Author Topic: Do any Pros use any other training style other than the 6xweek 3 hour marathon  (Read 1011 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
i heard many pros do ankle grabs for hours at a time on the weekends.
Deep Tissue Massage

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"3 hour marathon"?  Do you beleive everything that is in those videos or in the gay jerk mags like Flex and MuscleMag?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Training style of the pros, it doesn't matter, at all. As long as they do some kind of training that has the capacity to induce some kind of hypertrophy, the drugs do the rest.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
I was under the impression no-one has trained for 3 hours since the 70s when everyone did like 10 hours a day, 10 times a day 10 days a week?! I mean Yates conquered the world with like 50mins, 4 times a week. So 3.5 hours a week.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
The paperbag in the bathroom stall workout was real popular back in the day at Gold's Venice

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Didn't Dexter claim he only worked out 3x per week?  He said it pisses people off when he says that.

wild willie

• Getbig V
the magazines have blown things out of proportion for years......

the only insane idiots to train 60-70 sets per bodypart were michalik and defendis

arnold did 20 sets precontest.....but offseason did very little training....maybe 3 days a week if at all

ed corney told me, that he would concentrate on strength and size and only perform 8-10 sets offseason

then he and arnold would get closer to 20 sets in an effort to strip away excess bodyfat.......zane and those guys also did advocate higher sets......maybe 15-20.....but nothing crazy like michalik and defendis.

johhny fuller was reported to hit close to 30 sets.....but it is only reported in mags

today people are aware that excessively high set training doesn't really give you nay benefits.

10-12 sets would be plenty and i am sure that most of you watch the battle for the olympia dvds.....that will give you a good indication as to what kind of set range most pros are working in.

i have been to venice quite a few times......most of the people training there are neither high volume nor low volume......right in the middle(10-15 sets)

charles glass has most his trainees workout for no more than an hour and with a moderate amount of sets

but you will always have mentzer and jones followers......and then people who tend to believe in ultra high sets

i recently watched a video on youtube of frank zane

he is of the opinion that lower volumen is the route to go......but he didn't neccessarily advocate arthure jones' prescribed 1 set to failure either.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Training style of the pros, it doesn't matter, at all. As long as they do some kind of training that has the capacity to induce some kind of hypertrophy, the drugs do the rest.
fucking spot on

wild willie

• Getbig V
sorry about this.....not trying to be argumentative but......juice is not going to handle the majority of your body's ability to grow.......that said though.....juice is a necessary evil for competitive bodybuilders.....but this bull shit being tosseda round about not having to train and just stick a needle in your ass is for the birds frankly.........genetics ......training knowledge.......nutritio nal awareness and being able to find the best exercises FOR YOUR OWN BODY TYPE.....also factors in to the equation.........sadly though....many people here think that the guy with all the best juice will win the show.......sorry.....but people need to realize if it was that easy.....we would all look like Dexter and company. IMHO