Author Topic: What has happened to getbig?  (Read 33129 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: What has happened to getbig?
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »
Was there really a time when getbig dictated the business itself?

yes it was the beating heart of the industry. key figureheads and athletes feared certain getbig posters. notable posters recieved a salary/contracts as well as bonuses for successful ownings and upping traffic.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »
bob chick ruined getbig

get the hell off the east coast and go back to the west coast bobby boy

guys like bluto and AXA chaotic posting on here with multiple gimmicks is what caused severe damage to getbig.......many don't believe that posts are authentic when you have guys arguing back and forth with their gimmicks, or having their multiple gimmicks gang up on and assassinate others

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »
I hate the State.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »

guys like bluto and AXA chaotic posting on here with multiple gimmicks is what caused severe damage to getbig.......many don't believe that posts are authentic when you have guys arguing back and forth with their gimmicks, or having their multiple gimmicks gang up on and assasinate others
bluto kept getbig rocking
youre a nobody...youre nothing...fuck off
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:52 PM »

guys like bluto and AXA chaotic posting on here with multiple gimmicks is what caused severe damage to getbig.......many don't believe that posts are authentic when you have guys arguing back and forth with their gimmicks, or having their multiple gimmicks gang up on and assasinate others

Why do people even bother with gimmiks?
I hate the State.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
bluto kept getbig rocking
youre a nobody...youre nothing...fuck off

hahahahahah..you fell right into my trap Natural Wonder....why did that get you angry>?everyone knows you are Bluto's well-known gimmick

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
lots of good posters are still around, just life has gotten busy for them and they don't post much anymore, there is a new breed of posters now.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
lots of good posters are still around, just life has gotten busy for them and they don't post much anymore, there is a new breed of posters now.

jt

STFU Bluto.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
Right, because only non-Americans are to blame... ::)

of course

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 07:20:55 PM »
NW83 and JTsunami are the glue that hold getbig together.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »

hahahahahah..you fell right into my trap Natural Wonder....why did that get you angry>?everyone knows you are Bluto's well-known gimmick
leave me alone

jt
agreed
great post my friend

and u are the plastic stick that we ooze from
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

and u are the plastic stick that we ooze from

thank u friend

If my admiration for your posting abilities was the ocean...It would take TWO planes just to get across it.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »

King23 holds getbig together to be honest, keeps order, helps out the peasants, and is a fair king.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »
 This page here (Pg-3) is exactly what is wrong with Getbig these days...

I pray we can bring it back to the time when the entire bodybuilding industry moved to the beat of the drum that Getbig played.

We had Mat Duval on the floor in fetal position lying in a pool of his own drool after SARCASM layed him the fuck down...

Derek Anthony leaving his cell phone number leading to endless parades of prank phone calls and more meltdowns and challenges of fisticuffs...

Special Ed leaving inside cryptic messages in his Top 10 Lists to those he knew who read Getbig daily causing him to get e-mails and phone calls  
  from "them" to please remove the thread or leave " that part out"...

spotter mysteriously teleporting himself to the nearest Derek Anthony thread to leave his pearls of wisdom for us to marvel in...

columbusdude getting mentioned by Lonnie Tepper in press...

King Kamali threatening legal action against the "bucktooth jackasses with their pens and pencils"...

Dirt being dished about every talking head in the industy not leaving out Weinberger, Jacobs, Quincy Taylor and the sick love life of Lee Priest...

Jay Cutler testing the waters here to take a hit in the jay (pun intended) and vowing to never come back...

A cold blooded murderer arsonist checking here first to see if the coast is clear.

Now 95% of it is a homo-bitch fest of gimmicks trying to one-up eachother. Lame ass phaggot muthafuckerz!

- Block!
?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
yes it was the beating heart of the industry. key figureheads and athletes feared certain getbig posters. notable posters recieved a salary/contracts as well as bonuses for successful ownings and upping traffic.

HHahahahahahah!  ;D

"key figureheads" LMAO

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
here is one of the biggest reasons i attribute what you guys are talking about to, mind you i was not here during the swan song.

people in the bodybuilding industry are not that smart, everyone hijacks the ideas of another and tries to make it their own, and dilutes it.

look at the supplement industry, now-a-days every idiot thinks he will be the next marketing genious to strike it rich,,,most fail miserably.

now the internet, everyone saw what kind of pull getbig had, and said, hey, what ron is doing is not that difficult, certainly i can do it myslef.

thus one great message board, fractioned into numerous, smaller shittier message boards......people like blechman the bottom twink lured away pros and former pros with promises of money for their loyalty to the new message board.... an we all know how cash strapped most pros and retired pros are.  they could not come here to post even if they wanted to, because they might endanger the insulting stipend they are getting paid to post over at other boards........paying pros to post was a very bad precedent to start...........they used to post here because they are insecure babies who constantly needed their egos strokes, they would have posted anyway.

bodyduilders are not an overly-huge community, BB.com eats up most of the noobs and teenagers (people you wouldnt like posting her anyway), and after you take that into account......how many hardcore lifter/functional posters are really out there..........certainly not enough to keep a dozen or more message boards going strongly

this is a classic case of market dilution on the supply side.......the only good news is that in light of all these adversities, getbig still remains somewhat strong.......all those other message boards like MM, MD, RX are doomed to failure.......they are so fucking weak.

if someone posts those alexa numbers that shows MD getting more site traffic then GETBIG, remember that is exactly what it is, site traffic.......people go there to quickly skim over contest results and see pics of pros, ect..........but their forum is shit........because they are corrupt and agenda driven over there, the site is full of asskissers and sycophants like the mayor and the adman.......these people would get their ass handed to them over at get big

be paitient my friends,,,,,,,,polumbo and co, are no better, they are losers destined for failure, along with the md forum and all of those other shitty forums out there

LONG LIVE GETBIG ;) ;)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »
All hail King Ron!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
 I agree. ALL HAIL GETBIG!

- Block!
?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »
Things evolve.

A lot of the Sour Grapes come from dudes who have been here a long time and the novelty has worn off. I'm sure the new jacks have a different perception of the place cuz it's all new to them.

And you can only maintain a high point for so long. When the SQUAD was riding high and dominating the board it was a fun time around here, but just like a great TV sitcom, the jokes get repetitive, things get stale and the show is cancelled.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
Things evolve.

A lot of the Sour Grapes come from dudes who have been here a long time and the novelty has worn off. I'm sure the new jacks have a different perception of the place cuz it's all new to them.

And you can only maintain a high point for so long. When the SQUAD was riding high and dominating the board it was a fun time around here, but just like a great TV sitcom, the jokes get repetitive, things get stale and the show is cancelled.

Agree all this talk of "the good old days" The guys before that were saying the same thing about the supposed "glory years"

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »
Things evolve.

yeah, thats true too......people almost always exhibit what is know in psycology circles as "euphoric recall".......meaning that they always envision the past in a  much more sympathetic and postiive light then it was in all actuality..........like when i think back to high school, and talk to my friends about all the fun we had and pussy we got.......when in truth most of the time we sat around downtown and talked about how boring our lives were and how lame our town was. 

this is a nutural human tendancy.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
meh... it's cyclical

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 09:06:59 PM »
GETBIG DESERVES A BETTER CLASS OF POSTER!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
GETBIG DESERVES A BETTER CLASS OF POSTER!

myth

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
I agree.

Maybe I am maturing but there is very little laughs on this site anymore
No wonder with some of the shit threads you start thick mick  ;D