Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead at 50.  (Read 28677 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: EXCLUSIVE Last Photo of Michael Jackson
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2009, 01:46:37 AM »
Rip.

io856

« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2009, 02:12:53 AM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2009, 02:14:31 AM »

one of his best.
a true pussy magnet.

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2009, 05:18:06 AM »
Shocking!
R.I.P.

spinnis

« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2009, 05:20:06 AM »
haha it may not be so wrong hes behind bars. a walking timebomb.

I would kill a homeless guy to have that voice lol.

Aquiles

• Getbig II
Re: Michael Jackson is dead!!!!
« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2009, 05:31:36 AM »
R.I.P. MJ

"I can't find the words right now to express how deeply sadden I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."

-Timberlake-

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
he died for us bitches,,,PIP

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2009, 05:44:01 AM »
Arnold says:

“Today, the world has lost one of the most influential and iconic figures in the music industry. From his performances with the Jackson 5, to the premiere of the ‘moonwalk’ and ‘Thriller,’ Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity.

"Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe. Maria and I join all Californians in expressing our shock and sadness over his death and our hearts go out the Jackson family, Michael’s children and to his fans worldwide.”

of course
this aint what A REALLY thinks of MJ

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2009, 05:45:50 AM »

Indeed

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:38 AM »
Arnold says:

“Today, the world has lost one of the most influential and iconic figures in the music industry. From his performances with the Jackson 5, to the premiere of the ‘moonwalk’ and ‘Thriller,’ Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity.

"Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe. Maria and I join all Californians in expressing our shock and sadness over his death and our hearts go out the Jackson family, Michael’s children and to his fans worldwide.”

Thx for making the thread BB-related. Now it won't be moved. ;)

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
it's all a hoax!!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Rest in peace MJ.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
"Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe.

Michael was a great entertainer, much more than being a musician per se. He was good at what he did, and pushed the envelope for his style of music. But nothing groundbreaking in the sense of what he did in his genre.
His entertainment skills- dancing & the moonwalk, fine tuning & polishing (huge joke here!) what others did prior to him, and him constantly/consistently reinventing himself were what kept him so popular. But for the word "genius" to be attached to him for those reasons, is not quite apt.
Musicians like J.S. Bach, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, Hendrix, Charlie Parker, Paganini or someone that did something truly ground breaking that nobody had ever done prior to them, that's more of how I would attach the genius moniker.

He had his place in the world, and is certainly the iconic figure that many people of all ages were entertained by. It's a very sad loss...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time

Musicians like J.S. Bach, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, Hendrix, Charlie Parker, Paganini or someone that did something truly ground breaking that nobody had ever done prior to them, that's more of how I would attach the genius moniker.

Agreed, not a genius at all in terms of the music, and the stage presence was right from James Brown, just as Prince copied Brown. I'd include Pink Floyd as someone mentioned the Beatles and Herbie Hancock, and take out Wonder and Mayfield who made some good ditties more in line with Jackson, nothing groundbreaking.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Vince Basile will have reports shortly from the funeral and has begun the process of purchasing Neverland Ranch.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
where you all getting this from?  the bed is upright...as in patient sitting up vs paramedic on flat bed doing 30/2 compressions until advanced treatment in hospital.

nice call, way to be observant  ::) ::) ::) ::)
No Worries 4 me

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
I heard MJ preferred Yates over Coleman.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Agreed, not a genius at all in terms of the music, and the stage presence was right from James Brown, just as Prince copied Brown. I'd include Pink Floyd as someone mentioned the Beatles and Herbie Hancock, and take out Wonder and Mayfield who made some good ditties more in line with Jackson, nothing groundbreaking.

All depends on your criteria, really.
Listen to a lot of early Mayfield, and hear how he directed his drummer to anticipate the back beat on beat #2, yet land right on the beat on #4...it created an effect that was extremely ahead of its time. His "Superfly" era ushered in a whole new genre of music, after he's already hit mass appeal by being in the Impressions and forging ahead in that genre while polishing the current style that was already hugely popular (R&B which then turned into soul music, and then it becomes a bit convoluted). Mayfield wasn't so much the guy that lit his guitar on fire, but his production, and song writing skills is what makes me qualify him as a genius.
Pink Floyd, while I don't exactly care for their musical style, I accept that they are genius' for what they did.
James Brown as you mention (and I forgot), I would certainly have to give him credit too. Even more credit to his band because they were right along with him in creating that funk style. They went from what some call "acid jazz" and just a good down-home groove, to making things far more syncopated and allowing bands like The Meters to make up their style and a whole new genre. Sly And The Family Stone came out of this mold, and when I spoke with Greg Errico-the drummer for S&TFS- he talked about how Sly was a Daly City DJ listening to soul music....and James Brown and Mayfield, you can hear the ties to all this music fairly easily.
Umm...I think I'm getting ahead of myself...Beatles added, Herbie Hancock too. I can keep going but just like how the masses buy Pop music instead of "music," many people would probably crucify my "Genius List" to even make it worth listing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Michael was a great entertainer, much more than being a musician per se. He was good at what he did, and pushed the envelope for his style of music. But nothing groundbreaking in the sense of what he did in his genre.
His entertainment skills- dancing & the moonwalk, fine tuning & polishing (huge joke here!) what others did prior to him, and him constantly/consistently reinventing himself were what kept him so popular. But for the word "genius" to be attached to him for those reasons, is not quite apt.

He had his place in the world, and is certainly the iconic figure that many people of all ages were entertained by. It's a very sad loss...

Are you kidding?

"Groundbreaking" and Michael Jackson are SYNONYMOUS with one another. The man changed music and entertainment culture as we know it today. There would be no MTV as it exists today without Jackson. Remember that MTV was designed almost exclusively as an outlet for white rock-and-roll outlet. Jackson literally smashed the color barrier and made MTV the juggernaut it is today, opening the door for R&B artists, hip-hop, and other genres of music.

His contributions to dance and choreography are well-documented. Things we see today's artists do and is status quo, Jackson was doing some over two and a half decades ago. He revolutionized entertainment, onstage, on-screen, and on-record.

With the exception of Bach, perhaps, none of the men you mentioned can TOUCH what Michael Jackson has done. Contrary to what some news outlets have reported, it was Elizabeth Taylor (not Jackson himself) who gave him the moniker, the "King of Pop, Rock, and Soul" which got truncated (perhaps by those who felt that title stepped on the toes of Elvis Presley) to just the "King of Pop".

But, the King of Pop, Rock, and Soul is are more accurate a title for him, because he dominated in all three arenas of music.

The term "genius" barely scratches the surface of what Jackson was.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time

"Groundbreaking" and Michael Jackson are SYNONYMOUS with one another. The man changed music and entertainment culture as we know it today. There would be no MTV as it exists today without Jackson. Remember that MTV was designed almost exclusively as an outlet for white rock-and-roll outlet. Jackson literally smashed the color barrier and made MTV the juggernaut it is today, opening the door for R&B artists, hip-hop, and other genres of music.

He was definitely right there at the beginning of video, but that has nothing to do with music or stage innovation, get it right. And the video innovation if you want to call it that, was by being one of the first, not because the vids were particularly innovative themselves. The Thriller vidoe was produced by a hollywood movie producer.

Listen to a lot of early Mayfield, and hear how he directed his drummer to anticipate the back beat on beat #2, yet land right on the beat on #4...it created an effect that was extremely ahead of its time. His "Superfly" era ushered in a whole new genre of music,

There were numerous people there before him in the soul and funk vein, dating back to the 50s including my personal favorite the Isley Brothers, the Meters, Sly and Family, Brown and arguably the first, Little Richard as well as his band-Brown and Hendrix both started with Richard's band in the late 50s.

Soul didn't evolve from r&b, it was a secular form of gospel. Most of them grew up singing in churches first.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
He was definitely right there at the beginning of video, but that has nothing to do with music or stage innovation, get it right.

Are you kidding?

His contributions to dance and choreography are well-documented. Things we see today's artists do and is status quo, Jackson was doing some over two and a half decades ago. He revolutionized entertainment, onstage, on-screen, and on-record.

With the exception of Bach, perhaps, none of the men you mentioned can TOUCH what Michael Jackson has done. Contrary to what some news outlets have reported, it was Elizabeth Taylor (not Jackson himself) who gave him the moniker, the "King of Pop, Rock, and Soul" which got truncated (perhaps by those who felt that title stepped on the toes of Elvis Presley) to just the "King of Pop".

But, the King of Pop, Rock, and Soul is are more accurate a title for him, because he dominated in all three arenas of music.

The term "genius" barely scratches the surface of what Jackson was.

You just contradicted yourself, MCWAY.
MTV is an ENTERTAINMENT based medium. MTV is also one of the very reasons we have such contrived music out there. When MTV became as popular is it today, it had NOTHING to do with MUSIC...

"MTV has made music go from being an audio medium, to a visual medium."

One does not lead to the other unless your are in the entertainment business.

My list, is based on MUSIC. Without Stevie Wonder, there would be no MJ. Both were child stars. But I don't remember MJ being on TV shows playing harmonica, playing drums on his records, or having albums that were huge sellers for the day...all while being blind.
This is not to take anything away from Michael Jackson, musically or otherwise. I'm attempting to make a clear point that Michael Jackson was an EXTREMELY talented musician, yet not to be considered a genius when it comes to MUSIC. When it comes to entertainment, dancing, record sales and consistently reinventing himself...the mans track record proves itself....he was an entertainment mogul!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'Jackson's Doctor Missing After Star's Death'
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »
Police want to interview Michael Jackson's doctor after the star's family suggested he died because of a drug overdose, according to reports.

The King of Pop suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Holmby Hills and was taken to the UCLA medical centre where he was pronounced dead.

Tmz.com said Jackson received a daily injection of Demerol, a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine, but was given "too much" on Thursday.

Los Angeles police want to talk to the doctor - who lived at the star's home and administered his injections - but he has not yet been found, the entertainment website said.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: 'Jackson's Doctor Missing After Star's Death'
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »
Interesting....Good find 240.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: 'Jackson's Doctor Missing After Star's Death'
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
I heard Muhammad Abdul Aziz mention this yesterday in his presser....