Author Topic: MELTDOWN! High School Football Coach Shot In Weight Room.  (Read 3787 times)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: MELTDOWN! High School Football Coach Shot In Weight Room.
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
********UPDATE*********

Former player arrested in killing of Iowa coach

PARKERSBURG, Iowa (AP) — Police have charged a 24-year-old former player in the fatal shooting of a prominent Iowa high school football coach.

Police say Mark Becker shot Aplington-Parkersburg High School football coach Ed Thomas several times at about 8 a.m. Wednesday in the school's weight room. Authorities say students were in the room when Thomas was shot, but no one else was injured.

Police say Becker was arrested shortly after the shooting. He is charged with first-degree murder and is being held in Butler County jail.

Thomas died at a Waterloo hospital.

The school is in Parkersburg, about 80 miles northeast of Des Moines.
TELLIN YA'' SOMETHING IS GOING TO COME OUT ABOUT THE COACH.....
p

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »

I kinda got the same feeling...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 11:45:40 AM »

You heard it here first.

We shall see what else comes out as this story develops.

Jizzacked

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »

are you implying this coach may have had a particular fondness for his tight ends?

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
are you implying this coach may have had a particular fondness for his tight ends?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:48 PM »
either he was black or he bought the gun from a black person  ;D

but i can guarantee you the gun was made by a white man

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
Disgruntled ex-offensive lineman??

This is a photo of the 24 year old former high school student from, Parkersburg, Iowa who allegedly shot Ed Thomas.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
Disgruntled ex-offensive lineman??

This is a photo of the 24 year old former high school student from, Parkersburg, Iowa who allegedly shot Ed Thomas.

woah...swedes bitch ass said it was a black man...dumb punk ass bitch racist fuckface

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »
woah...swedes bitch ass said it was a black man...dumb punk ass bitch racist fuckface

He's just another retarded midget.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2009, 02:37:53 AM »

Didn't you always wonder about those 20- to 25-year-olds who 'came back' to visit their high schools?  Fucking weirdos. 

I attended the #1 high school in my state and haven't set foot on the campus since I graduated some 20 years ago. 

spinnis

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2009, 02:39:19 AM »

he was obviously black in a former life.

adn the coach probably had it coming.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »
he was obviously black in a former life.

adn the coach probably had it coming.

WOAH..Your racism runs deep and way past logic....

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2009, 10:45:43 AM »
WOAH..Your racism runs deep and way past logic....

I don't think he was being serious bro.  Simmer...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »
roid rage in 3..2..1...

Seriously, i dont want to judge, but i bet the shooter was an ex-player with a fuckup sense of entitlement.

He was probably a nice guy, but... he looks like he'd be a ruthless fucker as a football coach.  Just me?

spinnis

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »
I don't think he was being serious bro.  Simmer...

ding ding ding

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
ding ding ding

NA you are racist/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »
***********UPDATE*********

It appears this suspect had a pretty extensive criminal background.

Investigators say Mark Becker, 24, walked past about 20 students prior to 8 a.m. local time before firing at Thomas, who was supervising a summer weight-lifting session.

Police said Becker shot Thomas multiple times, including once at close-range to the head, then retreated from the red barn that serves as the weight room as the high school is being rebuilt. No other students were hurt.

Becker fled the scene, and was arrested shortly thereafter in the driveway of his parents' home and charged with first-degree murder. Bond was set at $1 million, and Becker is being held at Cerro Gordo County Jail in Mason City, about 40 miles northwest of Parkersburg. His next scheduled court appearance is July 2.

The motive, in the meantime, remains unclear.

"Motive is another one of those areas that, it's just to early to speculate on," said Dave Winker, of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Butler County sheriff Jason Johnson said Becker did not have a gun permit, and investigators did not provide details on where the gun came from, only that "it was a gun he had access to," the Cedar Rapids Gazette reported.

Court records indicate Becker has been arrested for drunken driving, assault, possession of drug paraphernalia, and in January, he admitted to police to being a methamphetamine user.

Mark Becker was an offensive lineman on Thomas' team through 2003; Becker's father, Dale, was a captain of one of Thomas' squads in the 1970s.

"The whole church cares for both families. I don't know that there are any sides, but just trying to care for them," associate pastor Phillip Jensen told the Des Moines Register.

The evening of Saturday, June 20, Mark Becker embarked on an evening of violence. It started when he allegedly took a baseball bat to the Cedar Falls home of Dwight Rogers, one of whose sons graduated in the same class as Becker.

After slamming his car into the house's garage door, Becker led police on a high-speed chase that crossed three counties, ending in Parkersburg, when he hit a deer while traveling at about 90 mph, according to police.

He was admitted early Sunday to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo -- the very hospital Thomas was flown to and pronounced dead Wednesday.

Cedar Falls police said they believed Becker would undergo a psychiatric evaluation at the hospital, and that their department would be notified when he was released so he could be charged in connection with the events at Rogers' house.

However, Becker was released from the hospital Tuesday, but police said they were never notified. Police would not say whether Becker left the medical facility on his own or with someone he knew.

"We're still investigating the exact sequence of events," Butler County Attorney Greg Lievens said, according to the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

According to Iowa newspaper reports, Becker was convicted of drunken driving in 2005. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor serious assault and fourth-degree criminal mischief in two separate incidents in November and December of 2008, and was fined, sentenced to 90 days in jail, and received a year of probation. However, all but four days of the jail sentence were suspended.

In January, Becker was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after a sheriff's deputy found him with a glass meth pipe and a digital scale during a traffic stop, according to court records.

Becker, who admitted to using meth, pleaded guilty and was fined, according to court records.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
So the Cedar Falls police dept really fucked up!  Wow.  They had this guy in the hospital, failed to detain him and just let him walk out of the hospital and kill the coach.  What a bunch of fuck ups.