Author Topic: do you "enjoy your workout?"  (Read 14894 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
do you "enjoy your workout?"
« on: June 24, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »
i go to a commercial gym. everyday i go, the crankshaft beeps me in and says, "enjoy your workout." i know hes just being polite so Im not mad at him. but today, im thinking, 'do i enjoy it?'

I enjoy the results but the workout?

so after about 30 minutes i realized that i dont enjoy dragging my fat ass there after work, but 1/2 through it, i do enjoy it. being away from it all, just lifting or eliptisizing.. very enjoyable.

thought you'd want to know  :D 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: do you "enjoy your workout?"
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
You should enjoy it, working out should not make you unhappy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:44:08 AM »
Meh, I do it because if I didn't I would look even worse. Necessary evil I guess.
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »

I hate getting underneath that bar, but love the feeling I get after I move it. 

I'm a cocksure little schmoe sometimes, I tell ya. :)

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
definitely enjoy working out

though it's a little hard to get started some mornings

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
Meh, I do it because if I didn't I would look even worse. Necessary evil I guess.

Listen to me, a few years back, explain how someone with your genetics should train and eat. This will be the greatest information you have ever heard.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »
Listen to me, a few years back, explain how someone with your genetics should train and eat. This will be the greatest information you have ever heard.

Rivals Johnny Falcon. I am glad you have mastered the subtle art of youtube embedding. 8)
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 03:05:29 PM »
Here's some footage from my "comeback" tour.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Nice living room.
I hate the State.

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »
hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

io856

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 02:21:34 AM »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
I don't get it

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
i enjoy the soreness the next morning.  DOMS makes it all worth it.
I

salvageinc

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »
I dont enjoy getting started, but halfway through I really start to enjoy the soreness...and the natural high that slowly builds up...

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 01:59:01 PM »
Ive always loved it. If I miss a couple days I go nuts. My wife thinks im nuts but I think the same about her ;D If i have time off work or holiday, the first thing on my mind is the gym 8)

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »
i train on a legendary powerlifting club (legendary in the north of france of course), some guy here were world class lifter back in the 80's.
the strongest guy did 350/240/320 raw, and 55*220lbs in bench press, he's till training, and had a tattoo as wide as his torso of the logo powerhouse.

so it's dirty gym, with ton of disk, ton of barbell and dumbell, 3 squat rack, 5 bench press, chalk everywhere, rotten locker room, some corner are in relative obscurity because we don't change the lamp...but it's the best gym in the world, some training here were magic cos that gym has a mind.

so in my gym i enjoy working out.
sometime i'm forced to train on commercial gym, there's no mind on commercial gym, i hate training there.
asstropin

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »
I love my workouts when I can control which exercises I do and which ones I don't

meaning.......I hate working out with someone who forces you to perform their exercises...........espe cially if I don't personally find the exercises effective.

If somone forces me to do pushdowns or pulldowns or standing calf raises.....then no.....I don't enjoy my workouts. Don't get me wrong, I like to have a spotter around......so a partner is a must.....but sometimes training "lone wolf" is nice so you can control the exercise selection......without arguing with a partner for 5 minutes.

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
I love Back, Legs and shoulder days for the amount of weight I can use, Chest and arms for the pumps I get. I hate cardio with a passion but have been steady at it to keep BF down and cholesterol in check. I also notice that if I don't eat before a workout I get fewer results and low performance during the training routines.

Abs are something I do twice a week on Tues and Fridays and I like the feeling of tightening and slimming the ab routines give me. Started adding vacuums in but not sure if I am getting much out of them so I don't know if I will keep them in or remove them from the routine.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »
i go to a commercial gym. everyday i go, the crankshaft beeps me in and says, "enjoy your workout." i know hes just being polite so Im not mad at him. but today, im thinking, 'do i enjoy it?'

I enjoy the results but the workout?

so after about 30 minutes i realized that i dont enjoy dragging my fat ass there after work, but 1/2 through it, i do enjoy it. being away from it all, just lifting or eliptisizing.. very enjoyable.

thought you'd want to know  :D 

I enjoy the hell out of mine. Of course some days are better than others but for the most part it is what I do. I'm not a competitive bodybuilder but I've been training all my life and can't imagine not doing it.  If I can't make it to the gym for some reason then it really throws me off.  If I'm going on vacation or traveling the first thing I always do is find a gym. Just like the enjoyment a runner gets from running, I get from spending time in the gym.  I'm glad it's like that for me because it makes it so much easier to stay in shape. It's not like a chore it's a part of my life. It's my recreation and pastime.  Just thought you might like to know.

Pat

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 09:18:58 AM »
I enjoy the hell out of mine. Of course some days are better than others but for the most part it is what I do. I'm not a competitive bodybuilder but I've been training all my life and can't imagine not doing it.  If I can't make it to the gym for some reason then it really throws me off.  If I'm going on vacation or traveling the first thing I always do is find a gym. Just like the enjoyment a runner gets from running, I get from spending time in the gym.  I'm glad it's like that for me because it makes it so much easier to stay in shape. It's not like a chore it's a part of my life. It's my recreation and pastime.  Just thought you might like to know.

Pat

You're lucky you started young and have good genetics.
I hate the State.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »

Pat

I love it but it is hard to get started some days.  For me though, vacation is vacation.  No work, no weights, no thinking.  Just rest and having fun.

gethotabs

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 10:09:32 PM »
Maybe you just need a new routine. I always see to it that I change my program once every three weeks not only to emphasize more challenge but to avoid boredom by doing the same thing over and over again. It is important to address this problem now or you may totally lose motivation in the long run...
----
Everybody wants to get six pack abs, but only the most motivated, strong-willed, and updated to the latest breakthrough succeeds.
Get Six Pack Abs!

hendog

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 06:20:09 AM »
If it is a matter of being burned out then you might be over-training and need a day or two off. Like many of the posts above stated, working out should be fun and refreshing. Whether you go to the gym to get huge, get toned, train sports specifically or look at the hotties in spandex there has to be a reason you first stepped foot in the gym and for most of us that remains the same reason we still go and get swole in the gym. What ever your goals are with working out just keep them in mind and have fun with it. Good luck with it bro!

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
 I love to workout. But there are definatly days I dread getting started. Changing workout routines once in a while is definatly helpfull to keep you motivated. Either changing routine or being able to add wieght to same routine keeps training fresh. There are times when training motivation is not as high. After a show my body is normally burnout and it takes me a few months to feeel normal again. I hate my current schedule school on days and work nights with weekands. Looking foward to graduating and having a normal schedule.....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »
For the most part.........yes.

Training early in the morning can be a bit rough, hard at times to balance it with work, doing other shit and trying to get to bed early enough to get a reasonable amount of sleep. But you feel good afterwards.

No doubt about it...

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
when they say "enjoy your workout" it's like the store cashier or fast food window worker that says "have a nice day"

it's polite for "okay, we're done, you leave now" so "enjoy your workout" and "have a nice day"
X