Author Topic: WH Drafts Executive Order To Allow Indefinite Detention Of Terror Suspects  (Read 1116 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Well imagine that.  Decker speak on this.   :)

White House Drafts Executive Order To Allow Indefinite Detention Of Terror Suspects
First Posted: 06-26-09 05:32 PM   |   Updated: 06-26-09 06:17 PM

The Obama administration, fearing a battle with Congress that could stall plans to close Guantanamo, has drafted an executive order that would reassert presidential authority to incarcerate terrorism suspects indefinitely, according to three senior government officials with knowledge of White House deliberations.

Such an order would embrace claims by former president George W. Bush that certain people can be detained without trial for long periods under the laws of war. Obama advisers are concerned that bypassing Congress could place the president on weaker footing before the courts and anger key supporters, the officials said. . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/26/white-house-drafts-execut_n_221705.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

White House Drafts Executive Order To Allow Indefinite Detention Of Terror Suspects

The Obama administration, fearing a battle with Congress that could stall plans to close Guantanamo, has drafted an executive order that would reassert presidential authority to incarcerate terrorism suspects indefinitely, according to three senior government officials with knowledge of White House deliberations.

Such an order would embrace claims by former president George W. Bush that certain people can be detained without trial for long periods under the laws of war. Obama advisers are concerned that bypassing Congress could place the president on weaker footing before the courts and anger key supporters, the officials said. . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/26/white-house-drafts-execut_n_221705.html

This is not good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
obama just hit pause on the terrorist issue to push his social programs thru.

he got his stimulus package and it cost him 5 approval points.
he'll get his climate/energy bill and it'll cost him 5 more points - he's at mid-50s now.

After 4 years he'll be in the 40s or so, having pissed off a bunch of moderates.  But his agenday, legacy, whatever, will be that he got the stim bill, the climate bill, healthcare, etc.

It's not a popularity contest.  Guys get elected then keep pissing off those who elected them with unpopular measures for the far left or right.  Bush did it too - he got the wars and other moves he wanted, but he went from 80s to 20s in popularity.

Seems like obama will do the same thing.  In 2012 or 2016, he knows he'll be leaving office anyway.  What's more important to obama - leaving with 80% approval, or leaving with his goals completed?  I'm guessing, like bush, it's about getting shit done that he believes in.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

he'll get his climate/energy bill and it'll cost him 5 more points - he's at mid-50s now.

After 4 years he'll be in the 40s or so, having pissed off a bunch of moderates.  But his agenday, legacy, whatever, will be that he got the stim bill, the climate bill, healthcare, etc.

It's not a popularity contest.  Guys get elected then keep pissing off those who elected them with unpopular measures for the far left or right.  Bush did it too - he got the wars and other moves he wanted, but he went from 80s to 20s in popularity.

Seems like obama will do the same thing.  In 2012 or 2016, he knows he'll be leaving office anyway.  What's more important to obama - leaving with 80% approval, or leaving with his goals completed?  I'm guessing, like bush, it's about getting shit done that he believes in.
and you bitched and moaned and ct'd your ignorant ass through 8 years but now your ok with it?

again....240 the "Official Obama Butt Plug" folks and thats saying alot seeing as the competition he beat out on this board...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
and you bitched and moaned and ct'd your ignorant ass through 8 years but now your ok with it?

again....240 the "Official Obama Butt Plug" folks and thats saying alot seeing as the competition he beat out on this board...
Didn't 240 vote for Bush?  I think so...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
This is not good.

Thst is because like many of have been saying for months

Obama = Bush. 

Same shit different asshole.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Thst is because like many of have been saying for months

Obama = Bush. 

Same shit different asshole.

I spent the first 2 years on this forum railing against BUSH.  This at the very least should show that the 2 party system is BS.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i voted for Bush twice. 

and you know my position on these bad guys... ship them to egypt for interrogation then disappear em.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

seriously, you must be one unhappy dude.  smile a bit.  have some fun debating these topics.  everything you say is accompanied with an insult and profanity.  I've never met a happy person who uses an insult and profanity in every sentence he uses.

smile.  we like to debate things, we disagree.  but we all love the USA, and we all respect our fellow americans, no matter how wrong he may be. 

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!

X10000

tonymctones

• Getbig V
seriously, you must be one unhappy dude.  smile a bit.  have some fun debating these topics.  everything you say is accompanied with an insult and profanity.  I've never met a happy person who uses an insult and profanity in every sentence he uses.

smile.  we like to debate things, we disagree.  but we all love the USA, and we all respect our fellow americans, no matter how wrong he may be. 
I smile all the time brosky but like ive said many many times I have no patience for ignorance and you my friend are a never ending source of it as most here would agree...

You should look at my other post that dont address your idiocy and youll see that im actually quite the nice and calm person.

240 you sir are an idiot true and true and whats worse is you dont even believe half the shit you say you just say it for the sake of stirring up shit, the pinnacle of ignorance.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Obama = Bush.   

There are no two ways about it. 

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
I smile all the time brosky but like ive said many many times I have no patience for ignorance and you my friend are a never ending source of it as most here would agree...

You should look at my other post that dont address your idiocy and youll see that im actually quite the nice and calm person.

240 you sir are an idiot true and true and whats worse is you dont even believe half the shit you say you just say it for the sake of stirring up shit, the pinnacle of ignorance.

Come on now, he's a genius...he got a MBA and his own trailer!  :o

Mons Venus

Bush 2 ?  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Bush 2 ?  ???

Thats what I have been saying for months.

Obama is Bush with darker skin.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
Thats what I have been saying for months.

Obama is Bush with darker skin.   

Only goes to show you, Foreign policy/security matters don't change much from president to president

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Only goes to show you, Foreign policy/security matters don't change much from president to president

On economics that are even closer. 

Both were and are completely reckless with $$$.