Author Topic: are steroids any different?  (Read 1849 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
are steroids any different?
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »
Chicks do shit to make themselves artificially look better all the time.  Anything from hair curling, collagen injections, implants, tanning, push up bras, applebottom jeans, etc....

It's fake and most of us love it anyways.  So why hate on steroids?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: are steroids any different?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:01:39 PM »
Exactly.
I hate the State.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »
agreed, life is short enjoy it, if you want to be jacked and that makes you happy do it, just dont give harm to others ;)
Thunderdome approved

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
Chicks do shit to make themselves artificially look better all the time.  Anything from hair curling, collagen injections, implants, tanning, push up bras, applebottom jeans, etc....

very true

i guess it's just more acceptable for a chick to be into her looks

E
E

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 04:13:39 PM »
I don't understand why so many people here give a shit about what other people may put in their body.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
I don't know why or if this makes sense, but I am anti-steroids in sports because it is against the rules.  No other reason.  I would prefer athletes of spectator sports take steroids and it be allowed, because that would be more entertaining.  For whatever reason though I am such a stickler for rules probably because of my job and following protocol is really imperative for success....
But for recreational use I fully support all drug use even though it is against the law.  Does that make any sense?

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
I don't understand why so many people here give a shit about what other people may put in their body.

exactly
Thunderdome approved

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 04:16:12 PM »
Good question. I'd run it by the Chickster for his input, tho. He'll be at the Riverside Convention Center, tomorrow.  ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »
Good question. I'd run it by the Chickster for his input, tho. He'll be at the Riverside Convention Center, tomorrow.  ;D

He will have to first call Jim Mannion to see how to respond

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 04:21:19 PM »

been sayin this for years.to each his own.focus on you & yours not what others choose to do.
DAWG

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »
been sayin this for years.to each his own.focus on you & yours not what others choose to do.

as long as the stupid shit another person engages in does not affect me I couldn't give a fuck

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 04:31:51 PM »
as long as the stupid shit another person engages in does not affect me I couldn't give a fuck

no doubt bro.
DAWG

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 04:40:38 PM »

Yes, they are different.  Female vanity makes changes on the surface without altering body function.  Steroids make superficial changes but also impact how your body works.  When it's legal for women to take clen but illegal for men to take clen, then you can compare apples to apples.

It's a victimless crime tho.  It's your body and you should be allowed to take whatever you want, but if you think the only impact steroids have on your body are those you can see then you haven't done your research.  Know the risks & make a decision, but don't look for bullshit justifications like women being allowed to get implants.  The one has nothing to do with the other.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »
Yes, they are different.  Female vanity makes changes on the surface without altering body function.  Steroids make superficial changes but also impact how your body works.  When it's legal for women to take clen but illegal for men to take clen, then you can compare apples to apples.

It's a victimless crime tho.  It's your body and you should be allowed to take whatever you want, but if you think the only impact steroids have on your body are those you can see then you haven't done your research.  Know the risks & make a decision, but don't look for bullshit justifications like women being allowed to get implants.  The one has nothing to do with the other.

there are possibilities that makeup can cause cancer

many women have died during breast surgery

tanning beds can cause cancer

E
E

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »
If it were a few here and there, it's one thing...when millions of people are fake...it's get redundant, much like my posts on the matter.
When the majority of C cups are fake, people get tired of it.  Same with gear.
N

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
victimless crime my ass..

you guys are delusional and only posting to justify your own use.

i bet threads like this makes you go all the gooey eh?

you all conveniently forget the was steroids impact on the brain. in fact, ive heard of many steroid users actually being killers...yes, its true.

hard to believe eh?

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 04:58:40 PM »

I'm comparing the reasoning.  People say steroids is cheating and is "fake" muscle, etc....  Rarely bringing up the effects on the body as their reason for disliking the use so my argument is completely valid.  If you read my post more carefully you would see I approve steroid use for vanity but not for sports use when the sports organization disallows it specifically.  

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »
victimless crime my ass..

you guys are delusional and only posting to justify your own use.

i bet threads like this makes you go all the gooey eh?

you all conveniently forget the was steroids impact on the brain. in fact, ive heard of many steroid users actually being killers...yes, its true.

hard to believe eh?

Is this guy for real?
DAWG

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »
there are possibilities that makeup can cause cancer

many women have died during breast surgery

tanning beds can cause cancer

E

Sure, other activities carry risk too, but the question presented is 'are steroids different?' and the answer is yes, they are different.  They alter endocrine function.

Whether they are a greater or lesser risk than surgery or tanning is another matter.  I'm just tired of seeing guys grasping for justifications.  Someone who makes an informed decision to use wouldn't base his decision on 'logic' this kind.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
i wonder if george farrah thinks steroids are a victimless crime after he got shot in the stomach 6 times during a shitty steroid deal.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »
I'm comparing the reasoning.  People say steroids is cheating and is "fake" muscle, etc....  Rarely bringing up the effects on the body as their reason for disliking the use so my argument is completely valid.  If you read my post more carefully you would see I approve steroid use for vanity but not for sports use when the sports organization disallows it specifically.  

I see what you're saying Keg but a personal decision to use should be based on an informed acceptance of risks vs benefits.  What other people are allowed to do in the name of vanity is a non issue imo.

You hardly ever see a guy who says he understands the risks and accepts them.  Users are forever throwing up justifications and rationalizations or simply lying about use.  Almost no one just straight up owns up to steroid use.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
I see what you're saying Keg but a personal decision to use should be based on an informed acceptance of risks vs benefits.  What other people are allowed to do in the name of vanity is a non issue imo.

You hardly ever see a guy who says he understands the risks and accepts them.  Users are forever throwing up justifications and rationalizations or simply lying about use.  Almost no one just straight up owns up to steroid use.

Cigarettes are a perfect example.  Would you say cigarettes are more or less dangerous than steroids?  Risk vs benefit?  I think cigarettes are less reward for even greater risk, yet you can buy smokes just about anywhere. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »
Cigarettes are a perfect example.  Would you say cigarettes are more or less dangerous than steroids?  Risk vs benefit?  I think cigarettes are less reward for even greater risk, yet you can buy smokes just about anywhere. 

Dude this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Cigarettes are bad for you but they're legal.  Fine, but it has nothing to do with steroids.  We're not presenting a case to change the law based on relative risks.  You're just seeking a justification.  The point is that you don't need one.  It's your body.  Make an informed decision and own it without any bullshit.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »
Yes, they are different.  Female vanity makes changes on the surface without altering body function.  Steroids make superficial changes but also impact how your body works.  When it's legal for women to take clen but illegal for men to take clen, then you can compare apples to apples.

It's a victimless crime tho.  It's your body and you should be allowed to take whatever you want, but if you think the only impact steroids have on your body are those you can see then you haven't done your research.  Know the risks & make a decision, but don't look for bullshit justifications like women being allowed to get implants.  The one has nothing to do with the other.

So breastfeeding with implants is ok and doesn't inhibit bodily function or increase risk to the baby.

Fail.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
Dude this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Cigarettes are bad for you but they're legal.  Fine, but it has nothing to do with steroids.  We're not presenting a case to change the law based on relative risks.  You're just seeking a justification.  The point is that you don't need one.  It's your body.  Make an informed decision and own it without any bullshit.

My body makes it's own decisions pretty much without my help.  Ever wake up with morning wood?  Makes you want to take some dbols and smoke a cigarette doesn't it?