Author Topic: The Purpose of Purpose - Richard Dawkins  (Read 9769 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The Purpose of Purpose - Richard Dawkins
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
I hate the State.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
Re: The Purpose of Purpose - Richard Dawkins
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »
"The evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins says your genes care about themselves.."

Quite philosophical.

Those lifes are just a back up memory of informations called gens.
Impressive..

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:17:55 AM »
Every sciences end up with Metaphysics.

Cus we are just going back and forward inside of our narrow limited superficial conciousness(Inteligence).

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:19:41 AM »
Every sciences end up with Metaphysics.

Cus we are just going back and forward inside of our narrow limited superficial conciousness(Inteligence).

Next time, use Kanji...
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »
Richard Dawkins thinks Ron Paul is moronic. Especially when it comes to his stupidity of not believing in Evolution yet being a doctor,  the funding of Science and separation of Church and State.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »
Looks interesting.

I am currently going through my second go around with The God Delusion.

Dawkins is an excellent writer and orator.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:50 AM »
dawkins is a myopic closeminded asshole.....ben stein makes him look like a fool in the movie 'expelled'

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Is it the same pseudo-philosophic positivistic drivel again?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »
haha Ben Stein, sorry, hahahahaaaaaa

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 11:50:25 AM »
haha Ben Stein, sorry, hahahahaaaaaa

yeah, you fucking uneducated douche......ben stein.........the attorney, economist, spechwriter for two presidents, filmmaker,valedictorian of YALE, noted historian, political commentator.......column ist for publications such as the wall street journal, the new your times, barrons and penthouse

but you, the uneducated douche, know him as the guy with the monotonous voice on the wonder years.........because you are an lopudmouth asshole

ben stein is one of the most highly educated, brilliant people this country ever produced..........and on a higher intellectual plain then richard dawkins........any day of the week

sorry fuckhead, hahahahahaha ;) ;) ;) ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 11:57:43 AM »
The ben stein documentary has lots of flaws too, but at least one or two people who cut through the bullshit.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »
The ben stein documentary has lots of flaws too, but at least one or two people who cut through the bullshit.

Ben Stein is a creationist. Are we shifting here Mr. 'Scientific Aspect'?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »

Maybe you misread my previous post.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
Maybe you misread my previous post.

No. I am not a positivist anymore because of my experiences this year but despite this see zero evidence for any deity. Do you wish to claim otherwise?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »
No. I am not a positivist anymore because of my experiences this year but despite this see zero evidence for any deity. Do you wish to claim otherwise?

I don't wish to claim anything.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

no, ben stein is not a "creationist"........he is a proponent of intelligent design.......there is a huge difference there

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »

and i agree, expelled was not without its own flaws

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
no, ben stein is not a "creationist"........he is a proponent of intelligent design.......there is a huge difference there

Intelligent design is still pseudo-science in my opinon. Why not just practice philosophy instead?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »

Uhmm...there is no difference. Everyone with half a brain knows what ID is...it IS creationism.
I hate the State.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
yeah, you fucking uneducated douche......ben stein.........the attorney, economist, spechwriter for two presidents, filmmaker,valedictorian of YALE, noted historian, political commentator.......column ist for publications such as the wall street journal, the new your times, barrons and penthouse

but you, the uneducated douche, know him as the guy with the monotonous voice on the wonder years.........because you are an lopudmouth asshole

ben stein is one of the most highly educated, brilliant people this country ever produced..........and on a higher intellectual plain then richard dawkins........any day of the week

sorry fuckhead, hahahahahaha ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh the folly of man!

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
Uhmm...there is no difference. Everyone with half a brain knows what ID is...it IS creationism.

no, your so wrong its silly......creationism basically adheres to the biblical story for the orgin of life.....adam and eve, earth 10,000 years old, ect....

ID say that of course the earth is billions of years old, and of course life evolves, but something just did not start one day from nothing, or piggyback on crystals.......there was somekind of conciousness that was responsible for the quickening, and directed it along the way................maybe it was what some people call "god"........or maybe it was space aliens, who knows

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »

no, your so wrong its silly......creationism basically adheres to the biblical story for the orgin of life.....adam and eve, earth 10,000 years old, ect....

ID say that of course the earth is billions of years old, and of course life evolves, but something just did not start one day from nothing, or piggyback on crystals.......there was somekind of conciousness that was responsible for the quickening, and directed it along the way................maybe it was what some people call "god"........or maybe it was space aliens, who knows

Unessary postulate. Why posit the existence of any sort of 'creator' when it is not necessary? That is not science. It is still more damning that merely invoking one has nothing to do with the scientific method or its principles.
I hate the State.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
Unessary postulate. Why posit the existence of any sort of 'creator' when it is not necessary? That is not science. It is still more damning that merely invoking one has nothing to do with the scientific method or its principles.

no, not an unnecessary postulate at all........if you see a random pile of rocks strewn about a field, it is logical to assume them being there is happenstance......no order or intelligence responsible............. ....now you arrive upon a field and see an obelisk, or stonehenge perhaps, you see order, you know those rocks were cut, arranged, aligned................y ou know some sort of intelligence or conciousness must have been present there.........maybe its not there anymore, maybe it left, maybe its a clockmaker......who builds the clock, sets it,........and the clock runs on its own for eternity..........but it is only logical to assume something was present to change complete entropy to extropy.

but it silly to start arguing meta-physical semantics.........im not here to change anyones mind............you seem like a smart guy,there must be a good reason you hold the beliefs you do

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
no, not an unnecessary postulate at all........if you see a random pile of rocks strewn about a field, it is logical to assume them being there is happenstance......no order or intelligence responsible............. ....now you arrive upon a field and see an obelisk, or stonehenge perhaps, you see order, you know those rocks were cut, arranged, aligned................y ou know some sort of intelligence or conciousness must have been present there.........maybe its not there anymore, maybe it left, maybe its a clockmaker......who builds the clock, sets it,........and the clock runs on its own for eternity..........but it is only logical to assume something was present to change complete entropy to extropy.

but it silly to start arguing meta-physical semantics.........im not here to change anyones mind............you seem like a smart guy,there must be a good reason you hold the beliefs you do

Any positing of a 'creator' is faced with the problem of infinite regression. If you insist there is a 'creator' because 'creation' requires such, then who or what created the 'creator'? and as for intelligence...gotta love Neil de Grasse Tyson, Stupid Design:

I hate the State.