.  ::)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 06:59:17 PM »
Most protein bars, are made for protein companioes by candy bar manufacturers.Its a known fact.
Protein companies, dont have the equiptment or the ability to make bars, so they are out sourced to well known candy bar companies.
The problem with protein bars, isnt the fat or carbs.Its the Hydrolised Collagen protein ( protein from animal skin, cartlidge,bones hoaves etc,etc) The Soy Protein and Sweet dairy Whey they use as there protein sources.
To make matters worse,when they make these bars, they use heat, which denatures, and damages the protein.Making it totally useless for rebuilding and recovering muscle.
Protein bars are not bad as a snack but when I eat them I dont count them as a protein source.They are simply a tasty snack.IF you choose to eat protein bars just know that, they are not as good as a reputable protein powder.
Plus they contain a ton of glycerin and a lot of sugar  which can make you have a spike, then a severe drop in insulin.
Making you feeling tired and drained.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
protein powders arent any better anyway.

The only supp that works is creatine (and roids) . The only real good source of useful proteins is food, period.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
protein powders arent any better anyway.

The only supp that works is creatine (and roids) . The only real good source of useful proteins is food, period.

I'm going to beg to differ in regards to whey supplements.

I'm just a little schmoe, but I'd be a *really* little schmoe if I had to rely on food alone for my protein intake.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
Fat's there to get big, son. MORE CALORIES = MORE GROWTH.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:40 AM »
Most protein bars, are made for protein companioes by candy bar manufacturers.Its a known fact.
Protein companies, dont have the equiptment or the ability to make bars, so they are out sourced to well known candy bar companies.
The problem with protein bars, isnt the fat or carbs.Its the Hydrolised Collagen protein ( protein from animal skin, cartlidge,bones hoaves etc,etc) The Soy Protein and Sweet dairy Whey they use as there protein sources.
To make matters worse,when they make these bars, they use heat, which denatures, and damages the protein.Making it totally useless for rebuilding and recovering muscle.
Protein bars are not bad as a snack but when I eat them I dont count them as a protein source.They are simply a tasty snack.IF you choose to eat protein bars just know that, they are not as good as a reputable protein powder.
Plus they contain a ton of glycerin and a lot of sugar  which can make you have a spike, then a severe drop in insulin.
Making you feeling tired and drained.

good info bro didnt know that
A

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:26:59 AM »
Protein bars = Garbage

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:32 AM »
protein bars are for fat people.

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 06:06:41 AM »
I'll take a shake over a bar anyday. Aside from the extra shite thrown into bars, has anyone ever had a bar that really tasted great? I haven't.

Some flapjacks are okay, but i'll still pass on bars.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »
Met-Rx Cookie Crunch bars rock.  Even with all the carbs and fat the protein to total calorie ratio is about 30% which is pretty clean IMO.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 08:43:21 AM »

Win!

wtf? lol
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »

That guy on the right doesn't look like a schyster in the least bit........ ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:52:36 AM »

Ok, I'm officially 'bulking' now. 

Gimme that shit!