Author Topic: Question about the tag titles? ('The Bash' Spoiler)  (Read 1746 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Question about the tag titles? ('The Bash' Spoiler)
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
Now that Edge and Jericho have won the Unified Tag Championship, does that count as two titles (WWE Tag Champs and World Tag Champs)?  WWE haven't yet merged the two titles, so should I add an extra two titles to these guys in the Title History thread?

Also, where are they going with this?  They've spent the last couple of years dismantling the tag division, so there's no-one really for them to feud with.  And does that take them out of the World Title picture, leaving just Punk and Hardy until Undertaker is ready to come back?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Question about the tag titles? ('The Bash' Spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »
lol, epic we have nothing for these guys to do so lets give them the tag belts.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:39:40 AM »
Waste of talent...Jericho & Edge could be used in way better story lines then this.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:51:30 AM »
Waste of talent...Jericho & Edge could be used in way better story lines then this.

I have no idea what they are doing.  There's no one in the tag division for them to do anything with.  I can just see the main event at SummerSlam:  Edge & Jericho VS ..... Goldust & Hornswoggle!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
The need to seriously consider signing more tag teams. There is litterally no tag team division. I remember the eighties there was demolition, the islanders, the killer bees, the hart foundation, the can-am connection, the fabulous rougeaus, the stallions, the bullddogs, etc.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »
The need to seriously consider signing more tag teams. There is litterally no tag team division. I remember the eighties there was demolition, the islanders, the killer bees, the hart foundation, the can-am connection, the fabulous rougeaus, the stallions, the bullddogs, etc.

They've had enough teams over the past couple of years but they broke them all up.  Just a couple of months ago in the Draft they broke up Jesse and Festus, Ryder and Hawkins, Miz and Morrison.  At least Miz and Morrison are good enough to make it as singles competitors, but the others have disappeared since then.

Bring back the Highlanders!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »
They've had enough teams over the past couple of years but they broke them all up.  Just a couple of months ago in the Draft they broke up Jesse and Festus, Ryder and Hawkins, Miz and Morrison.  At least Miz and Morrison are good enough to make it as singles competitors, but the others have disappeared since then.

Bring back the Highlanders!
Nothing touched the tag teams of the eighties. They all stink now.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
Nothing touched the tag teams of the eighties. They all stink now.

True, early nineties as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 04:24:17 AM »

True, early nineties as well.
I like the Quebecer's (mounties) in the ninties. Rogeau & Ollette (who's daughter is Maryse now in the WWE) were great to watch.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 09:02:49 AM »

WWF tag matches with Demolition, British Bulldogs, and the Hart Foundation were always my favorites.

Hart’s did some fantastic work with Demo, and so did the Bulldogs, but by the time Eadie & Darsow came to the Fed, Dynamite’s back problems had evolved to the point where it was affecting his ring work.

However, in his book Dyno credits Ax & Smash for taking good care of him – basically treating him like a baby in the ring. And although Dyno wasn’t anywhere near 100%, he feels they had some great matches anyway due to the quality of their opponents, Demolition. 

Other 80’s teams that I feel were not as good, but still decent enough (for different reasons) include:

Can-Am Connection – Zenk & Martel
Power & Glory - Roma & Hercules
The Dream Team – Valentine & Beefcake
Bushwackers/Sheepherders – great with the younger fans
Rhythm & Blues – simply because they had “The Hammer”
Nasty Boys – always enjoyed their characters and work ethic
The Rockers – Janetty was good & a pre-HBK Shawn was already displaying signs of being a future mega-star.