Author Topic: Gov. Sanford admits affair with mistress in Argentina  (Read 7370 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Gov. Sanford admits affair with mistress in Argentina
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »
As I stated in my post above, that is what the Republican Conservatives are based on. Which is then a giant contradiction because they want you(us) to adhere by strict qausi-Christian dogma. It's bullshit. Stay out of my life, don't preach to me about values and let the law take its course if I'm doing something illegal.

Personal responsibility, freedom and an unobtrusive govt......wtf?

yep - kind of funny huh?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
yep - kind of funny huh?

Shit, I'm a conservative and this shit pisses me off. Expel the overtly and not so overtly religious elements from the party and or at the very least begin to shift away from this garbage. Yeah, I like solid value and morals, sure, but this has to stop.

People might say "Well if they ditch the religious types they will just go to the Dem side." That would be fucking great and hilarious. The pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage party that is backed by many not so "moral value Christian" types would make a great home for the Religious Groups. God that would be great.

Actually, the inherent hem and haw that would result from the flood of religious groups into the Left would make for a great power struggle and so many politicians spinning and walking the tight-rope that their collective heads would explode. It would be great theater.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 02:26:41 PM »
i'd like to see a politician say "i could care less who bangs who, just fix the economy".

I thin kmost people would agree with him on it.

It goes so far beyond that.How about letting ALL of us just live our lives.If a gay wants to marry ,who cares?If a man wants to use steroids,who cares?If a guy wants to cheat on his wife,who cares?It will never happen.Every one of these fools have an angle to control us.Its their lifes work and we keep voting them in.Dems like to control our money and our feelings about others republicans want to control our bedrooms and our souls and both parties think they can dictate our health choices.Its disgusting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »
It goes so far beyond that.How about letting ALL of us just live our lives.If a gay wants to marry ,who cares?If a man wants to use steroids,who cares?If a guy wants to cheat on his wife,who cares?It will never happen.Every one of these fools have an angle to control us.Its their lifes work and we keep voting them in.Dems like to control our money and our feelings about others republicans want to control our bedrooms and our souls and both parties think they can dictate our health choices.Its disgusting.

how about if I go to work I get to keep my money without it being sliced and diced by liberal busy bodies????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »
again, billy, i agree with you.  I'm all for personal freedoms.

it's the repubs who try to legislate morality actually, which is why it's a bigger deal when they have affairs.  You get a dem with an open marriage... who cares who the guy bangs.  When a repub sits on family values committees, etc, then dates secret married mistress on state dime, it's a big deal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
again, billy, i agree with you.  I'm all for personal freedoms.

it's the repubs who try to legislate morality actually, which is why it's a bigger deal when they have affairs.  You get a dem with an open marriage... who cares who the guy bangs.  When a repub sits on family values committees, etc, then dates secret married mistress on state dime, it's a big deal.

100%.  This is why the GOP needs to move towards RP/Schiff/Goldwater style.

The govt needs to get out of the bedroom and wallet. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
100%.  This is why the GOP needs to move towards RP/Schiff/Goldwater style.

The govt needs to get out of the bedroom and wallet. 

They'd have my vote.  Again.

mccain wouldn't say a bad word about Bush's spending, stem cell limitations, and pretty much doing everything the GOp old school told him to do.

I really really really really really really really really really hope the repubs run a strong, shrewd, sensible candidate in 2012.  I hope he stays outta the bedroom (unlike repubs) and wallet (unlike dems). 

He could win.  If they run a far-right lecturer like Palin, people are gonna be turned off. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
POLITICO about to break something about who paid for this trip to see the mistress.

If he wrote his own check, credit card, which I'm sure he did, he'll be good.

If taxpayers funded this escape, yikes.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »
If this is so significant, and if it counts against Republicans, then is it just as significant and does it count for Republicans that Bush1 never cheated on his wife, Bush2 never cheated on his wife, but Bill Clinton did cheat on Hillary?

How do we know they didn't cheat on their wives?  Rumor was Bush and Rice were doing the dirty deeds.

BTW,  i don't think this counts against the repubs.  It's just funny considering many repubs tout family values.  People are people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »
They'd have my vote.  Again.

mccain wouldn't say a bad word about Bush's spending, stem cell limitations, and pretty much doing everything the GOp old school told him to do.

I really really really really really really really really really hope the repubs run a strong, shrewd, sensible candidate in 2012.  I hope he stays outta the bedroom (unlike repubs) and wallet (unlike dems). 

He could win.  If they run a far-right lecturer like Palin, people are gonna be turned off. 

Im not kidding, do you ever listen to any of Schiff's speech's off the cuff????  

He does not need a teleprompter or notes, he has a machine gun style with facts, evidence etc.  Same as Newt.  Obama would be like that guy in 8 Mile after Rabbit got done, speechless.  

Unless the GOP has someone with such a command like he does, they will not beat ZERO.    

Of course Newt is not electable, but his style is what is needed.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
i was referring to 240 and his failed and see through attempt to get ppl so self own themselves by ragging on this guy for being a dem and cheating and then going haaaa he is a rep....oz i know you guys dont do much modding around here or not as much as the other boards anyway but the shit on this board has gotten extreme lately with the trolling and stupid ass comments, anyway you guys could do something about that?

The original idea of this board was not to over mod it.  I kind of like that because people can just say what they want to say and we can choose to respond or not.

I'd be very surprised of 240 actually thought peeps on this board were stupid enough to fall for it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
I hope the GOP crashes and burns, along with the dems.  Both parties are destroying this country.  

240 - Lets start a Schiff for Prez 2012

Tell me this guy, WITH NO TELEPROMPTER, would not embarass Obama in a debate.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »
The original idea of this board was not to over mod it.  I kind of like that because people can just say what they want to say and we can choose to respond or not.

I'd be very surprised of 240 actually thought peeps on this board were stupid enough to fall for it. 

yeah, i understand when my posts get deleted if they break the rules.  I'm fine with that.  I go off-topic when people call me names of course.

Emails between the woman and Governor Sanford are breaking now.

State of South Carlolina has released them.  He used his public system to email her.

Story is supposed to get MUCH WORSE for him once they're released.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
yeah, i understand when my posts get deleted if they break the rules.  I'm fine with that.  I go off-topic when people call me names of course.

Emails between the woman and Governor Sanford are breaking now.

State of South Carlolina has released them.  He used his public system to email her.

Story is supposed to get MUCH WORSE for him once they're released.

Disgraceful.  I feel horrible for his kids. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »

Yep

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »

Damn right. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
He should step down....
L

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »
One point that should, and needs to be made is that christians aren't perfect.  Yes sanford messed up, but its where he goes from here, and how he handles himself in regards to his family.  People always condemn christians for making mistakes, but remember, they're just people too.  With all that being said, I completely agree that legislators should stay out of the bedroom.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »
One point that should, and needs to be made is that christians aren't perfect.  Yes sanford messed up, but its where he goes from here, and how he handles himself in regards to his family.  People always condemn christians for making mistakes, but remember, they're just people too.  With all that being said, I completely agree that legislators should stay out of the bedroom.

People aren't perfect.   So what?  The issue here is that he's belongs to the republican party. the same party who seized the opportunity provided by Clinton that touted the "Family Values" as a pillar of their campaigning.  Christians should be condemned for making mistakes like this no different that any other religion or walk of life.  But in this case its EXTRA important that this man, who no doubt professed his integrity time and again, gets what is coming to him. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »
Whats coming to him. What did Edwards get, or the current Gov of New York. More bullshit, but he gave a good apology.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 05:22:33 PM »
Whats coming to him. What did Edwards get, or the current Gov of New York. More bullshit, but he gave a good apology.

Edward's will never have a realistic shot at president.  The NY gov is done too.   This latest guy?  He's through. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
You muthafuckas act like republican and democrat is like a different lifeform from each other...like seriously...they are all human with the same urges...when you boil it down they are all the same...This "my side rules" shit is retarded to me. No one is all one thing. Chris Rock said it best "there are some things im liberal about and there are some things im conservative about." dude if you became a republican because you like small government and then just go along with them on the abortion thing because your party said so, you are a slap idiot in my eyes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »

I wasnt referring to 240 actually more towards lurker and mons venus...i agree that it is nice to be able to say just about anything but as in all things in moderation

lol i think you give 240 to much credit

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 05:27:05 PM »
You muthafucka act like republican and democrat is like a different lifeform from each other...like seriously...they are all human with the same urges...when you boil it down they are all the same...This "my side rules" shit is retarded to me. No one is all one thing. Chris Rock said it best "there are some things im liberal about and there are some things im conservative about." dude if you became a republican because you like small government and then just go along with them on the abortion thing because your party said so, you are a slap idiot in my eyes.
I agree, lets put it in other terms we are all getting fucked by the same government doesnt matter if your left or right.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 05:43:35 PM »
I agree, lets put it in other terms we are all getting fucked by the same government doesnt matter if your left or right.

BOHICA