Author Topic: Roger Huerta vs. Gray Maynard Rumored for UFN 19  (Read 637 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Roger Huerta vs. Gray Maynard Rumored for UFN 19
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:19:39 AM »
Good news for those of you who only chuckled uncomfortably at this picture of Huerta.  From Sherdog.com's blog:

Roger Huerta and Gray Maynard are being eyed for a lightweight bout at UFC Fight Night 19 on Sept. 16 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City, Sherdog.com has learned from a source familiar with the plans. UFC Fight Night 19 will serves as a lead-in for season 10 of "The Ultimate Fighter" on Spike TV.

This will fulfill the final fight on Roger's contract, having refused to sign an extension offered to him earlier this year, after which he can pursue his intended career path: acting (which one assumes to include a dalliance with both Laura Prepon and Scientology).

I'll have to admit that I see this as a bittersweet parting: This is a good fight and fits well within the arc of both fighters' careers.  Additionally, it isn't hard to see how this fight could be fairly enjoyable.  However, Huerta is a bright young prospect, whose grit and heart were able to carry him through adversity both in and out of the cage and it will be unfortunate to see such a talent give it up to be one more fairly handsome nobody in Hollywood.  That said, if a year from now Entertainment Weekly won't shut the hell up about his upcoming marriage to Megan Fox and Oscar nomination for his leading role in Terminator: Seriously, More F**king Explosions, I suppose I could see the wisdom in his decision.