Author Topic: Starbucks coffee  (Read 2456 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Starbucks coffee
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »
Oh brother, tastes like it was filtered through an old skidmarked pair of my shorts.

I don't get it.

Jonny34

• Getbig III
Re: Starbucks coffee
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:35:42 PM »
Oh brother, tastes like it was filtered through an old skidmarked pair of my shorts.

I don't get it.

Any of those shorts for sale? 8)       Aroma kinda stale?  Send it in the mail!

Team Nasser Approved !  8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »

I don't get it.

I still cannot figure out why you haven't changed your name yet.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »
I still cannot figure out why you haven't changed your name yet.
he's gonna let that gimmick ride 8)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »
I prefer Dunkin Donuts personally

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »

I don't get it.

It's the worst tasting shit on the face of the Earth. That chain is a liberal conspiracy.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

I don't get it.
There's one 2 blocks from my gym, so it's like a conveyor belt of them coming through the door. I just don't understand the SBs culture. If I was a coffee drinker, I'd shell out some good bucks for a real coffee maker, get my own beans and get one of those really good thermal mugs. Probably recoup my investment in about 2 months with the prices SBs charges. Luxury prices for a farkin' commodity. Morons are everywhere.  ::)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
dont get where the rumor that the coffee is more expensive

Dunkin donuts costs 2.15 for a coffee near me while Starbucks costs only $2.11

I could care less about cents but the reason I go to Starbucks is that if you compare who works at which chain you will see Dunkin Donuts is full of white trash, ghetto blacks and mexicans while starbucks is full of young hot tail or white 20 something nerds who dont have tattooed throats or gold teeth

1 in 3 times I go to D&D they fuck something up

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
dont get where the rumor that the coffee is more expensive

Dunkin donuts costs 2.15 for a coffee near me while Starbucks costs only $2.11

I could care less about cents but the reason I go to Starbucks is that if you compare who works at which chain you will see Dunkin Donuts is full of white trash, ghetto blacks and mexicans while starbucks is full of young hot tail or white 20 something nerds who dont have tattooed throats or gold teeth

1 in 3 times I go to D&D they fuck something up

wow...only 99 cents for med coffee at D&D here.  McDonalds also has pretty decent coffee as well.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 01:33:15 PM »
To be ashamed, I have never stepped in Starbucks coffee in my life.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »
Orange Mocha Frappacino!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

If you're gonna drink Starbucks you may as well dip your mug in a toilet at a trucker's reststop.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »
what the fuck is starbuck?
asstropin

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
I think the attacks on starbucks indicates a lack of taste, i mean what are they saying that dunkin's better? lol starbucks got huge because their product is better both in terms of the coffee (relative to mass market outlets), and because of the superior presentation, decor and staff.

I like starbucks, it's clearly better than mass market stuff which is why it was able to carve out huge niches for itself. Dunkin is ok working class coffee but not in the same category of taste at all, and McDonald's is simply trying to follow starbuck's success.

In countries where there's a much stronger, established and quality coffee culture there are still 'bucks doing very well. The only difference is that unlike the US, starbucks rivals were there decades in advance with an existing euro cafe culture, and they won't be eliminated nearly as quickly as competitors in the US were.

The only way to effectively criticize 'bucks coffee would be in taste tests against the smaller number of independant and/or european coffee chains, but even then it's not clearly one better than the other.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 02:46:57 PM »
I think the attacks on starbucks indicates a lack of taste, i mean what are they saying that dunkin's better? lol starbucks got huge because their product is better both in terms of the coffee (relative to mass market outlets), and because of the superior presentation, decor and staff.

I like starbucks, it's clearly better than mass market stuff which is why it was able to carve out huge niches for itself. Dunkin is ok working class coffee but not in the same category of taste at all, and McDonald's is simply trying to follow starbuck's success.

In countries where there's a much stronger, established and quality coffee culture there are still 'bucks doing very well. The only difference is that unlike the US, starbucks rivals were there decades in advance with an existing euro cafe culture, and they won't be eliminated nearly as quickly as competitors in the US were.

The only way to effectively criticize 'bucks coffee would be in taste tests against the smaller number of independant and/or european coffee chains, but even then it's not clearly one better than the other.

Why does it taste like my ass then?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
Why does it taste like my ass then?

its the way they roast their beans.  they actually burn them.  personally i don't like it.  but hey, to each his own.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 02:52:13 PM »
I can make a pot of coffee at home that will blow away any of the more famous 4 star coffee shops.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
I can make a pot of coffee at home that will blow away any of the more famous 4 star coffee shops.

Exactly

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »

Spell out this magic in detail or it didn't happen. No reason it would be any better at home.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »

Start up your own business and you will be better then starbucks
D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »
Spell out this magic in detail or it didn't happen. No reason it would be any better at home.

Pumpster, if you have to ask you'll never know.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
Pumpster, if you have to ask you'll never know.

Making the statement without backing it up in detail is just talking out your ass. Let's see this otherwise you're blowin smoke. ;)

Hope this helps.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

hahahaaha..............d on't hold your breath it's much easier to make the statement than back it up lol

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »

I'm already spread thin between running multi-billion dollar conglomerates, 10 thousand dollar a night hookers, and cage fighting contractual obligations.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »
I'm already spread thin between running multi-billion dollar conglomerates, 10 thousand dollar a night hookers, and cage fighting contractual obligations.

I see that you are the average getbigger  8) I would ask to borrow a few million but i am doing the same thing by running so many damn compines.  ;D How is your Yacht doing?
D