Author Topic: Hard to believe 2 years ago yesterday...  (Read 2952 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Hard to believe 2 years ago yesterday...
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
Benoit his wife and son were found dead. Obviously it's impossible to overlook what he did and i hope he is roasting in hell, but solely focusing on his in ring what are your thoughts on his career? He put on incredible matches all over the world and is one of the best of all time.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Hard to believe 2 years ago yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »
I thought he was amazing.  I'd seen him on TV for many years, but it wasn't until the tragedy that I went on YouTube to look at some of his older matches.  Some of his work with Dean Malenko was awesome.  It really is a shame what happened, it's not the way someone of his ability should be remembered.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
What happened two years ago should not diminish his professional accomplishments – as a human being, yes; but not his career.

Similar to how they wanted to strip O.J. of his Heisman.
O.J. ranks right up there with the scum of the earth for what he's done, but it does not change the kind of football player he was.

If a man climbs to the top of Everest and kills two people next week, he still climbed Everest. That doesn't change.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:05:34 PM »
What really pissed me off about that ordeal was how the media blew it out of proportion and the general publics suffering from information, mis-information, mis-representation. Steroids/HGH do not make you get on a plane, fly accross the country, kill your wife, wait a day, kill your son, place bible next to them and then kill yourself. Ridiculous. Benoit killed because he murdered. Who the fuck knows what was going through his head. Regardless, that will never take away from his wrestling ability. 

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
I always remember the Owen Hart tribute match that Benoit and Bret Hart had as one of my all-time favorite matches.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
Benoit his wife and son were found dead. Obviously it's impossible to overlook what he did and i hope he is roasting in hell, but solely focusing on his in ring what are your thoughts on his career? He put on incredible matches all over the world and is one of the best of all time.

Honestly....I look at him as 2 different people. The one who wrestled his ass off, and entertained me. Then there's the horrible man, who committed such vile acts.
HAHA, RON.....

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
What happened two years ago should not diminish his professional accomplishments

yes.......

it really should !

a guy that strangles his toddler should'nt be remembered for anything..

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »

yes.......

it really should !

a guy that strangles his toddler should'nt be remembered for anything..

C'mon Geo you are going to hold the one bad day Benoit had overshadow all of the brilliant days he had in the ring.

J/K  he should be non-existent at this point.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 04:25:41 AM »
Honestly....I look at him as 2 different people. The one who wrestled his ass off, and entertained me. Then there's the horrible man, who committed such vile acts.
Exactly, he was like Jeckle & Hyde. But no one will ever take away from his wrestling ability and work ethic.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:38 AM »
Obviously it's impossible to overlook what he did and i hope he is roasting in hell...He put on incredible matches all over the world and is one of the best of all time.

Exactly, he was like Jeckle & Hyde. But no one will ever take away from his wrestling ability and work ethic.

Yes.
You remember him for both.

Murderous fvcker will - and should - always overshadow the ring work.
But neither magically cancels out the other.
History doesn’t change.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
damn then exactly 2 years later MJ and farrah fawcett die on the same day

june 25 is a bad day :-\

what was a bigger tragedy for the wwe, benoit or owen hart?

E
E

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
Owen made Vince look bad.

Benoit made wrestling look bad.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »
where the reports that he used the crippler crossface on his son ever verified?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
Reports I’ve read claim that Chris administered on Daniel what investigators believe to be a “hold” analogous in nature to the crossface.
It apparently suffocated/strangled the boy.

Toxicology suggested that Daniel would have died soon, regardless, due to the types and amounts of drugs in his system.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 04:41:22 AM »
Reports I’ve read claim that Chris administered on Daniel what investigators believe to be a “hold” analogous in nature to the crossface.
It apparently suffocated/strangled the boy.

Toxicology suggested that Daniel would have died soon, regardless, due to the types and amounts of drugs in his system.

Benoit's brain was definately out of whack too. Apparently tests showed that he had the brain of an 80 year old suffering from dimentia.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
I’d heard that, too.
But the first thing I thought – and McMahon contested the same point in interviews – was if Benoit’s cerberal function was that bad, then how did he function (apparently normally) leading up to the incident?

Take, for example, the complexities of traveling to several towns each week – remembering which town to be in and when, catching the right planes, renting the cars, finding the hotels, finding the arenas, etc.

A severely deteriorated mind should have some problems accomplishing those tasks alone.

And Chris supposedly exhibited no signs of mental incapacitation in even the hours leading up to this.
People even reported seeing him at the gym signing autographs at the front desk and acting as he always did the afternoon this all went down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »
I’d heard that, too.
But the first thing I thought – and McMahon contested the same point in interviews – was if Benoit’s cerberal function was that bad, then how did he function (apparently normally) leading up to the incident?

Take, for example, the complexities of traveling to several towns each week – remembering which town to be in and when, catching the right planes, renting the cars, finding the hotels, finding the arenas, etc.

A severely deteriorated mind should have some problems accomplishing those tasks alone.

And Chris supposedly exhibited no signs of mental incapacitation in even the hours leading up to this.
People even reported seeing him at the gym signing autographs at the front desk and acting as he always did the afternoon this all went down.

There were definately marital / personal problems there as Benoit missed the PPV and hurried home and it was over that weekend that he murdered his wife and son. He snapped at something in that period. A lot of strange things and half truths going on there. i think there was more than meets the eye for sure.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 11:51:44 AM »
No doubt.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 04:21:57 AM »
Sooner or later the money gets to everyones head. That is when people start getting sloppy. Rec drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. Sooner or later shit happens and in this case it was extreme and tragic.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 06:30:19 AM »
Sooner or later the money gets to everyones head. That is when people start getting sloppy. Rec drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. Sooner or later shit happens and in this case it was extreme and tragic.

I’ve believed that for years.
My dad once told me of a study he read about where laboratory mice were given food & water in their cages.

The groups that were given the most food (like about 50x what they could possibly eat) eventually exhibited signs of behavioral and cognitive abnormalities.

Yes.
I believe success played "a" part in the Benoit tragedy.
Nobody can convince me it didn’t.