Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno : Michael Jackson Was in 'Fantastic Shape'  (Read 6465 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Lou Ferrigno : Michael Jackson Was in 'Fantastic Shape'
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:20 AM »
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20287787_20288519,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Michael Jackson was determined not to let his chronic back pain slow him down as he prepared for his comeback tour. So he enlisted the help of The Incredible Hulk to whip him into shape.

"When the promoter hired him to do the tour it wasn't any question for me to train him again because he knew that he trusted me especially with toning and shaping his body," says Ferrigno, who had worked with Jackson on another tour 15 years ago. "Being such an icon and he couldn't afford to have any injuries."

Implementing the same type of routine he had for Jackson years ago – "conditioning, toning, and increasing his flexibility and stamina" – Ferrigno says the entertainer, "wanted to increase strength in his legs.

"The workout wasn't any heavy resistance. A lot of stretching and a light walk on the treadmill," Ferrigno tells PEOPLE. "Being 50, his body went through a lot of stress getting ready for the tour, but he was awesome."

Like others who had seen Jackson rehearse, the singer's death came as a surprise for Ferrigno. "I was devastated. I mean I was shocked. I still think of it as like a joke or a like a dream," he says.

Ferrigno even recalled how Jackson wanted to show him one of his signature moves.

"He heard I was in the running to do Dancing with the Stars, so he said that he would teach me the moonwalk if I did the show," Ferrigno says. "We had a lot of fun."

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Lou Ferrigno: 'Michael's Body Went Through a Lot of Stress'
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »
Yes, Lou is a well meaning lunk.  He stumbles his way through life.

You never mean to do any harm Lou, but you do.  You do, Lou, you do!

Lou's incompetence killed Michael as surely as if he had pulled the trigger.  A trained professional would have identified Michael's ailments and taken action before it was too late!  But not Lou!  Oh no! 

You pushed Michael too hard Lou!  You hand us stories about walking on a treadmill.  Bah!  You pushed him Lou!  You pushed Michael into the grave!

Lou wants to gain notoriety as Michael's trainer while at the same time excusing himself from any responsibility for Michael's death.  You can't have it both ways Lou!

Can't believe Hank isn't on this like flies on a corpse.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Lou Ferrigno : Michael Jackson Was in 'Fantastic Shape'
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MichaelJackson/story?id=7963807&page=1
Questions about Michael Jackson's health have dominated conversations about the pop icon since his unexpected death last week from cardiac arrest
But the singer's trainer, actor and bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno, said Jackson was "in fantastic shape."

"He might have been a little thin because he was under a lot of stress training for the tour," Ferrigno, who played the Hulk in "The Incredible Hulk" TV series, said in an interview that aired on "Good Morning America" today. "But when I put him through the routine and everything, I mean, it was just fine. I mean, very energetic."

He said Jackson could have handled his tour, which was scheduled to begin next month.

"He was dancing as good as anyone. And, you know, I'm an expert. And I was with Michael. If I didn't feel Michael could've pulled this off, I would've told him," Ferrigno said. "I think he was going to give the greatest tour in his entire life."

Ferrigno's assessment of Jackson's physical condition stands in stark contrast to one writer's description of the Gary, Ind., native.
Ian Halperin, who is publishing a new biography on the "Thriller" singer, wrote in December that Jackson had only six months to live. He said Jackson suffered from a rare form of lung disorder.

"On some days, he could barely talk," Halperin wrote recently in a British publication. "He could no longer dance."

Halperin said it would have been impossible for the father of three to complete one concert, much less the 50 he had planned.

Halperin, whose book, "Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson," is due for release in late July, said the former Jackson 5 lead singer was suicidal on some days.

The singer's representatives have denied claims that Jackson's health was on the decline, saying the "moon-walker" passed a four-hour physical in preparation for his London concerts.

Ferrigno, who has known Jackson for 15 years, said the pop icon was "very energetic" during workouts and "was in fantastic shape," although "he might have been a little thin because he was under a lot of stress training for the tour."

Ferrigno, 57, said he last trained with Jackson, 50, about three weeks and would go to the singer's home three or four times a week.

The two used tools like exercise balls and did a lot of core training to get Jackson in shape.

"He didn't want to weight train. So he mostly wanted to deal with flexibility and conditioning," Ferrigno said. "He didn't look like he was in pain because he was on the treadmill. He did the stretching exercises."

In addition to training, it seems that Jackson kept a strict diet.

"I think he was a vegetarian. And he only ate once a day. But I just told him the proper supplements to take," Ferrigno said. "The most important thing was the attitude, the mind because he really wanted to be in his best shape." ...........

??? ???

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Lou Ferrigno : Michael Jackson Was in 'Fantastic Shape'
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »
Lou Ferrigno is shitting bricks.

Negligence.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:45:07 AM »
we will keep on eye on you louie.

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »

;D ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:07 AM »

The word has come down from high above.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »
No shame. What a joke. Jackson was 112 lb. at 5'10" which is ok with Louie.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
exactly how hard did louie get accidentally  ::) dropped on his head as a baby?
carpe` vaginum!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
No shame. What a joke. Jackson was 112 lb. at 5'10" which is ok with Louie.
With a long history of opiate abuse. If anything more went on in these workouts than a situp I'd be stunned.  ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »
lol Ferrigno has no shame.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
Vegetarian eating once a day, 50lbs underweight and his "Trainer" didn't see anything wrong with that  ???

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »
Vegetarian eating once a day, 50lbs underweight and his "Trainer" didn't see anything wrong with that  ???

And a trainier who THINKS his client was vegetarian? ::)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »
Lou Ferrigno is a fucking moron.  Why the fuck would anyone hire his ass anyways?  He's a bodybuilder that got to his size and shape through copious amounts of drug use.  Does he have a degree in exercise physiology?  Does he have a medical degree?  He's a glorified personal trainer because of his status not his knowledge.  Jackson looked like death warmed up.  Anyone that thought he could have pulled off a world tour is nuts.  The guy was a rack of bones. 

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »
lou should be alright. He is milking everything he can from this....... but questions are thrown to him, so oh well...

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »
Lou Ferrigno is a fucking moron.  Why the fuck would anyone hire his ass anyways?  He's a bodybuilder that got to his size and shape through copious amounts of drug use.  Does he have a degree in exercise physiology?  Does he have a medical degree?  He's a glorified personal trainer because of his status not his knowledge.  Jackson looked like death warmed up.  Anyone that thought he could have pulled off a world tour is nuts.  The guy was a rack of bones. 
I agree.
R.I.P. Michael

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Hahahashah, The dude was injecting Demerol and morphineKAND WAS 126LBS.

Track marks all over his body, plus all the other shit he was taking.

What a freakin Jackass he is.  Bullshitting everyone.... Hahahhhahahha, Fantastic Shap I guess ;lllas

Most are all show no go!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Hahahashah, The dude was injecting Demerol and morphineKAND WAS 126LBS.

Track marks all over his body, plus all the other shit he was taking.

What a freakin Jackass he is.  Bullshitting everyone.... Hahahhhahahha, Fantastic Shap I guess ;lllas

I bet Lou is in horror shock that the autopsy will reveal Micheal died from the steroids he got from Lou.

Steroids +  demerol + advil ?

Damn it Michael, you died for them bitches!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Micheal couldn't handle the bodybuilding lifestyle.

DK II

• Getbig V
Micheal couldn't handle the bodybuilding lifestyle.

Maybe it was an overdose of PLAZMOSIS?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Maybe it was an overdose of PLAZMOSIS?

:o :o :o :o :o :o

He had no chance.

DK II

• Getbig V
:o :o :o :o :o :o

He had no chance.

he went from 120 to 240 lbs in one night, but then he imploded and got a heart attack.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
he went from 120 to 240 lbs in one weeknight, but then he imploded and got a heart attack.

;D

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
i agree, lou ferrigno is a fucking asshole in every definition of the word.......scrambling as hard as his legs to move him trying to avert the "personal trainer who killed jacko" moniker.